2,950 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ramus_maximus said:

We had combo interview back in June 2018, I know it not recent but go with your spouse and any additional documents. Our IO took civics test so saved us a trip, I read few comments that they were asked to wait or reschedule. Hopefully your IO is able to clear I-751 first and move forward with N-400 process. 

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone in this visa journey for your amazing contributions and sharing your experiences. I had my N-400 and I-751 combo interview today at detroit Michigan and it was a success. After the interview, both cases was approved and as soon as we left the building, i got confirmation texts that My N-400 was approved and I'm placed in line for oath ceremony and my I-751 says new card being produced. I can't believe this journey is almost over.

The IO said I would get an oath letter before 3 weeks. For other people going through this process, just have patience and faith.

We filed my wife's i751 Nov 2017.  Filed n400 Sept 2018.  Got an interview scheduled Jan 22 2019, but moved in December so her case got transferred to Philadelphia.  Now we are in limbo, and can't get her dl transferred because the extension letter for the green card expires in 4 months.  I'm seeing how hard it is for folks to get an infopass appointment, and getting kinda worried with everyone's experiences on here with both together 😮

I filed the I751 on 12/7/2017 and N400 on 12/8/2018. I have not received any update since April 2018 case was transferred to local office. I've known people getting combo interview for N400 & I751 so I called USCIS today and spoke with a tire 2 officer. She told me that my i751 was transferred to NYC filed office on 01/16/2019 which is one month after I filed N400. Does it mean that I am getting combo interview ? Many people filed N400 with I751 pending and their cases were sent to NBC for combo interview. I'm not sure whether sending to local filed office will be as same as sending to NBC... Any advice will be highly appreciated..

5 hours ago, holidaywkhcx said:

I filed the I751 on 12/7/2017 and N400 on 12/8/2018. I have not received any update since April 2018 case was transferred to local office. I've known people getting combo interview for N400 & I751 so I called USCIS today and spoke with a tire 2 officer. She told me that my i751 was transferred to NYC filed office on 01/16/2019 which is one month after I filed N400. Does it mean that I am getting combo interview ? Many people filed N400 with I751 pending and their cases were sent to NBC for combo interview. I'm not sure whether sending to local filed office will be as same as sending to NBC... Any advice will be highly appreciated..

Probably a combo interview, can't be too sure though because cases and local offices vary but after i filed my N-400, my file was transferred to NBC lee summit and i also got a mail stating that. Could be the reason why i had a combo interview. If your file was sent to NBC, you should get a mail stating that and probably a combo interview later. Good luck on yours. 

20 hours ago, stp314 said:

We filed my wife's i751 Nov 2017.  Filed n400 Sept 2018.  Got an interview scheduled Jan 22 2019, but moved in December so her case got transferred to Philadelphia.  Now we are in limbo, and can't get her dl transferred because the extension letter for the green card expires in 4 months.  I'm seeing how hard it is for folks to get an infopass appointment, and getting kinda worried with everyone's experiences on here with both together 😮

This is the major reason why I didn't want to move whilst my case was still pending. Transferring your case/file to another state can make your processing time longer. I wish you all the best.

11 minutes ago, Johnny/Theresa said:

Probably a combo interview, can't be too sure though because cases and local offices vary but after i filed my N-400, my file was transferred to NBC lee summit and i also got a mail stating that. Could be the reason why i had a combo interview. If your file was sent to NBC, you should get a mail stating that and probably a combo interview later. Good luck on yours. 

Thank you for your post. I actually called the USCIS to speak with a tire 2 officer, she told me that my i751 was transferred to NBC on 1/6/2019 instead of local office in NY. But I have never received a mail from USCIS regarding the transfer..

Hi Everyone, another combo filer here . I filed for ROC in February 2018 and for naturalization in January 2019. I have received the four following notifications and am a bit confused about them

1. "Case was transferred to schedule an interview" (2/7) - the letter that I got in the mail that accompanied the notice stated that the case was transferred to NBC in Lee Summit.

2. "Case was received at my local office" (2/7)  - however my local office is nowhere near Lee Summit, it is in fact in Spokane, WA

3. "Case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction" (2/8) - this and the next one are saying they sent me a notice explaining why they moved the case, however USPS is not feeling well with all the snow recently. 

4. "Case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction" (2/8)

Anyway, if you received something similar or have a guess about what is going on I will be interested to read it. I read on this thread that some had a combo interview after their case was transferred to NBC, however I guess my concern is mostly about the wording of "case was received at my local office".

Thanks!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

June 2015 got married

AOS
September 10, 2015 mailed the AOS package
September 18, 2015 package received, checks cashed

October 15, 2015 biometrics appointment done
October 21, 2015 case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

November 14, 2015 EAD/AP Combo card is in production

November 21, 2015 EAD/AP card received

April 26, 2016 interview, card approved e-mail

June 10, 2016 card in hand

ROC

February 7, 2018 mailed the ROC package

February 12, 2018 NOA1

February 7, 2019 Case transferred to a local office to schedule an interview

May 8th, 2019 interview, card approved e-mail

Naturalization

January 29, 2019 submitted N-400 online

January 29, 2019 NOA1

February 21, 2019 biometrics appointment done

May 8th 2019 interview, case approved e-mail

8 hours ago, Slowloris said:

Hi Everyone, another combo filer here . I filed for ROC in February 2018 and for naturalization in January 2019. I have received the four following notifications and am a bit confused about them

1. "Case was transferred to schedule an interview" (2/7) - the letter that I got in the mail that accompanied the notice stated that the case was transferred to NBC in Lee Summit.

2. "Case was received at my local office" (2/7)  - however my local office is nowhere near Lee Summit, it is in fact in Spokane, WA

3. "Case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction" (2/8) - this and the next one are saying they sent me a notice explaining why they moved the case, however USPS is not feeling well with all the snow recently. 

4. "Case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction" (2/8)

Anyway, if you received something similar or have a guess about what is going on I will be interested to read it. I read on this thread that some had a combo interview after their case was transferred to NBC, however I guess my concern is mostly about the wording of "case was received at my local office".

Thanks!

It's probably a combo. I received the same info and had a combo interview. Good luck

On 2/13/2019 at 5:58 PM, holidaywkhcx said:

Thank you for your post. I actually called the USCIS to speak with a tire 2 officer, she told me that my i751 was transferred to NBC on 1/6/2019 instead of local office in NY. But I have never received a mail from USCIS regarding the transfer..

Did you get a notification like case was transferred and new office has jurisdiction?

3 minutes ago, Johnny/Theresa said:

Did you get a notification like case was transferred and new office has jurisdiction?

the only update I have is case was.received at local office on April 2018. I spoke with two different tire 2 officers and both told me the same that case was. transferred to NBC on Jan 2019. I just want to be sure that the given info is correct so.I called USCIS twice

5 minutes ago, holidaywkhcx said:

the only update I have is case was.received at local office on April 2018. I spoke with two different tire 2 officers and both told me the same that case was. transferred to NBC on Jan 2019. I just want to be sure that the given info is correct so.I called USCIS twice

If your case was actually transferred to NBC, it should say case transferred on your USCIS account and you won't be able to know where it got transferred to until you receive the mail where it's gonna says NBC Lee summit, not sure if all of them say that but mine did. Just have patience and things will work out, don't stress it. I am guessing you have had your biometrics done, right?

3 minutes ago, Johnny/Theresa said:

If your case was actually transferred to NBC, it should say case transferred on your USCIS account and you won't be able to know where it got transferred to until you receive the mail where it's gonna says NBC Lee summit, not sure if all of them say that but mine did. Just have patience and things will work out, don't stress it. I am guessing you have had your biometrics done, right?

bio for N400 ? it was done on 1/3/2019 and that's when i 751 was transferred as per the officer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.