2,950 posts in this topic

Just now, holidaywkhcx said:

bio for N400 ? it was done on 1/3/2019 and that's when i 751 was transferred as per the officer

The next thing you should be getting is an interview, whether it's gonna be a combo or not will depend either on your IO handling your case or your local office.

I didn't get a notification that my case was transferred until after about 2 months after my biometrics.  All the best. 

5 minutes ago, Johnny/Theresa said:

The next thing you should be getting is an interview, whether it's gonna be a combo or not will depend either on your IO handling your case or your local office.

I didn't get a notification that my case was transferred until after about 2 months after my biometrics.  All the best. 

thank you very much for the info. I wish you all the best

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:07 PM, Ambassador87 said:

yes it was a combined interview with i751 and n400 together, i got a noticed like a week before my interview notifying me it will be a combo interview. The interview was pretty easy and the interviewer went through my paperwork and all that fun stuff and approved my i751 before telling my wife to leave for me to take the N400 test. 

Q1 if the president and vice president can longer serve who become the president?

Q2 how many justices do we have in the supreme court?

Q3 name one branch of government?

Q4 when is the last day we send our federal income tax?

Q5 name one state that border canada?

Q6 the political party of the president?

After that we went to written test where he told me to write "We Pay Taxes"

lastly reading test and i passed everything. I was seating in his office when i got text message alert that my both cases has been approved.

Hello , How did you know that you will have a combo interview ?

Has any combo filers failed the civics test and but passed the ROC interview?

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, corvusheart said:

Has any combo filers failed the civics test and but passed the ROC interview?

Huh? did people actually do fail the civics test? I'm curious to see responses on this though

1 hour ago, mymercy said:

Huh? did people actually do fail the civics test? I'm curious to see responses on this though

apparently yes. My hairdresser's father failed his test (not sure if it was reading/writing portion) or civics. 20 years later he is still here. I think you get at least another chance if you fail the exam

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

June 2015 got married

AOS
September 10, 2015 mailed the AOS package
September 18, 2015 package received, checks cashed

October 15, 2015 biometrics appointment done
October 21, 2015 case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

November 14, 2015 EAD/AP Combo card is in production

November 21, 2015 EAD/AP card received

April 26, 2016 interview, card approved e-mail

June 10, 2016 card in hand

ROC

February 7, 2018 mailed the ROC package

February 12, 2018 NOA1

February 7, 2019 Case transferred to a local office to schedule an interview

May 8th, 2019 interview, card approved e-mail

Naturalization

January 29, 2019 submitted N-400 online

January 29, 2019 NOA1

February 21, 2019 biometrics appointment done

May 8th 2019 interview, case approved e-mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, mymercy said:

Supposedly less than 50% of birthright citizens are capable of passing the test.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

A nurse of mine failed it twice and had to refile. She failed the civics. Some people are just bad at tests. Hubby has been studying everyday for weeks and he still struggles with a lot of the questions.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

48 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

There's no obligation to become a citizen, one can stay a permanent resident forever. 

People with disability can also request accommodation for the test.

If someone has autism does that count?

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

18 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

If someone has autism does that count?

It can, if his autism is disabling him.  

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/requesting-accommodations-disabilities

You might want to reach with your local (state or city) center for accessibility/disability to see if they can offer assistance on what you are allowed to request and how your husband should request it. 

5 hours ago, corvusheart said:

A nurse of mine failed it twice and had to refile. She failed the civics. Some people are just bad at tests. Hubby has been studying everyday for weeks and he still struggles with a lot of the questions.

Make him watch the national news broadcast every day, and at least one Sunday cable news show each week. He'll pick up 60-70% of the content just like that.

5 hours ago, afrocraft said:

Make him watch the national news broadcast every day, and at least one Sunday cable news show each week. He'll pick up 60-70% of the content just like that.

The questions he struggles with mostly are anything to do with numbers. How many years do we elect so and so? How many members in the senate? Etc.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

1 minute ago, corvusheart said:

The questions he struggles with mostly are anything to do with numbers. How many years do we elect so and so? How many members in the senate? Etc.

He'll learn those from the news as well. Like now: Congress is about to challenge Trump's emergency declaration, and it's all a numbers game, especially in the Senate. And there's already talk of 2020, when all 435 House members are up for re-election. And if you're with him when he watches the programs, you can prompt a discussion/argument as the shows go on...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.