2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Yemen
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Livkev said:

Good point. Thank you. 

Yeah. My wife got her N-400 interview notice first, then a few days later got a letter informing her of the transfer of her I-751. We didn't call to verify that it would be a combo interview because we thought the transfer notice meant it would be. So she went to her interview and the officer says her file hasn't been worked on. Others have said that their officer wasn't trained on I-751 or that they hadn't even received the file from the other office (with or without a transfer letter being sent to the immigrant). It's really just a mess and hopefully everyone on here will be done with USCIS sooner than later.

41 minutes ago, fascinating123 said:

Yeah. My wife got her N-400 interview notice first, then a few days later got a letter informing her of the transfer of her I-751. We didn't call to verify that it would be a combo interview because we thought the transfer notice meant it would be. So she went to her interview and the officer says her file hasn't been worked on. Others have said that their officer wasn't trained on I-751 or that they hadn't even received the file from the other office (with or without a transfer letter being sent to the immigrant). It's really just a mess and hopefully everyone on here will be done with USCIS sooner than later.

I hope the same for everyone here. Funny thing is, I got bio-metric waived in mail in March this year for I-751, then got scheduled for bio-metric appt. in June this year for I-751, I went. And after filing N-400 online guess what? I got bio-metric appt. again in August... I'll go of course. smh. 

Hello everyone! I wanted to share an interesting development in my case today. 

I'm scheduled for the N-400 interview on August 14th. My I-751 has been pending since May 1st, 2018. I kept wondering whether I would have a combo interview or not. Today, I received an email from USCIS with a letter (as an attachment) from a field officer. The letter stated that my I-751 and N-400 will be adjudicated together, and that I must bring my spouse with me.

I'm relieved to know that both cases will be processed together, and now I can better prepare for the interview! Not sure if this is standard practice as I have not heard of other people getting this type of email.

2016 AOS from F1
3/21: package received by USCIS

3/29: email/text NOAs

4/1: hard copy NOAs

4/8: bio appointment letter

4/18: biometrics completed

5/11: status update, "ready to be scheduled for interview"

6/3: submitted service request for EAD
6/18: submitted online change of address (AR-11)

6/20: service request response, "your case is currently under review"

6/21: interview scheduled for July 26 (online update)

6/23: hard copy interview notice

6/24: EAD/AP approved, "new card ordered"
6/28: EAD mailed to me
6/30: EAD/AP card delivered
7/26: interview APPROVED!
7/26: new card ordered

7/28: card mailed

8/1: permanent resident card received in mailbox! : )

ROC window opens: 4/26/2018

On 7/30/2019 at 7:25 AM, Livkev said:

Good morning all. Some updates from me... (nothing exciting tho)

I-751 filed in late June 2018

N-400 filed in early July 2019

Yesterday received transfer notice (in mail & online) that my I-751 has just been transferred to NBC.

Should I be having some hopes or no? I assume my 751 got transferred because I filed N-400. From what I researched / read online, after transferring it is either approvals or nothing change at all... 

Any thoughts?  

When people use the term "NBC" does it mean the office in Nebraska, or National Benefits Center in Lee Summit, MO?

My case was actually transferred to Lee Summit, MO... Any difference? 🤨

Timeline

My wife got notice today that both her I-751 and her N-400 were approved. Just waiting to schedule the oath ceremony. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Niger
Timeline
1 hour ago, fascinating123 said:

My wife got notice today that both her I-751 and her N-400 were approved. Just waiting to schedule the oath ceremony. 

How long from the interview?

Timeline
Just now, fascinating123 said:

Her N-400 interview was on the 25th. 

Same as mine too..mine was combo interviews, split me and my wife.did you guys got combo too?my local office is Indianapolis how abt u?did you get transferred i751 after the N400 interview?also did u guys got updated online?

Timeline
59 minutes ago, maestro said:

Same as mine too..mine was combo interviews, split me and my wife.did you guys got combo too?my local office is Indianapolis how abt u?did you get transferred i751 after the N400 interview?also did u guys got updated online?

Our office was Washington DC. No interview for I-751. In fact the officer said he hadn't reviewed her file prior to her N-400 interview. Didn't even understand why it hadn't been approved yet. We got updated online. 

Timeline
Just now, fascinating123 said:

Our office was Washington DC. No interview for I-751. In fact the officer said he hadn't reviewed her file prior to her N-400 interview. Didn't even understand why it hadn't been approved yet. We got updated online. 

Oh okk congratulations happy for you guys. I'm still waiting, it will be a week tomorrow from my interview..thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, Livkev said:

When people use the term "NBC" does it mean the office in Nebraska, or National Benefits Center in Lee Summit, MO?

My case was actually transferred to Lee Summit, MO... Any difference? 🤨

NBC is the office in Lee Summit.  Nebraska is abbreviated with LIN in case numbers.

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Hey, everyone. I had my citizenship interview a little over 3 weeks ago. It was a combo interview actually. I already received my 10 year green card. But to this day no update on n 400. Still on interview was scheduled. I wrote a letter to an officer who interviewed me but so far no response. Has anyone had similar issue and what can be done. I have travel plans in the beginning of fall and now it looks like i will not be able to make it...

Timeline
1 minute ago, ukrainian said:

Hey, everyone. I had my citizenship interview a little over 3 weeks ago. It was a combo interview actually. I already received my 10 year green card. But to this day no update on n 400. Still on interview was scheduled. I wrote a letter to an officer who interviewed me but so far no response. Has anyone had similar issue and what can be done. I have travel plans in the beginning of fall and now it looks like i will not be able to make it...

Congratulations for ur green card, I don't have answer fr yr question, but I would like to ask u questions too,how long u received yr 10yr green card after the interview,???I got combo interview to a week ago,still didn't receive my 10yrs green card, and the IO told me he approved both and I should get 10yr green card..thanks

2 minutes ago, maestro said:

Congratulations for ur green card, I don't have answer fr yr question, but I would like to ask u questions too,how long u received yr 10yr green card after the interview,???I got combo interview to a week ago,still didn't receive my 10yrs green card, and the IO told me he approved both and I should get 10yr green card..thanks

Thanks! About a week after the interview it arrived in mail. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.