2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/9/2019 at 7:32 PM, CJKylie said:

Today I received my oath letter in the mail and a letter saying my new green card is on the way - will be interesting to see whether I receive a new green card lol

@CJKylie Congratulations!  I wanted to ask you if you received the oath ceremony's letter in the online (documents tab) account.  I think I saw you had applied online.

41 minutes ago, asr_nyc said:

@CJKylie Congratulations!  I wanted to ask you if you received the oath ceremony's letter in the online (documents tab) account.  I think I saw you had applied online.

Yes the letter appeared online about 24-48hrs after my interview :)

Edited by CJKylie

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

90 Day Window Opened.....08/03/17

I-751 Packet Sent................08/04/17

NOA Dated...........................08/07/17

NOA Received......................08/09/17

Check Cashed......................08/09/17

Biometrics Letter Rcvd........08/26/17

Biometrics Appointment......09/07/17

Approval................................08/05/19

Naturalization Timeline

Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

90 Day Window Opened.......08/03/18

N-400 Filed (Online)..............08/03/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/03/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/20/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/07/18

Interview Letter Dated...........07/01/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............07/08/19

Interview................................08/05/19

Oath.......................................08/22/19

On 7/17/2019 at 2:18 AM, santiagosilva said:

did you ever get an update? I have N 400 on july 22 while i 751 pending.. and now I find out that i might not even have a combo interview ..just wondering about your case

Hi, how do you know that you might not have combo interview? I have not heard anything since I just applied on Feb 5th 2019. 

13 minutes ago, Ptl4511 said:

Hi, how do you know that you might not have combo interview? I have not heard anything since I just applied on Feb 5th 2019. 

I believe it really just depends on whether the office has received the I-751 in time for the interview, and there’s not really any way of knowing this until you get to the interview.

For example, my I-751 status was that it was at NBC, so I didn’t think they would have a copy at my interview, but luckily they did

ROC Timeline

Naturalization Timeline

9 hours ago, CJKylie said:

I believe it really just depends on whether the office has received the I-751 in time for the interview, and there’s not really any way of knowing this until you get to the interview.

For example, my I-751 status was that it was at NBC, so I didn’t think they would have a copy at my interview, but luckily they did

i'm in the same boat, my latest I-751 status is at NBC and i'll have N-400 interview on 9/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 hours ago, CJKylie said:

Ignore the transfer notice. I got the same transfer notice AFTER my 751 was approved. It went from Approval to Pending after I recieved the approval letter. Do not assume anything based on the transfer notice which is really not true and almost meaningless. It is a system update, your field office probably has your packet and the combo interview could be a real possibility. You should be prepared for that.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
39 minutes ago, BaconBait said:

i'm in the same boat, my latest I-751 status is at NBC and i'll have N-400 interview on 9/23

I got this message of "A new office has the jurisdiction of your case" after my 751 was approved. It still says that and I have been a new citizen since last May. Never believe the new transfer notice and don't let it fool you or make you become complacent. The fact is probably your field office has both 400 and 751 packets, you should assume the combo interview is coming and be prepared. If your marriage is real and has tons of evidence submitted, you got nothing to worry about. I would also take more evidence with me for the possible combo interview that shows your marriage is continuous. That is what I would do based on my experience. USCIS wanted to do a combo interview, but my husband was too sick to go, so I had to prove why he could not come to the possible 751/400 interview, my husband passed 3 days after the interview, and I submitted his death certificate and my 751 was approved a month later and I got a notification saying they scheduled my citizenship ceremony. I have been a citizen since last May. My case was uniquely sad and complicated, but the point is USCIS did try to do a combo interview, and funnily, my 751 application still says my case is at NBC despite the fact that my 751 was approved and me being a citizen for almost a year and a half!

Edited by Zombie69

1 hour ago, Zombie69 said:

Ignore the transfer notice. I got the same transfer notice AFTER my 751 was approved. It went from Approval to Pending after I recieved the approval letter. Do not assume anything based on the transfer notice which is really not true and almost meaningless. It is a system update, your field office probably has your packet and the combo interview could be a real possibility. You should be prepared for that.

I already had my interview lol

ROC Timeline

Naturalization Timeline

Timeline
Just now, CJKylie said:

I already had my interview lol

Oh ok. At least other members who have not done the interview should take the transfer notice with a grain of salt.

5 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

I got this message of "A new office has the jurisdiction of your case" after my 751 was approved. It still says that and I have been a new citizen since last May. Never believe the new transfer notice and don't let it fool you or make you become complacent. The fact is probably your field office has both 400 and 751 packets, you should assume the combo interview is coming and be prepared. If your marriage is real and has tons of evidence submitted, you got nothing to worry about. I would also take more evidence with me for the possible combo interview that shows your marriage is continuous. That is what I would do based on my experience. USCIS wanted to do a combo interview, but my husband was too sick to go, so I had to prove why he could not come to the possible 751/400 interview, my husband passed 3 days after the interview, and I submitted his death certificate and my 751 was approved a month later and I got a notification saying they scheduled my citizenship ceremony. I have been a citizen since last May. My case was uniquely sad and complicated, but the point is USCIS did try to do a combo interview, and funnily, my 751 application still says my case is at NBC despite the fact that my 751 was approved and me being a citizen for almost a year and a half!

So sorry to hear about your husband.

I would actually hoping for combo interview.

My I-751 was transferred on 8/5, and i got paper notice for it, it's transferred to NBC. My N-400 was schedule for interview on this same date

However, on 8/6 it's got transferred again and i don't receive paper notice for this and hope it would transfer to my local office.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, BaconBait said:

So sorry to hear about your husband.

I would actually hoping for combo interview.

My I-751 was transferred on 8/5, and i got paper notice for it, it's transferred to NBC. My N-400 was schedule for interview on this same date

However, on 8/6 it's got transferred again and i don't receive paper notice for this and hope it would transfer to my local office.

Thank you for your condolences. I also got a paper transfer notice too. I have a feeling you will probably have a combo interview. Good luck, keep us posted.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I went in for my interview today with my family at Dallas Field Office and it was a combo.

The officer was a good example of kindness and friendliness :) 

She started with the i-751 interview but it's just basically confirming everything I had on the form were correct and didn't even ask my wife any question but we were all discussing about some new homes in our area.

Then, to the N400. She started with the reading and writing test.

Read: Who elect Congress

Write: The people elect the Congress

1. Who's the president of United State

2. What even happened in September 9, 2001

3. Name one of the two longest river in US

4.Why the colonies fought the British

5. One thing you do when you become a US Cititzen

6. Name one state that borders Mexico.

Then we went through the yes/no questions ... I own tax and I showed her evidence of auto payment plan of $500 monthly;

I signed couple of docs on the ipad screen and that was it ... she said congratulations.

They stopped having the oath ceremony in their office and now using an event centre ... I got notice that a oath ceremony mail has been sent but it's not yet on my online account. 

Anyone with the idea of how long it takes before your oath ceremony letter shows up on your online account?

9 minutes ago, mymercy said:

I went in for my interview today with my family at Dallas Field Office and it was a combo.

The officer was a good example of kindness and friendliness :) 

She started with the i-751 interview but it's just basically confirming everything I had on the form were correct and didn't even ask my wife any question but we were all discussing about some new homes in our area.

Then, to the N400. She started with the reading and writing test.

Read: Who elect Congress

Write: The people elect the Congress

1. Who's the president of United State

2. What even happened in September 9, 2001

3. Name one of the two longest river in US

4.Why the colonies fought the British

5. One thing you do when you become a US Cititzen

6. Name one state that borders Mexico.

Then we went through the yes/no questions ... I own tax and I showed her evidence of auto payment plan of $500 monthly;

I signed couple of docs on the ipad screen and that was it ... she said congratulations.

They stopped having the oath ceremony in their office and now using an event centre ... I got notice that a oath ceremony mail has been sent but it's not yet on my online account. 

Anyone with the idea of how long it takes before your oath ceremony letter shows up on your online account?

Mine showed up online the next day and paper form arrived in 3 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.