2,950 posts in this topic

My I-751 has been pending for a year. I filled n400 online last Wednesday January 09 night, and the next day NOA was available online, then on the 12th they scheduled biometrics. I printed out biometrics appointment and went to try walk in this morning to Chatsworth CA office. Everything went smoothly. The whole process took me 15 minutes. When I got out and checked my phone, I had a text and email saying my application is actively being reviewed. Now back to waiting game .

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
28 minutes ago, LizB0322 said:

My I-751 has been pending for a year. I filled n400 online last Wednesday January 09 night, and the next day NOA was available online, then on the 12th they scheduled biometrics. I printed out biometrics appointment and went to try walk in this morning to Chatsworth CA office. Everything went smoothly. The whole process took me 15 minutes. When I got out and checked my phone, I had a text and email saying my application is actively being reviewed. Now back to waiting game .

Wow this is awesome. 

Just an update from my N-400 interview yesterday. Sadly, it was NOT a combo interview and the officer told me right away at the beginning that due to the open I-751 he would not be able to issue a decision regardless of the substance of our conversation. But at least he did perform the full interview. 

He seemed to suggest that I shouldn't have even sent in a N-400 application, but when I said "Really, you are saying that's not allowed? I didn't realize that." he didn't actually state that it isn't allowed. So I don't know what to make of that. (I am doing all the filings by myself -- have never used a lawyer.) At the very end of the interview he divulged that he has requested my I-751 file, but didn't tell me from where even though I asked. I don't understand what the big secrecy about that is -- it was the same when I called the help line a couple of weeks ago and tried to find out. He did say it's not impossible to be called in for another interview if there are any questions when he gets the I-751. Ugh.

So now I am in this same limbo as before -- basically everything seems to be held up by the I-751 in my case. 

33 minutes ago, DeKi said:

Just an update from my N-400 interview yesterday. Sadly, it was NOT a combo interview and the officer told me right away at the beginning that due to the open I-751 he would not be able to issue a decision regardless of the substance of our conversation. But at least he did perform the full interview. 

He seemed to suggest that I shouldn't have even sent in a N-400 application, but when I said "Really, you are saying that's not allowed? I didn't realize that." he didn't actually state that it isn't allowed. So I don't know what to make of that. (I am doing all the filings by myself -- have never used a lawyer.) At the very end of the interview he divulged that he has requested my I-751 file, but didn't tell me from where even though I asked. I don't understand what the big secrecy about that is -- it was the same when I called the help line a couple of weeks ago and tried to find out. He did say it's not impossible to be called in for another interview if there are any questions when he gets the I-751. Ugh.

So now I am in this same limbo as before -- basically everything seems to be held up by the I-751 in my case. 

i also have N-400 interview next month and my I-751 is pending. My lawyer said if i dont get my I-751 approved before N-400 interview then, they might hold my oath. Keep you posted. 

I just received N400 Appointment letter in DHS website stating that my N400 interview is on February 26. It didn't say that it was a combo interview, so I guess its only N400 interview. My I-751 is still pending. I will go with the interview and see what happens.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - TIMELINE - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I-751

Oct. 16, 2017  - ROC packet sent to VSC.

Oct. 19, 2017  - ROC packet signed for in VSC.

Oct. 20, 2017  - NOA date on receipt.

Nov. 6, 2017    - NOA receipt arrived in the mail. Check cashed.

Nov. 27, 2017  - Biometrics appointment arrived in the mail.  

Dec. 6, 2017    - Biometrics completed. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

N400

Sept. 20, 2018 - Filed N400 online.

Sept. 21, 2018 - Got electronic receipt for N400/Biometrics were scheduled online.

Sept. 22, 2018 - Got Biometrics PDF schedule online/Paper receipt for N400 arrived in the mail. 

Oct. 12, 2018   - Biometrics appointment

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Service Center: VSC
First 5 Digits EAC 18033
NOA1 Date: Oct. 20, 2017
Filed N-400: Yes

Case Transferred: Yes, transferred to local office.

Approved?: Yes

If yes, did you have a RFE? Not yet.  On what date?:

If yes, did you have an interview? On what date?: February 26, 2019

6 minutes ago, Mikey888 said:

I just received N400 Appointment letter in DHS website stating that my N400 interview is on February 26. It didn't say that it was a combo interview, so I guess its only N400 interview. My I-751 is still pending. I will go with the interview and see what happens.

Congrats, but even though it doesn't mention abt combo, please make sure your spouse will accompany you, better be safe than sorry..... 

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, DeKi said:

that stinks, hopefully you hear from them soon

• 2 weeks later...

To update, my husband had his N-400 interview in Boston today.  His appointment was for the first thing in the morning so it was not crowded and they were running right on time.  I went with him just in case I was needed for the open I-751.  When he was called I went up with him but the CO said I was not needed.  My husbands interview was very short, he was gone maybe 5 minutes.  They confirmed a few of the questions, asked him to read and write a sentence, asked 6 civics questions (stopped at 6 as he got them right) and then said they had enough and would schedule the oath!  The CO said the I-751 will be adjudicated and he was all set.  The CO did mention that the oath ceremony is a bit delayed due to a backlog from the government shutdown.  All said and done, it went very smoothly!

On 1/14/2019 at 6:12 AM, hsp_1221 said:

They did not conduct my N400 interview. 

I have been informed that they will re schedule interview.

We are in the same boat! When I attended the interview on time, the officer canceled the interview. Did you ask when you will be rescheduled?

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys,

My interview is scheduled in Feb. The interview notice mentions to bring 'Your spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship.' My spouse doesn't have a naturalization certificate, or a certificate of citizenship. She does have a passport though. Is the passport enough?

Also, she sent her passport for renewal, you guys think a photocopy of her passport will suffice?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Today we were notified of the interview appointment for naturalization that would take place on Feb 28. Interestingly enough, the login online info still shows it might take until April 2019 as an estimate, so for our situation it was roughly a year for the notice in combination with the I-751. Of course, I don't know the status of the ROC for the I-751, so we're hoping that it's a combo interview without issues.

Edited by eweeks1970
for naturalization

On 1/18/2019 at 7:32 PM, KateDenver said:

Hey guys, 

I had my joined interview in Denver, CO yesterday . 

Here is details:

I arrived to the interview with my husband, there were not so many people in the lobby and officer called me just a 1-2 minutes later from the my scheduled appointment time. Even before we entered to the main door she told me that it will be joined interview for the two cases and asked if my husband is here. I said yes, and she told that she will conduct the N-400 interview first and then will invite my husband for I-751 review. I passed the test and she started to give me some questions connected our marriage: where do we live, how much is the rent, how many rooms, how we pay bills, how we met, even how we spent the Christmas holidays ... all the kind of questions that may proof that our marriage is faithful... then she asked some questions from the application form: if I ever was a part of any terrorist organization, communist party etc... then she moved to the I-751 case, I asked her if she wants to invite my husband now, she said no, but she also asked some questions connected to our marriage, collected all the bills, taxes, insurances for the last two years . At the end she gave me form saying that I passed the Citizenship test and I'm recommended for the Oath ceremony, also she said, she needs to approve my I-751 case first and then she will be able to move forward with N-400 and put me in line for the Oath. She promised she will approve I-751 by the end of the day. But I don't see any changes online yet.... 

Also I complained that this February will be 2 years since I filed I-751, she said that this kind of application is not in priority, and they are focusing on the citizenship applications, so it might be worth it to file N-400 , while waiting for i-751... 

Good luck to everybody!

Thank you for sharing! We are pending for 751 since January 2018 and have just submitted our N400 Application. How long did it take you between submitting application and interview?

Also, did you request for a joint interview? Or did they just do it because 751 was pending?

Asking because we'll be at the Denver office as well :)

Edited by edpa

AOS

1/14/2016 - Mailed I-485/130/131/765
1/15/2016 - USPS tracking confirmed delivery
1/21/2016 - Text message confirmations received
1/26/2016 - Physical mail receipts received for all 4
2/06/2016 - Biometric letter arrived for appt
2/19/2016 - Biometric appointment
2/29/2016 - Status updated on website: "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"
3/08/2016 - Interview is scheduled for April 8
4/02/2016 - I-765 status set to: New Card is Being Produced; I-131 status set to: Case Was Approved
4/06/2016 - I765 Card was Mailed
4/08/2016 - EAD/AP Combo Card received in the mail; Greencard Interview same day,
4/11/2016 - Online update - I485/I130 are APPROVED!
4/13/2016 - Welcome Letter received in the mail; update online shows Greencard has been mailed

4/18/2016 - GREENCARD ARRIVED!!!

Removal of Conditions

1/10/2018 - Mailed I-751 Next Day Service

1/11/2018 - Arrived to PO Box in Laguna Niguel

1/11/2018 - NOA Notice Date

1/18/2018 - NOA(Extension Letter) physically received in mail

N-400 Application (While I-751 is still Pending)

1/14/2019 - Applied for N400 Online

1/15/2019 - Received notice of acceptance via email

1/19/2019 - Online notice received that biometrics was scheduled

2/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment schedule and completed this day

2/05/2019 - Update on website that biometrics received and no information needed at this time

6/24/2019 - Online Update that Interview is Scheduled

6/26/2019 - Document available online - Interview scheduled for 7/29/2019

7/29/2019 - Interview.... approved!

8/24/2019 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.