2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Niger
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ukrainian said:

Thanks! About a week after the interview it arrived in mail. 

Good!!!did u get updated online abt the i751?after the interview?I got just transferred to Lee's submit Missouri 2days after the interview 

4 minutes ago, maestro said:

Good!!!did u get updated online abt the i751?after the interview?I got just transferred to Lee's submit Missouri 2days after the interview 

Yes , i was notified by a message first and then by email that they took an action on my case

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I wanted to Thank you @Bill & Katya for their input regarding an earlier question I had regarding the Interview notice.  I just wanted to update that I did end up receiving the original a few days later in the mail.  Just wanted confirm that the content is same on the online version - So, now I am not too worried about the Oath letter.

I was going through the letter and for the section that lists the items you need to bring to Interview:

If applying for NATURALIZATION AS THE SPOUSE of a United States Citizen:

•Your marriage certificate.
•Proof of death or divorce for each prior marriage of yourself or spouse.
•Your spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship.

If copies of a document were submitted as evidence with your N400 application, the originals of those documents should be brought to the interview.

I did provide all the items listed above (wherever applicable) but, I wanted to check with you folks that If I do need to take my spouse' Original naturalization Certificate?  Since my 751 was already approved so, its not a requirement for her to accompany me.   So I was thinking if I were to take her Original naturalization certificate - Do I need a letter from her authorizing me to take her certificate along, is this lawful to carry her documents while she is not present there. 

Timeline

i have a question regarding my combo interview which is on aug 20. do the officers check ur social media either before or during your combo interview or has anybody heard about anything like this. i just dont want them to go through my personal and private matters.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Yemen
Timeline
2 hours ago, ma140 said:

Hey everyone

I am scheduled for my N-400 interview (and I have pending I-751) but I don't know if I have to bring my spouse to the interview? It does't say anywhere on the letter I got. My wife needs to be out of state on that date! Do you have any idea?

You could call and ask. I suppose if they need to do an interview for your I-751 they will just have to reschedule that interview (not your N-400) for another date.

We figured my wife's interview would be a combo interview, so I went with her. But the officer didn't really care to talk to me at all (I waited in the waiting area the whole time). So it's possible that they won't need to talk to your wife at all.

Timeline
6 hours ago, ma140 said:

Hey everyone

I am scheduled for my N-400 interview (and I have pending I-751) but I don't know if I have to bring my spouse to the interview? It does't say anywhere on the letter I got. My wife needs to be out of state on that date! Do you have any idea?

There isn't a case where they will write on your N-400 letter that you have to bring your spouse along - However, there have been very few cases where the applicants actually received a letter from IO whose handling the case informing applicant specifically that they will have a Combo interview in which case its obvious to bring your spouse along.  You can always try calling but, in my opinion you wouldnt get a definitive answer.  Best and safest bet is to take your spouse along - this way you won't risk a chance for RFE or having to  go back again for 751, in either case which would add to your timeline.

- Good Luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, J1991 said:

i have a question regarding my combo interview which is on aug 20. do the officers check ur social media either before or during your combo interview or has anybody heard about anything like this. i just dont want them to go through my personal and private matters.

haha this sounds funny ... (sorry I don't mean to be funny) ... the unfortunate thing is that the moment you decided filed a any case with USCIS for immigration benefits, then your personal and private matters is their business ... they can choose to go through anything to get their info for decision making and ask you questions that are so personal such as, how many kids do you plan to have, what's your spouse's favorite music, etc.

I'm sure not all of likes people getting into our personal business but it's unfortunate that it's not our call on this one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Yemen
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:22 AM, J1991 said:

My wife's citizenship interview wasn't a combo one, but for that interview and for the AOS interview three years ago we left our phones in the car. They did not during either interview look through our social media. I obviously don't know if they did so in the course of working our cases though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
On 8/2/2019 at 8:22 AM, J1991 said:

U do realize this is a public forum and all your posts can be correlated to your application and used against you, right? No one wants to have their personal info shared but this is not about you. This is about the US govt screening each application for fraud and if you have something to hide, posting on here sure wasn't the best decision. 

I heard of someone out here getting traced by USCIS over some questionable comments and was approached by some authorities. FYI USCIS is well aware of visajourney, ***removed*** and other similar forums. 

To answer your question though they don't need your phone to search thru your social media and your activity online. When I went for my initial interview they did ask to see my phone and went thru my Facebook. But if there was anything alarming I think you would have gotten a visit already, not by USCIS though. So now that this has come out, id recommend cleaning your phone before you go but I doubt they would check your phone.

5 minutes ago, Livkev said:

Congrats and good luck!

Do you mind share your timeline? 

I-751 was filed July 2018, finger print May 2019

I file N-400 May 2nd, 2019, (took advantage of 90 days period. full 3 years in US is at the end of July 2019), finger print also May 2019.

Hopeful for combo interview and done with this.

Edited by BaconBait

9 minutes ago, BaconBait said:

I-751 was filed July 2018, finger print May 2019

I file N-400 May 2nd, 2019, (took advantage of 90 days period. full 3 years in US is at the end of July 2019), finger print also May 2019.

Hopeful for combo interview and done with this.

Remember to bring you spouse to the interview. 

All the best! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.