2,950 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, ukrainian said:

Same, nothing since july 9th. I did call uscis, couldnt get tier 2 officer so was told after 90 days i can submit an inquiry. Originally i got decision cant be made yet due to my i751 pending. No she said its recommended for approval but they reserve 120 days to make a decision. Which if this will indeed take that long im missing family reunion. I thought with it finally moving i was close to be done and actually can make it there in time, now ive lost any hope. Oh well, waiting game now.

Sorry to hear that, I lost hope too, I was planing to visit my family too but IDK how long I need to wait for that.

Good luck though, and keep me updated. 

16 hours ago, CJKylie said:

Had my interview today in Santa Ana, CA.

Passed the test, but decision cannot be made due to pending ROC. Hopefully I’ll hear something in a couple of days.

15 hours ago, CJKylie said:

Update: 1 hour after my interview I received an email saying I’m in line for oath ceremony 🤙🏻

This morning I received 2 emails: one saying green card in production, and one telling me to check my uscis account. Upon checking my N400 has been scheduled for oath. Letter is not in documents tab yet, so not sure of the date, but I’m assuming it will be one of the Aug 22nd ceremonies @ LA Convention Center.

Edited by CJKylie

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

90 Day Window Opened.....08/03/17

I-751 Packet Sent................08/04/17

NOA Dated...........................08/07/17

NOA Received......................08/09/17

Check Cashed......................08/09/17

Biometrics Letter Rcvd........08/26/17

Biometrics Appointment......09/07/17

Approval................................08/05/19

Naturalization Timeline

Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

90 Day Window Opened.......08/03/18

N-400 Filed (Online)..............08/03/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/03/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/20/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/07/18

Interview Letter Dated...........07/01/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............07/08/19

Interview................................08/05/19

Approval................................08/05/19

Oath.......................................08/22/19

2 minutes ago, mz_066 said:

Sorry to hear that, I lost hope too, I was planing to visit my family too but IDK how long I need to wait for that.

Good luck though, and keep me updated. 

Same to you) will do!

My I 751 application is pending since 11/2017 and I will having my N400 interview 08/13/19.. Both applications were sent to NBC, hoping I will get a combo interview in Chicago. Any one in same issue?

Hello all!

I wonder how you guys handled the Driver License Renewal? Mine will be expired Jan 2020 but if by Jan my I 751 & N 400 are still pending, I wonder how I can persuade DMV to renew my DL? Notice of Action won't work I assume.  

Anyone has experience on this type of situation? Thanks in advance! 

1 hour ago, mz_066 said:

I'm wondering if anyone has to wait till the end of 120 days? Also they didn't send anything by this time, what should happen?

I've seen threads on different website including here that people had waited even longer than 120 days. and we can take an action after 90 days. after 120 days though you can go to court i believe. Some people did out of processing time service request, some did an info pass appointment. It looks like the latter helps and people see movement in about 2 weeks after going. The question is when is the right time to do that? My local office isnt close to me so i would do info pass as a last resort, since I hate driving in French quarter of New Orleans... the customer service rep told me they would inquire on the case to the officer only after 90 days. so in reality its a waiting game unfortunately. Most people get approved shortly after and get their oath scheduled. and some unfortunate like us. I heard name change can add to that though i didnt need it and im still here. 

1 hour ago, ukrainian said:

I've seen threads on different website including here that people had waited even longer than 120 days. and we can take an action after 90 days. after 120 days though you can go to court i believe. Some people did out of processing time service request, some did an info pass appointment. It looks like the latter helps and people see movement in about 2 weeks after going. The question is when is the right time to do that? My local office isnt close to me so i would do info pass as a last resort, since I hate driving in French quarter of New Orleans... the customer service rep told me they would inquire on the case to the officer only after 90 days. so in reality its a waiting game unfortunately. Most people get approved shortly after and get their oath scheduled. and some unfortunate like us. I heard name change can add to that though i didnt need it and im still here. 

OMG, unfortunately in my local office there is no Infopass anymore.

9 minutes ago, drmo said:

You need to call USCIS and ask for an info pass appointment. They get your information and will call you back to make an appointment. 

They said wait for 120 days. nothing you can do rightnow, sucks 

On 7/15/2019 at 5:30 PM, dilip said:

Except few cases, most of the cases were approved both i-751 and N-400.  If your I-751 has a lot of solid evidence and N-400 with no complication, then filing N-400 online is a good idea to cut down total time to be citizen.  See my timeline.  I am done with USCIS.

My I-751 petition was pretty solid (I think anyway!). I've given it some thought and, based on the majority of opinions, I've decided to file my N-400 as soon as I'm eligible, on Aug 28. I've already filled everything out online - it was amazingly simple to follow along.  Tax returns attached, marriage certificate and a smattering of other evidence (proof of joint checking account, a benefits summary showing we're both on my health insurance from work, a few months' bank statements and utility bills, proof that my spouse is named as the beneficiary for my life insurance policy and proof of some future travel plans we have coming up later on this year).

I hope that's sufficient. I did not explain that I have a pending I-751 petition but I did include copies of the I-797 for it.

RoC Journey
09-04-2018 - I-751 packet sent to CSC
10-22-2018 - NOA1 date
10-31-2018 - Received NOA1 letter, LPR status extended to May 2020

07-09-2019 - Received biometrics appointment letter

07-10-2019 - Case updated again as 'Fingerprint Review Was Completed'

11-07-2019 - Case transferred to 'local' office in Lee's Summit, MO

03-05-2020 - notified that I-751 is now at the San Jose field office

10-23-2020 - attended combo I-751/N-400 interview - N-400 recommended for approval!

06-15-2021 - I-751 is approved! :)

Citizenship Journey

08-28-2019 - N-400 filed online

08-28-2019 - NOA1 and priority date (case estimate April 2020)

09-17-2019 - Biometrics appointment attended - case updated online as review complete

09-18-2019 - Case is being actively review by USCIS at the NBC

02-03-2020 - Case scheduled for interview on Super Tuesday!

02-19-2020 - USCIS cancels interview. :(

03-04-2020 - USCIS reschedules interview for 04/13/2020

03-19-2020 - USCIS cancels interview. :(
09-23-2020 - USCIS reschedules interview for 10/23/2020

10-23-2020 - attended combo I-751/N-400 interview - N-400 recommended for approval!

06-15-2021 - N-400 is approved! :)

07-10-2021 - Oath Ceremony at the San Jose field office. Now a US citizen! 🇺🇸

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, bariki said:

My I-751 petition was pretty solid (I think anyway!). I've given it some thought and, based on the majority of opinions, I've decided to file my N-400 as soon as I'm eligible, on Aug 28. I've already filled everything out online - it was amazingly simple to follow along.  Tax returns attached, marriage certificate and a smattering of other evidence (proof of joint checking account, a benefits summary showing we're both on my health insurance from work, a few months' bank statements and utility bills, proof that my spouse is named as the beneficiary for my life insurance policy and proof of some future travel plans we have coming up later on this year).

I hope that's sufficient. I did not explain that I have a pending I-751 petition but I did include copies of the I-797 for it.

You might  get a transfer notice that your I-751 now in NBC and that would be  a good sign, then you can expect that NBC will send both application to your local center when your N-400 is ready for an interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.