2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 7/16/2019 at 4:06 PM, drmo said:

Thanks, that sounds working! I agree it wouldn't hurt to try. I am still waiting for the interview scheduled notice! :D It says 1 day left remaining waiting time, hopefully by tomorrow something updates! 

I'm in San Fernando Valley, CA

Any updates from USCIS? I'm curious 🤣

21 minutes ago, MK108 said:

Any updates from USCIS? I'm curious 🤣

Lol! I was actually going to write an update but haven't been feeling motivated :( So the count down now has turned to "your case is taking longer than expected ... " bs ... So no interview scheduled yet, sadly.

Thanks for following up! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
8 minutes ago, drmo said:

Lol! I was actually going to write an update but haven't been feeling motivated :( So the count down now has turned to "your case is taking longer than expected ... " bs ... So no interview scheduled yet, sadly.

Thanks for following up! 

Noooo! I'm so sorry 💔

I'm praying you for you to hear from them sooner than later.

I'm writing a long entry about by interview experience, stay tuned ;)

Hey guys,

I filed ROC in Feb 2018 and then filed for N400 online in May 2019. At first the online time estimate was at 12 months, and then I checked it a few days later and it was at 10 months. Then at the beginning of this month (July), It was at 8 months, but today it bumped down to 6 months. does anyone have any insight on how accurate these estimated processing times are on the online application site?

Edited by kc2177

On 7/12/2019 at 10:48 AM, dilip said:

Yes , regular mail and sometimes old process works.

Hello Dilip,

I really appreciate your help and advises, I'm sorry if i'm asking too much.

I'm about to write a letter to the officer who interview me. My questions is: What should I say, just ask about the status of the case, or should I attach the documents he was asking about during the interview, which is W2 and proof of rent payments.

Thanks.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I'm planning to apply for n-400 next month (3 yrs of marriage to usa citizen).. Can some one help what documents are required to be uploaded with the applications?

and also are these documents need to be uploaded while submitting online application or it needs to be mailed out?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

12 minutes ago, Goldfish123 said:

I'm planning to apply for n-400 next month (3 yrs of marriage to usa citizen).. Can some one help what documents are required to be uploaded with the applications?

and also are these documents need to be uploaded while submitting online application or it needs to be mailed out?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I applied online.

- open USCIS online account, because you need it to apply for N400.

- Prepare your documents as .pdf or .jpeg, put them in one folder on your computer and name them accordingly, for easiest access and upload. 

No need to mail anything, online submit online. Payment is also done online in the end of the application. You can pause application , and enter it for updates for 30 days, before final click on “submit” button😃

You can find check list of needed documents on USCIS web-site. Very easy. 

-green card

-extension letter (in case you don’t have green card from I-751)

- marriage certificate (in case of previous marriages of both spouses, proof of divorce etc) 

- birth certificate of children 

- US passport copy / birth certificate/ or certification of naturalization of US spouse (petitioner)

- proofs of marriage with your both names on it (lease, house mortgage, insurances, joint bank accounts)

- tax documents from the beginning of the marriage 

- some  photos (I added same from I-751 and new ones also)

- bank statements (I submitted few from each year since the beginning of marriage) 

Maybe I forgot something but you will find it on USCIS check list for N400.

when you finish, you will find your case in a form to print out for you want. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Nayda said:

I applied online.

- Prepare your documents as .pdf or .jpeg, put them in one folder on your computer and name them accordingly, for easiest access and upload. 

No need to mail anything, online submit online. Payment is also done online in the end of the application. You can pause application , and enter it for updates for 30 days, before final click on “submit” button😃

-green card

- marriage certificate (in case of previous marriages of both spouses, proof of divorce etc) 

- US passport copy / birth certificate/ or certification of naturalization of US spouse (petitioner)

- proofs of marriage with your both names on it (lease, house mortgage, insurances, joint bank accounts)

- bank statements (I submitted few from each year since the beginning of marriage) 

Thank you for your prompt response..

All needs documents needs to be uploaded as additional evidences ?

Just now, Goldfish123 said:

Thank you for your prompt response..

All needs documents needs to be uploaded as additional evidences ?

You are welcome! 

As you are filling the application online, step by step (after each answer, you have to click “next”), and it asks you for the proofs. That’s how you attach any needed document. In the end you can add whatever you thing it is necessary as “additional” documents.

Timeline
Just now, Nayda said:

You are welcome! 

As you are filling the application online, step by step (after each answer, you have to click “next”), and it asks you for the proofs. That’s how you attach any needed document. In the end you can add whatever you thing it is necessary as “additional” documents.

Thanks.. 

One more question: how did u upload for bank statements? all in one pdf? are there any size restrictions?

45 minutes ago, Goldfish123 said:

Thanks.. 

One more question: how did u upload for bank statements? all in one pdf? are there any size restrictions?

45 minutes ago, Goldfish123 said:

Thanks.. 

I upload one by one, like “August 2016”, then second one “October 2017”, etc. I can’t remember exactly, I think it is 4GB per upload. Some of the photos didn’t upload, regardless the smaller size. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nayda said:

I upload one by one, like “August 2016”, then second one “October 2017”, etc. I can’t remember exactly, I think it is 4GB per upload. Some of the photos didn’t upload, regardless the smaller size. 

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Goldfish123 said:

Thanks.

No need to upload bank statements, just add joint tax transcripts for three years  No need to add photo. Take those during interview, if IO officer ask those.  Since you submitted all those during I-751 and your marriage is still standing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:53 PM, Nayda said:

I applied online.

-green card

Most of these documents are only required for the interview, so while I agree with gathering them when filing the N400, there is no actual requirement to attach them to the file (although USCIS says you may attach them). 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.