2,950 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I've just talked to Tier 2 supervisor USCIS. She told me that both cases ( N-400 and I-751) will be resolved at the same time. But I am so confused with her answer because IDK what does " at the same time " mean? How long do I have to wait until it will be processed? The I-751 is currently outside normal processing time. It's been 20 months already. 

Which information is used to determine when the cases will be adjudicated " at the same time "?

Has anyone ever had any experience like mine before?

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, VietLu said:

Hi everyone, I've just talked to Tier 2 supervisor USCIS. She told me that both cases ( N-400 and I-751) will be resolved at the same time. But I am so confused with her answer because IDK what does " at the same time " mean? How long do I have to wait until it will be processed? The I-751 is currently outside normal processing time. It's been 20 months already. 

Which information is used to determine when the cases will be adjudicated " at the same time "?

thanks

Because the i751 is likely being sent to your local office and they will do a combo interview. Hence being adjudicated at the same time. 

CR-1 Timeline - 255 Days

USCIS - 81 Days

07/31/15: I-130 Mailed
08/06/15: NOA1 -- California Service Center
10/26/15: NOA2

NVC - 61 Days

11/05/15: NVC Received Case
11/25/15: Completed DS-261
11/28/15: Paid AOS Fee
11/30/15: DS-261 Reviewed Over Phone
12/02/15: Paid IV Fee
12/04/15: DS-260 Completed
12/04/15: Scan Date
01/05/16: Case Complete

CANADA

02/25/16: Interview - APPROVED!!!
03/07/16: Visa in hand

03/29/18: POE @ YVR

Removal of Conditions - 630 Days

Spoiler

01/16/18: I-751 Delivered

01/19/18: NOA1 -- Vermont Service Center

02/27/18: Biometrics

07/03/19: Case Transferred to NBC

09/26/19: Congressional Inquiry sent to USCIS

10/07/19: Received call from USCIS - Combo Interview scheduled for 10/08/19

10/08/19: I-751 & N-400 Interview -- APPROVED

Naturalization - 267 Days

Spoiler

02/01/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/01/19: NOA1

02/20/19: Biometrics

07/03/19: Interview Interview Cancelled - Haven't received I751

10/25/19: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

My wife, son and I just got back from USCIS for my wife's I751 and N400 interview. Previously her original interview date for N400 was on Feb 15.  However since her I 751 was pending they had to close the N400 interview. They told us they will  notify us within 90 days to reschedule an I 751 and N400 interview,  We got a letter around mid March that the I 751 interview will be conducted on April 15 but no indication of N400 interview.  At the end of March USCIS called and told my wife about the combo i751 and N400 interview.  They emailed us the letter for the I 751 and n400 interview which was indicated to be an hour apart. We receive at least 6 letters from USCIS indicating cancellation of N400 on Feb 15 as well as the new dates for I 751 and N400 interview.     We arrived at 9 am and the USCIS office was already crowded.  Her interview was at 9:30.  It took 20 minutes to finish security check . We were so stressed out thinking we might be late for the interview .  Thank God the line for the person directing where to go was short. .  By 9:23 we were at the main room where other people waited for interview or window appointment. We waited for 10-15 min before we were called by a very nice and friendly female officer.  My son who is 2 years old was a bit noisy coz he was getting bored of waiting.  I was worried that I might have to take him out of the building. The officer led us to her office.  The officer was  acomodating knowing how toddlers can be noisy and easily distracted.  At first she conducted the I 751 interview . My wife and I was sworn in. She asked us if we have any additional evidences we want to present.  I told her we have a photo  album if she wants to look at it.  She browsed the album and asked who some of the people in the album., where was the pictures taken.  She also asked us about our recent trips.  Then I asked her if she needs additional evidences.  She said this should be enough at this time.  She went to her computer and she told my wife she is approving her I 751.  In the meantime my wife asked the officer if she could breast feed my son who was getting hungry at this time.  She said sure go ahead.  Took less than 10 minutes for the I 751 interview.  At this time I was thinking that we have to wait for 10:30 AM for the N400 interview.  But she was the same officer who conducted the N400. right after the I 751.  I thought she would send me and my son out of the room while she conducted the interview . She told me it is ok to stay.  I carried my son while she went  on with the N400 portion of my wife's interview.  She asked 6 questions :

1. Why did the colonist fought the British?

2. Give two rights of people  living in the US?

3. Who is the current speaker of the house?

4. Name 3 original colonies?

5. Name one right of a  US citizen?

6. Name two legal US holidays?

She also had my wife read on the IPAD : Where is the White House?

then she said to my wife to write : The White House is in Washington DC

Then she went over the N400 form. Had my wife sign that she is pledging allegiance to the US.  The officer then proceeded to congratulate my wife. She handed us a letter stating she passed the quiz and written part of the citizenship interview.  Also she marked that my wife N400 has been recommended for approval. Now awaiting final approval and notification for oath taking. The only thing that was kind of a bummer was that my wife cannot use her married name since they had to follow what was written on the Marriage certificate which is her maiden name.  We got married in New Jersey and they did not use my last name as her last name but her maiden name instead .  So now we have to go to a court to change her name.  It is a law in Santa Clara county per the officer that they dont allow name changes except via the courts.  But still we are glad and thankful to our creator that this part of our lives is done.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, VietLu said:

thanks

Most likely when you are doing your 400 interview, you and your spouse might be called in for 751 interview, and you will do the 400 interview alone. Another possible scenario is you will do the 400 interview, and they might send you home and tell you they will adjudicate your 751. Either way, by the time you are doing your 400 interview, whether they make a decision that day or not, you won't be far away from the finishing line. I would not listen to any tier 2 officers, my experience with them is that none of what they told me was true, lol. It all depends on the officer at the interview, good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, geff44 said:

Hello all,

My wife, son and I just got back from USCIS for my wife's I751 and N400 interview. Previously her original interview date for N400 was on Feb 15.  However since her I 751 was pending they had to close the N400 interview. They told us they will  notify us within 90 days to reschedule an I 751 and N400 interview,  We got a letter around mid March that the I 751 interview will be conducted on April 15 but no indication of N400 interview.  At the end of March USCIS called and told my wife about the combo i751 and N400 interview.  They emailed us the letter for the I 751 and n400 interview which was indicated to be an hour apart. We receive at least 6 letters from USCIS indicating cancellation of N400 on Feb 15 as well as the new dates for I 751 and N400 interview.     We arrived at 9 am and the USCIS office was already crowded.  Her interview was at 9:30.  It took 20 minutes to finish security check . We were so stressed out thinking we might be late for the interview .  Thank God the line for the person directing where to go was short. .  By 9:23 we were at the main room where other people waited for interview or window appointment. We waited for 10-15 min before we were called by a very nice and friendly female officer.  My son who is 2 years old was a bit noisy coz he was getting bored of waiting.  I was worried that I might have to take him out of the building. The officer led us to her office.  The officer was  acomodating knowing how toddlers can be noisy and easily distracted.  At first she conducted the I 751 interview . My wife and I was sworn in. She asked us if we have any additional evidences we want to present.  I told her we have a photo  album if she wants to look at it.  She browsed the album and asked who some of the people in the album., where was the pictures taken.  She also asked us about our recent trips.  Then I asked her if she needs additional evidences.  She said this should be enough at this time.  She went to her computer and she told my wife she is approving her I 751.  In the meantime my wife asked the officer if she could breast feed my son who was getting hungry at this time.  She said sure go ahead.  Took less than 10 minutes for the I 751 interview.  At this time I was thinking that we have to wait for 10:30 AM for the N400 interview.  But she was the same officer who conducted the N400. right after the I 751.  I thought she would send me and my son out of the room while she conducted the interview . She told me it is ok to stay.  I carried my son while she went  on with the N400 portion of my wife's interview.  She asked 6 questions :

Then she went over the N400 form. Had my wife sign that she is pledging allegiance to the US.  The officer then proceeded to congratulate my wife. She handed us a letter stating she passed the quiz and written part of the citizenship interview.  Also she marked that my wife N400 has been recommended for approval. Now awaiting final approval and notification for oath taking. The only thing that was kind of a bummer was that my wife cannot use her married name since they had to follow what was written on the Marriage certificate which is her maiden name.  We got married in New Jersey and they did not use my last name as her last name but her maiden name instead .  So now we have to go to a court to change her name.  It is a law in Santa Clara county per the officer that they dont allow name changes except via the courts.  But still we are glad and thankful to our creator that this part of our lives is done.

Congratulations!!!!!

7 hours ago, geff44 said:

Hello all,

Congratulations! 

I can’t believe what other evidence they asked for, and you have your own child at the interview with you. That’s insane. 

23 hours ago, geff44 said:

Hello all,

Congrats!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

N400/I751 Combo interview.

Date and time = April 17, 2019, 7:45 AM

Arrived at the Immigration at 7:40 AM. Got the finger print and picture taken at 7:50.

Senior IO Adam Gallaher: Called me 7:55. Told me just I is fine and my wife can stay out. He said he is going for N400 paper work, and test. Confirmed my place of residence, kids and their name and few more question from the N400 Application. Passed 6 question and read and write. He then said he is going to approve and schedule oath ceremony. He told me he is not going to interview for I751 because he said you have kids together and I don’t see any issues approving the I751. He asked me if I have any dates not good for oath ceremony. I said June 6th is not good as I have my kid’s school appointment, then he ask me for oath ceremony  for May 02 and I said yes and he gave me the paper work for Oath ceremony and said good luck.  End of time 8:20AM

Total time: 40 min  

On 4/16/2019 at 3:03 PM, cococandy said:

These seem to be pretty complicated. Where there multiple choice answers?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, implife said:

These seem to be pretty complicated. Where there multiple choice answers?

Some answers have multiple correct answers yes. You have to give them though..

ie, for the name 3 original colonies, you can give them any of the 3. 

CR-1 Timeline - 255 Days

USCIS - 81 Days

NVC - 61 Days

CANADA

Spoiler

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, morgan.croft said:

Some answers have multiple correct answers yes. You have to give them though..

ie, for the name 3 original colonies, you can give them any of the 3. 

These are pretty difficult for verbal questions. Who the hell knows original colonies? Or who cares who was the President during WWI? (another quiz question).

Edited by implife

Timeline
4 minutes ago, implife said:

These are pretty difficult for verbal questions. Who the hell knows original colonies? Or who cares who was the President during WWI? (another quiz question).

Lol well, it’s pretty easy to memorize all the answers to the questions. You also get a study guide with the answers. So I would say probably most people find them pretty easy now after practicing ;) 

CR-1 Timeline - 255 Days

USCIS - 81 Days

NVC - 61 Days

CANADA

Spoiler

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.