2,950 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, francais_usa said:

So is the consensus just to show up at the N400 interview and hope that they adjudicate both? We still have I751 pending since last year with no updates/transfers/RFEs. Just wondering if I need to call someone

at your N400 interview they will interview both of you. at least that's what happened to me. so bring your spouse with lots of supporting evidence as if you are going to a i751 as well as n400. goodluck dear

1 hour ago, francais_usa said:

So is the consensus just to show up to N400 interview and hope that they adjudicate both? We just got notified we have an N400 interview, but our ROC is still pending with no updates/no transfers/no RFE since May 2018. I'm just wondering if I need to call the office or do anything extra

Find my later posts and read them, maybe you can find some inspiration 😂 I am in similar situation. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

How long on average does an agent take to respond to a service request?

Because my I-751 is pending and my N-400 interview is scheduled for May 6, I decided to submit a SR for an update about my I-751, but I was told an agent would get back to me no later than May 7 (a day after the interview, lol!)

Is the response automated, or is there a chance I'll get an update before May 6???

50 minutes ago, LeoFromBR said:

Because my I-751 is pending and my N-400 interview is scheduled for May 6, I decided to submit a SR for an update about my I-751, but I was told an agent would get back to me no later than May 7 (a day after the interview, lol!)

Is the response automated, or is there a chance I'll get an update before May 6???

Hi, I got a reply about my inquiry 9 days after submission. The first reply they sent had an estimated reply date of May 2 and my interview is on the 30th of April. 😊 Hope that helps.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, gomez02 said:

Hi, I got a reply about my inquiry 9 days after submission. The first reply they sent had an estimated reply date of May 2 and my interview is on the 30th of April. 😊 Hope that helps.

Gives me hope, thank you. Did you make the submission over the phone or online?

9 days is not bad. Does that include weekends or just work days?

Curious to know everyone's experience.

10 minutes ago, LeoFromBR said:

Gives me hope, thank you. Did you make the submission over the phone or online?

9 days is not bad. Does that include weekends or just work days?

Curious to know everyone's experience.

I did the submission online. 9 days including weekends. 😊 and yea it wasnt so bad. 

2 hours ago, LeoFromBR said:

I’m not sure what you mean by service request. I filed for N400 online and I have had pending I751,. Interview on May 9th. After calling them, I sent inquiry from USCIS, and they responded within two days. They avoided to tell me anything about I751, telling me only it is within processing time.

then I used myUSCIS account’s inbox and sent them again the inquiry, they called me and replied back to inbox after two days. “Most likely the cases are together” was the answer.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Dzenana said:

I’m not sure what you mean by service request. I filed for N400 online and I have had pending I751,. Interview on May 9th. After calling them, I sent inquiry from USCIS, and they responded within two days. They avoided to tell me anything about I751, telling me only it is within processing time.

then I used myUSCIS account’s inbox and sent them again the inquiry, they called me and replied back to inbox after two days. “Most likely the cases are together” was the answer.

Maybe I've been using the wrong terminology. But yeah, I an "inquiry" is what I was talking about. I feel like just a month or two ago, my case was also "within processing time" which is annoying because they don't tell you anything, but I understand their situation. 

I have a myUSCIS account, but I have not used this "inbox" feature. How does that work? Two days is pretty fast!!

3 hours ago, LeoFromBR said:

Maybe I've been using the wrong terminology. But yeah, I an "inquiry" is what I was talking about. I feel like just a month or two ago, my case was also "within processing time" which is annoying because they don't tell you anything, but I understand their situation. 

I have a myUSCIS account, but I have not used this "inbox" feature. How does that work? Two days is pretty fast!!

So, when you are logged in for myUscis, there is inbox. I simply opened it and it has “new message”. Now, it gave me only option for asking about N400 (default subject line, as this is only online submitted case), but I used it anyway telling them I have interview for N400, but pending I751, and that I haven’t had any update about it since the day I filed, and if it would be processed on the same day of the N400 interview. They called me, then replied to inbox.  

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Dzenana said:

So, when you are logged in for myUscis, there is inbox. I simply opened it and it has “new message”. Now, it gave me only option for asking about N400 (default subject line, as this is only online submitted case), but I used it anyway telling them I have interview for N400, but pending I751, and that I haven’t had any update about it since the day I filed, and if it would be processed on the same day of the N400 interview. They called me, then replied to inbox.  

Nice, nice. Thank you. I looked into it and saw the exact situation you are referring to. Thanks, I will reach out to them.

I need some advice - our N400 interview was scheduled and the notice was supposed to be in our mail yesterday; however, we never received it and spoke to our mailperson about not getting it (informed delivery showed it was going to be delivered yesterday).  Normally I wouldn't care because you can just go to the N400 documents tab to see it, but that system hasn't been working for the past couple days.  We spoke to a tier 1 officer yesterday on the phone, and they said they couldn't see that system either and to just wait.  It's frustrating because we don't know when the interview is, and my husband travels for work, so it's important to know in advance...any advice?

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
☑I-129F Sent : 03-10-15
☑NOA1 : 03-20-15
☑NOA2 : 04-07-15
☑Received NOA2 hardcopy: 04-11-15
NVC received: 04-24-15
NVC Assigns Case #: 04-27-15
☑Case sent to embassy: 05-04-15
☑Embassy Packet 3 sent: 05-19-15
☑Medical: 07-03-15 and 09-07-15 (did two medicals to ensure fiance had enough time to get to U.S.)
☑Interview: 07-30-15
☑Visa Issued: 09-22-15!!!! [:thumbs:]

K1 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!
--------------------------------------------------------

POE TO GREEN CARD

Fiance arrived in USA (POE @ Boston Logan)!!!: 01-31-2016 :D
Court Marriage: 02-04-16
Sent AOS, EAD, AP Packet: 02-25-16 :dance:

Packet Delivered via USPS Priority & Certified: 02-27-16

Check cashed by USCIS: 03-03-16

NOA1's by text (x3): 03-03-16

NOA1 Hardcopies via Mail (x3): 03-07-16

Biometric Appt. Letter Received: 03-18-16 (scheduled for 03/31/16, Raleigh, NC)

Biometrics Appointment: 03-31-16; Raleigh, NC

☑"My Interview is Scheduled" Status Change: 04-12-16

Received hardcopy of Interview Notice: 04-16-16

EAD/AP Approval by Email: 04-26-16

I797 Approval Notice for EAD and AP: 04-30-16

Green Card Interview: 05-18-16; (APPROVED ON THE SPOT!) :D

I797 Approval Notice for Green Card: 05-23-16

Conditional Green Card Received!: 05-26-16 :dancing:

GC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

ROC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

"120 days out" letter: 01-24-18 ☑ Submitted ROC: 03-10-18 ☑ Package delivered: 03-14-18 ☑ Waived Biometrics: 05-08-18 ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 05-07-19 (automatic approval!) Card Received:

N400 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

Filing Date: 03/16/2019 NOA1: 03/16/2019 Biometrics Walk-In: 03/28/19 (originally scheduled for 04/08/19) ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 04/18/19 (automatic approval!) Oath Ceremony: 07/17/19

20 hours ago, francais_usa said:

I need some advice - our N400 interview was scheduled and the notice was supposed to be in our mail yesterday; however, we never received it and spoke to our mailperson about not getting it (informed delivery showed it was going to be delivered yesterday).  Normally I wouldn't care because you can just go to the N400 documents tab to see it, but that system hasn't been working for the past couple days.  We spoke to a tier 1 officer yesterday on the phone, and they said they couldn't see that system either and to just wait.  It's frustrating because we don't know when the interview is, and my husband travels for work, so it's important to know in advance...any advice?

yes, if you go to the case status website https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do you will be submit a case inquiry (bottom of the page). They will then re-send you the letter.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

June 2015 got married

AOS
September 10, 2015 mailed the AOS package
September 18, 2015 package received, checks cashed

October 15, 2015 biometrics appointment done
October 21, 2015 case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

November 14, 2015 EAD/AP Combo card is in production

November 21, 2015 EAD/AP card received

April 26, 2016 interview, card approved e-mail

June 10, 2016 card in hand

ROC

February 7, 2018 mailed the ROC package

February 12, 2018 NOA1

February 7, 2019 Case transferred to a local office to schedule an interview

May 8th, 2019 interview, card approved e-mail

Naturalization

January 29, 2019 submitted N-400 online

January 29, 2019 NOA1

February 21, 2019 biometrics appointment done

May 8th 2019 interview, case approved e-mail

You guys, I submitted a message on myuscis website asking about whether my i751 will be adjudicated at the same time yesterday, today i received a call from (646)8220457 stating they were from USCIS and wanted to give me a response to that, however they wanted my DOB and address first. I am a bit paranoid so I said "no" please respond in writing, they said "no", we are just going to mark here that you refused to give us info. It was them most likely after reading the posts on here and now I don't get to find out what happens during my interview lol. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

June 2015 got married

AOS
September 10, 2015 mailed the AOS package
September 18, 2015 package received, checks cashed

October 15, 2015 biometrics appointment done
October 21, 2015 case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

November 14, 2015 EAD/AP Combo card is in production

November 21, 2015 EAD/AP card received

April 26, 2016 interview, card approved e-mail

June 10, 2016 card in hand

ROC

February 7, 2018 mailed the ROC package

February 12, 2018 NOA1

February 7, 2019 Case transferred to a local office to schedule an interview

May 8th, 2019 interview, card approved e-mail

Naturalization

January 29, 2019 submitted N-400 online

January 29, 2019 NOA1

February 21, 2019 biometrics appointment done

May 8th 2019 interview, case approved e-mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sharing my recent Combo Interview experience. 

First of all, when I got my interview letter it was just for I751 and nothing was mentioned about  N400. I have tried to contact Tier 2 officer multiple times but never got call back. I even sent an online inquiry but did not get a reply.

I went for an interview with my wife and our baby. It was a very short interview and the officer told us that your baby trumps everything. Officer was very nice. Once he said that I751 been accepted, he asked me if I would like to do N400 interview as well. I was like yes please. lol

It started with 6 questions, Reading a line and writing a line followed by yes-no questions. 

An officer explained to me everything about the next step and that's all. 

Biggest thanks to VJ members which made this whole process very successful. 

I wish everyone best luck in their process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 4/27/2019 at 2:04 PM, hsp_1221 said:

Sharing my recent Combo Interview experience. 

First of all, when I got my interview letter it was just for I751 and nothing was mentioned about  N400. I have tried to contact Tier 2 officer multiple times but never got call back. I even sent an online inquiry but did not get a reply.

I went for an interview with my wife and our baby. It was a very short interview and the officer told us that your baby trumps everything. Officer was very nice. Once he said that I751 been accepted, he asked me if I would like to do N400 interview as well. I was like yes please. lol

It started with 6 questions, Reading a line and writing a line followed by yes-no questions. 

An officer explained to me everything about the next step and that's all. 

Biggest thanks to VJ members which made this whole process very successful. 

I wish everyone best luck in their process.

Smooth and successful, congratulations.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.