2,950 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, ramus_maximus said:

They refused to let me talk to anyone pas the check-in desk  without an appointment. They said starting Feb 18 they are making changes on how infopass appointments are made. After Feb 18th everyone has to call in and person on the phone will help with that. Hopefully this is true because I have not had any luck trying to talk to a live person in past month to the 1-800-375-5283 number. 

Customer service people are available, you just have to hit the right keys. You had problems connecting or the wait on for customer service is long? But that is true, infopass is now through the phone because they only want to schedule emergencies like stamps.

AOS i-130, i-485 & i-765 in New York (Queens field office)

12/29/2014 - Priority Date; receipt number starting with MSC

1/2/2015 - Fingerprint fee accepted

1/26/2015 - Case suspended - RFE sent out

2/3/2015 - Fingerprint done at Jamaica Center, Queens

2/11/2015 - RFE received - Case resumed

3/2/2015 - EAD ordered

3/13/2015- EAD card mailed out -- received it 3 days later

7/8/2015 - AOS interview ready to be scheduled for an interview

9/27/2015 - AOS Interview scheduled for Nov 3

11/3/2015 - AOS interview

12/11/2015 - APPROVED!!!

ROC (Vermont Service Center)

10/3/2017 - Sent out ROC package to VSC

10/6/2017 - Date on NOA (Received NOA on 10/16/2017)

11/6/2017 - Biometrics done

8/15/2018 - Extension letter for 18 months received

12/28/2018 - APPROVED! (No RFE, No Interview) 🤸‍♀️ 

1/7/2019 - GC delivered

N-400 (Queens field office)

1/22/2019 - N400 delivered to Dallas, TX.

1/25/2019 - Check cashed

2/12/2019 - Biometrics appt

8/26/2019 - Interview scheduled

10/3/2019 - Interview - APPROVED

10/30/2019 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 1/18/2019 at 4:13 PM, Mikey888 said:

I just received N400 Appointment letter in DHS website stating that my N400 interview is on February 26. It didn't say that it was a combo interview, so I guess its only N400 interview. My I-751 is still pending. I will go with the interview and see what happens.

Hey, 

I had my N400 interview while my I-751 is still pending and they did not take my N400 interview and informed me that my N400 will be reschedule once I-751 finished.

Timeline
On 1/18/2019 at 8:32 PM, KateDenver said:

Hey guys, 

I had my joined interview in Denver, CO yesterday . 

Here is details:

I arrived to the interview with my husband, there were not so many people in the lobby and officer called me just a 1-2 minutes later from the my scheduled appointment time. Even before we entered to the main door she told me that it will be joined interview for the two cases and asked if my husband is here. I said yes, and she told that she will conduct the N-400 interview first and then will invite my husband for I-751 review. I passed the test and she started to give me some questions connected our marriage: where do we live, how much is the rent, how many rooms, how we pay bills, how we met, even how we spent the Christmas holidays ... all the kind of questions that may proof that our marriage is faithful... then she asked some questions from the application form: if I ever was a part of any terrorist organization, communist party etc... then she moved to the I-751 case, I asked her if she wants to invite my husband now, she said no, but she also asked some questions connected to our marriage, collected all the bills, taxes, insurances for the last two years . At the end she gave me form saying that I passed the Citizenship test and I'm recommended for the Oath ceremony, also she said, she needs to approve my I-751 case first and then she will be able to move forward with N-400 and put me in line for the Oath. She promised she will approve I-751 by the end of the day. But I don't see any changes online yet.... 

Also I complained that this February will be 2 years since I filed I-751, she said that this kind of application is not in priority, and they are focusing on the citizenship applications, so it might be worth it to file N-400 , while waiting for i-751... 

Good luck to everybody!

Congratulations and Thank you for sharing. 

My situation is similar and I might be heading towards join interview but I dont have any update on my case. 

Where you been told that it will be join interview?

@hsp_1221

Hey, I just got the letter for N400 interview and it was not a word about joint interview.

But I still had 751 pending and thanks to the folks from Visa Journey, who shared their experience, I was 100% positive that both cases will be reviewed, so I took my husband with me

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have a question, plz help me out how to find DOS number if I entered to U.S with non-immigrant Visa, already. At present, I am ROC.

Thank you,

Timeline
23 hours ago, KateDenver said:

@hsp_1221

Hey, I just got the letter for N400 interview and it was not a word about joint interview.

But I still had 751 pending and thanks to the folks from Visa Journey, who shared their experience, I was 100% positive that both cases will be reviewed, so I took my husband with me

Thanks for sharing,

The reason I asked cause I had my N400 interview while my I 751 is pending but I did not take my wife with me and they did not ask if my wife was with me and interviewer refused to take my interview and said that since My I 751 is pending they won't be taking my interview and have to reschedule. 

So just wondering if they reschedule my N400 and if my I 751 is still pending, should I contact them prior and confirm if it is going to be joint interview. 

1 hour ago, hsp_1221 said:

Thanks for sharing,

The reason I asked cause I had my N400 interview while my I 751 is pending but I did not take my wife with me and they did not ask if my wife was with me and interviewer refused to take my interview and said that since My I 751 is pending they won't be taking my interview and have to reschedule. 

So just wondering if they reschedule my N400 and if my I 751 is still pending, should I contact them prior and confirm if it is going to be joint interview. 

I’m sorry to hear that😢

I see there are not standard rules for all the field offices. Each of them are doing whenever they want unfortunately... shortly after I applied for N400 my 751 was transferred to Lee Summit and what I learned from the other people here in this forum it might be a sign that I will have a joint interview, but again in my N400 interview letter it was not a word about 751, I just hoped and prayed that both cases will be reviewed...

Was your 751 transferred to Lee Summit?

When did you have your interview?

Did you enter to the office room or they just informed you upon arrival in the hallway that interview won’t be scheduled?

Did they tell you a timeline when you might be called for the another interview?

I think if I were you, I would be trying to call them, making Infopass, I heard that some people even contacted thesenators and, at least, they got some information...

I’m sorry about your situation but unfortunately I don’t know much...☹️

Timeline
3 hours ago, KateDenver said:

I’m sorry to hear that😢

I see there are not standard rules for all the field offices. Each of them are doing whenever they want unfortunately... shortly after I applied for N400 my 751 was transferred to Lee Summit and what I learned from the other people here in this forum it might be a sign that I will have a joint interview, but again in my N400 interview letter it was not a word about 751, I just hoped and prayed that both cases will be reviewed...

Was your 751 transferred to Lee Summit?

When did you have your interview?

Did you enter to the office room or they just informed you upon arrival in the hallway that interview won’t be scheduled?

Did they tell you a timeline when you might be called for the another interview?

I think if I were you, I would be trying to call them, making Infopass, I heard that some people even contacted thesenators and, at least, they got some information...

I’m sorry about your situation but unfortunately I don’t know much...☹️

Thank you.

My I 751 was transferred to NBC not sure where.

My N400 interview happened on December second week 2 and half months after I applied fro N400 (it was very quick)

Interviewer have asked me to come inside office room and explained in detail but did not say that when it will be re schedule.

Thanks for suggestion. I am going to try to call Immigration officer and see if I can get some update.

18 minutes ago, hsp_1221 said:

Thank you.

My I 751 was transferred to NBC not sure where.

My N400 interview happened on December second week 2 and half months after I applied fro N400 (it was very quick)

Interviewer have asked me to come inside office room and explained in detail but did not say that when it will be re schedule.

Thanks for suggestion. I am going to try to call Immigration officer and see if I can get some update.

NBC is a National Benefit Center, that located in Lee Summit

Maybe this is the reason that they called you super quickly and weren’t ready?!... Probably it was some glitch in the system... I remember, in better times, like 3 years ago, people waited around 1-3months for the interview to be scheduled...and here is a half a month... really something weird...

Do you have online account? if yes, it should tell you the current status and the estimated wait time...

And of course, try to give them a call and hopefully they will tell you more info...

Good luck!🙂

Timeline
5 hours ago, KateDenver said:

NBC is a National Benefit Center, that located in Lee Summit

Maybe this is the reason that they called you super quickly and weren’t ready?!... Probably it was some glitch in the system... I remember, in better times, like 3 years ago, people waited around 1-3months for the interview to be scheduled...and here is a half a month... really something weird...

Do you have online account? if yes, it should tell you the current status and the estimated wait time...

And of course, try to give them a call and hopefully they will tell you more info...

Good luck!🙂

Thanks, My online account is showing me old update and my old biometric date for some reason it does not display latest update. 

I am planning to give them call and find out more information. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
On 2/9/2019 at 11:55 AM, AlluringSoul said:

Customer service people are available, you just have to hit the right keys. You had problems connecting or the wait on for customer service is long? But that is true, infopass is now through the phone because they only want to schedule emergencies like stamps.

I have tried many times to talk to a real person in past month but same messages on a loop. I figured many people taking up infopass within normal processing times, that's why now they have go through phone screening. 

3 minutes ago, ramus_maximus said:

I have tried many times to talk to a real person in past month but same messages on a loop. I figured many people taking up infopass within normal processing times, that's why now they have go through phone screening. 

Yea, people would book infopasses and not show up. I always get to CS person without a problem, I think I press 3 to report "problem with my case" so that it actually connects to someone lol

AOS i-130, i-485 & i-765 in New York (Queens field office)

12/29/2014 - Priority Date; receipt number starting with MSC

1/2/2015 - Fingerprint fee accepted

1/26/2015 - Case suspended - RFE sent out

2/3/2015 - Fingerprint done at Jamaica Center, Queens

2/11/2015 - RFE received - Case resumed

3/2/2015 - EAD ordered

3/13/2015- EAD card mailed out -- received it 3 days later

7/8/2015 - AOS interview ready to be scheduled for an interview

9/27/2015 - AOS Interview scheduled for Nov 3

11/3/2015 - AOS interview

12/11/2015 - APPROVED!!!

ROC (Vermont Service Center)

10/3/2017 - Sent out ROC package to VSC

10/6/2017 - Date on NOA (Received NOA on 10/16/2017)

11/6/2017 - Biometrics done

8/15/2018 - Extension letter for 18 months received

12/28/2018 - APPROVED! (No RFE, No Interview) 🤸‍♀️ 

1/7/2019 - GC delivered

N-400 (Queens field office)

1/22/2019 - N400 delivered to Dallas, TX.

1/25/2019 - Check cashed

2/12/2019 - Biometrics appt

8/26/2019 - Interview scheduled

10/3/2019 - Interview - APPROVED

10/30/2019 - Oath

Timeline
6 minutes ago, AlluringSoul said:

Yea, people would book infopasses and not show up. I always get to CS person without a problem, I think I press 3 to report "problem with my case" so that it actually connects to someone lol

Thanks will try that and update.

Timeline
On 2/10/2019 at 8:13 AM, pearla said:

I’m looking to see if anyone recently had an N-400 & I-751 combo interview at Houston Local office? How was your experience like?

We had combo interview back in June 2018, I know it not recent but go with your spouse and any additional documents. Our IO took civics test so saved us a trip, I read few comments that they were asked to wait or reschedule. Hopefully your IO is able to clear I-751 first and move forward with N-400 process. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.