2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Nov 2017 ( ROC, VSC EAC 18061XXXX) pending, Nov 2018 N-400.  Went for interview June 28, 2019 ( Philadelphia), Passed N-400, but decision can't be made at this time, since I-751 is pending.  Asked about the status of I-751, IO refused to say anything about it.  Said will review your case and update the status.  So not clear the outcome. No discussion about I-751 during interview.  Only N-400 interview.

Edited by dilip

1 hour ago, dilip said:

Nov 2017 ( ROC, VSC EAC 18061XXXX) pending, Nov 2018 N-400.  Went for interview June 28, 2019 ( Philadelphia), Passed N-400, but decision can't be made at this time, since I-751 is pending.  Asked about the status of I-751, IO refused to say anything about it.  Said will review your case and update the status.  So not clear the outcome. No discussion about I-751 during interview.  Only N-400 interview.

If it stays pending for more than 2 months from the date of interview - schedule an infopass.

2 hours ago, et19 said:

Ah no, I had to wait for a few months after.

Curious how long it takes for N-400 to get approved after approved I-751

Oh, really, 

So did you get any respond or not at all. When was your interview?

I had my interview 2 days ago, so I shouldn't expect something soon!!!!!

1 hour ago, dilip said:

He should give you N-652, what's in there, just marked on decision can't be made?

I almost have the same situation last Wednesday June 26, but he said will mail me N-14 for more documents. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, mz_066 said:

He should give you N-652, what's in there, just marked on decision can't be made?

I almost have the same situation last Wednesday June 26, but he said will mail me N-14 for more documents. 

yes, I got N-652. Marked passed all test and marked decision can be made

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
33 minutes ago, mj751 said:

Does the A number on green card remain the same after renewal ?

It should not change. And then it goes in your citizenship certificate at some point.

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
33 minutes ago, mj751 said:

Does the A number on green card remain the same after renewal ?

Yes. Your A number stays your number and is unique to you.

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

5 hours ago, dilip said:

Yay for passing the test but grrrrr for it not being a combo interview. Hopefully they move quickly and your file doesn't drop of the radar into the USCIS blackhole. I have my interview in July (Philadelphia) so presumably it will be the same for me. I will provide an update.

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

Hello guys,

Can anyone advise what to do?

I have attended my N-400 interview at Los Angeles office while I had my I-751 pending. The officer said everything was fine but the I-751 has to be approved prior to scheduling the oath ceremony. My I-751 got approved 2.5 months after but I haven't heard anything about my N-400. 

I submitted an inquiry for out of processing time after 120 days of the interview (As the form N-652 says)and they got back to me in less than a week saying it's still under processing and I can reach out to them again if I don't receive any response within 90 days. (Now I need to wait another 90 days before I can submit another inquiry?!)

I have read through few topics here and a lot of people say by law, they have to give me a decision within 120 days and now I'm passed 150 days after my N-400 interview.

I even tried to send a letter with the officer attention letting her know that my I-751got approved but that didn't help either (I sent this letter right after I got the approval notice for I-751)

I'm really sick of waiting and wanted to see if anyone had a similar situation with Los Angeles office...

Thanks in advance!

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ausa said:

Yay for passing the test but grrrrr for it not being a combo interview. Hopefully they move quickly and your file doesn't drop of the radar into the USCIS blackhole. I have my interview in July (Philadelphia) so presumably it will be the same for me. I will provide an update.

The IO office refused to talk about I-751 and only did N-400 interview.  Other IO officers might be different, my IO officer was not friendly and did not allow me to say anything except answers of his questions.

Timeline
On 6/14/2019 at 2:49 PM, David1987 said:

I did an inquiry for the i751 for out of processing window and they sent me a response 35 days later saying both n400 and i751 were going to be adjucated together. But then again, that's a generic statement from USCIS when u do an inquiry. Even with that an office at your local office can turn you down and send you home if u turn up for n400 interview with pending ROC. I'm philly based and I know that ppl in my boat got adjucated together.

That is not the case for me.  Only N-400 interview, no I-751 and IO officer did not ask any new documents and did not say anything about I-751, when  I mentioned about no  I-751 approval yet,  he said  that he was aware of it.  So passed N-400, but no decision.  However, each case is different and also each IO officer is different.  Best of luck with you upcoming interview and make sure to update your outcome

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
27 minutes ago, dilip said:

That is not the case for me.  Only N-400 interview, no I-751 and IO officer did not ask any new documents and did not say anything about I-751, when  I mentioned about no  I-751 approval yet,  he said  that he was aware of it.  So passed N-400, but no decision.  However, each case is different and also each IO officer is different.  Best of luck with you upcoming interview and make sure to update your outcome

Man I am sorry to hear that. Does that mean you gonna have to go for yet another interview for i751? It doesn't make sense to do n400 without i751.

Why test someone for Citizenship if they have doubts about your marriage?

Do they not have your i751 application in hand? Is he not qualified enough to make that call and needs a more senior member to approve?

I hope this is it for you and don't have to go back again for i751.

Did you bring your spouse?

Well because this is Philly office and my interview is literally a week apart from yours, there is a high chance my outcome won't be much different than yours. True, I did get a response saying that they would be adjucated together but that was generic statement from USCIS and you would have gotten the same response back had you actually heard from them. 

I'm pretty sure when I go and mention pending i751 and provide the response about both being adjucated together, they gonna deflect it. 

Oh well congratulations on passing citizenship ship test regardless. At this point there's nothing to be concerned with since I doubt they'd let u go through with n400 if they thought there was anything wrong or needed more evidence. 

@dilip can you please detail the whole experience, as in what time u got there, how long u had to wait, what they asked you, what documents you brought and what docs they asked, how long it took, how was the interviewer....

Mine is in about a week and I'll definitely post on here about my experience. Please keep us posted about any update on your application or mails. 

Thank you so much for sharing!

And congrats again!

Go for a walk on Kelly drive in this beautiful gharmi weather :) "I'm Desi too"

Dave

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
15 hours ago, Ausa said:

Awesome !! Mine too is in early July in Philly as well. I'll keep an eye on your posts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.