2,950 posts in this topic

On 7/25/2019 at 3:35 PM, drmo said:

Yeah, that's what we're thinking we gonna do but there are lots of lots of complications ... by letter you mean interview letter? or oath letter? 

I meant just in general, any unfinished USCIS business you can stay and receive them while your wife works. It would really suck to have to give up a job!

11 hours ago, dilip said:

You will be okay, they will send both I-751 and N-400 file together to your local office.  Go with spouse for N-400 interview.  In my case, I never received any transfer notice and no movement of I-751, but local office received it with N-400 ( interview June 28) and both are approved on July 3, 2019, Oath July 15

Congrats!! that must feel awesome to be done :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
41 minutes ago, kc2177 said:

Congrats!! that must feel awesome to be done :)

Quite a relief.  You will have the same feeling soon.  Got my passport on July 24.  Once , it will roll, it will be fast.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
On 7/26/2019 at 9:05 PM, dilip said:

Quite a relief.  You will have the same feeling soon.  Got my passport on July 24.  Once , it will roll, it will be fast.

@dilip how can u get your passport so soon? I thought you applied on the 12th? So that was less than 2 weeks not including shipping. Did you expedite the application?

Congrats on passport. Did you also apply for passport card?

Dave

Timeline
5 minutes ago, David1987 said:

@dilip how can u get your passport so soon? I thought you applied on the 12th? So that was less than 2 weeks not including shipping. Did you expedite the application?

Dave

My oath was July 15, 2019 and applied on the same day at Philly post office.  Expedited ( $60) and got on July 24 and passport card  ($30)came July 26.  Waiting for NC to come back.  Applied renunciation of Indian passport, expected to get next week and will then apply for OCI, which I am expecting to get by the end of August.  Would like to finish with the process as quickly as possible.

Did you apply for your passport.  Apply passport card, it will come handy to keep in the wallet and for domestic travel

Edited by dilip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, dilip said:

Did you apply for your passport.  Apply passport card, it will come handy to keep in the wallet and for domestic travel

Interesting way to look at it.  I always viewed the passport card as fairly useless because it didn't apply to 98% of my travel, but in this day and age, it's a useful way to prove your citizenship status that you can carry around.

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Timeline
45 minutes ago, AstroCanada said:

Interesting way to look at it.  I always viewed the passport card as fairly useless because it didn't apply to 98% of my travel, but in this day and age, it's a useful way to prove your citizenship status that you can carry around.

As you said in this day and age, it is good idea  to carry evidence of citizenship and passport card comes handy.  Also , we need real ID  ( in PA from October 2020) to use to fly domestically and to enter into the federal building.  My diver licence will not expire until Oct 2021, so thought that if I get passport card, I do not have to renew in October 2020.

https://www.pa.gov/guides/real-id-pennsylvania/ 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
23 hours ago, David1987 said:

Dave

My wife had her passport in 3 days after her oath.  If you apply in person at a passport agency (not the post office) you can even get one while you wait if you pay enough and have immediate travel plans.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
23 hours ago, dilip said:

My oath was July 15, 2019 and applied on the same day at Philly post office.  Expedited ( $60) and got on July 24 and passport card  ($30)came July 26.  Waiting for NC to come back.  Applied renunciation of Indian passport, expected to get next week and will then apply for OCI, which I am expecting to get by the end of August.  Would like to finish with the process as quickly as possible.

As far as I know, passport card is only good for Mexico, Canada, Carribean and Bermuda when it comes to international traveling. I have that too.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
23 hours ago, dilip said:

Hmm, I wonder if something was changed from last year.  When my wife applied at the Detroit Passport Agency within 30 days of her oath, they did not keep the NC, but made a copy of it and had a supervisor approve the copy.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

23 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Hmm, I wonder if something was changed from last year.  When my wife applied at the Detroit Passport Agency within 30 days of her oath, they did not keep the NC, but made a copy of it and had a supervisor approve the copy.

Correct if you apply within 30 days at the passport agency they dont keep it, the post office is a different story...

@Zombie69 I do a lot of domestic travel - flying almost once every two weeks so I applied for the passport card, just for the sake of another form of ID i can use in case something happens to my drivers license .

Congrats and dont forget to go to the SSA office to update your records there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
54 minutes ago, ProudlyConfused said:

Correct if you apply within 30 days at the passport agency they dont keep it, the post office is a different story...

@Zombie69 I do a lot of domestic travel - flying almost once every two weeks so I applied for the passport card, just for the sake of another form of ID i can use in case something happens to my drivers license .

Congrats and dont forget to go to the SSA office to update your records there.

Thank you. Yes, you are right. California in 2020 requires everyone to have a federal ID to travel domestically, but passport ID can be used instead of that too. Thanks, I have already updated my info right after I was sworn in.

Good morning all. Some updates from me... (nothing exciting tho)

I-751 filed in late June 2018

N-400 filed in early July 2019

Yesterday received transfer notice (in mail & online) that my I-751 has just been transferred to NBC.

Should I be having some hopes or no? I assume my 751 got transferred because I filed N-400. From what I researched / read online, after transferring it is either approvals or nothing change at all... 

Any thoughts?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Yemen
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Livkev said:

Good morning all. Some updates from me... (nothing exciting tho)

I-751 filed in late June 2018

N-400 filed in early July 2019

Yesterday received transfer notice (in mail & online) that my I-751 has just been transferred to NBC.

Should I be having some hopes or no? I assume my 751 got transferred because I filed N-400. From what I researched / read online, after transferring it is either approvals or nothing change at all... 

Any thoughts?  

I wouldn't bank on anything until you get an interview notice for your N-400. At that point maybe call and clarify if that interview will be a combo interview or not. Otherwise no one knows if it'll be an approval or just waiting some more. There doesn't appear to be any consistency at USCIS.

12 minutes ago, fascinating123 said:

I wouldn't bank on anything until you get an interview notice for your N-400. At that point maybe call and clarify if that interview will be a combo interview or not. Otherwise no one knows if it'll be an approval or just waiting some more. There doesn't appear to be any consistency at USCIS.

Good point. Thank you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.