2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am filling out online form N400. My question is this:

Do I need to upload a copy of my wife's (who is US Citizen) Birth Certificate? The online form doesn't require me to send it to them.

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I checked my wife's N-400 application today. Finally, I see her interview scheduled for Feb 15 2019 after waiting for about 8 months without any movement.  Our local USCIS office is in San Jose, California.  Her I-751 was recently transferred from CSC to NBC on Dec. 21 2018. Finally we are nearing the end of this agonizing journey.

Hi... I filed my 751 in October 3rd 2017 by 23 of October 2017 I was done with finger prints. I applied for N 400 in November 4th 2018 .. November 26, 2018  I was done with my finger print... January 11 2019 my n 400 status changed to schedule the interview... How come that quick?? I have Pittsburgh PA as my field office... Do I need to bring tax returns or tax transcripts... Please advise....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 1/9/2019 at 6:38 PM, Husbandandwife said:

Hello all, 

I just returned from the office. There is a mix of feelings. I still cant believe its almost over. 

The N400 interview was scheduled at 10:05am, My husband and I arrived there at 9:20am, there was a big line outside of the Los Angeles Federal building. We were just able to get in 9:55am. We checked in and awaited more than 2 hours to be called by the officer. 

The officer seemed new and inexperienced. He started with the 10 history and government questions. 

- One war in 1990s

- Who is the father of out country

- Who is the Chief Justice

- Who was the first President

- How many members has US House of Representative. 

- What month we vote for President

Then after all correct answers, he started the reading and writing test. 

He went over all the application confirming all the filled fields. Then yes or no questions. The supervisor got in the room to help the officer and requested me evidence of marriage that i gave the tax return last 3 years, phone bills with both names, SCE bill, Rent lease. He asked for pictures together and tickets proving travels together that I had. 

In the end of interview he said I passed on the tests but the decision couldn't be made because of the pending I751. My husband was outside on awaiting room but he wasn't allowed to join me in the interview as it wasn't a combo interview. (I751 +N400)

Even when I knew this could happen is kind of frustrating being waiting again an action from USCIS, but i am relieved the interview is done. Patience is the key. 

God is with us. I will keep you all updated regarding the next movements of my process. 

Thank you. 

Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

I had similar situation but I wish my interviewer would help me more. 

My I-751 is pending and I have been invited for N400 interview. When officer met me for an interview she said they wont be able to take my interview because my I751 is still pending. And I was back in waiting game.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
21 hours ago, Z@f said:

hsp_1221 did they conduct your interview for n-400?or they going to send you another notice for interview? 

They did not conduct my N400 interview. 

I have been informed that they will re schedule interview.

On 11/29/2018 at 7:57 PM, Ambassador87 said:

no problem, i will keep y'all posted

Thanks!

Thanks!

Hi, @Ambassador87 - I see you just updated your timeline. Congratulations on the approval!

If you have the chance, could you share more about your interview experience? I have mine tomorrow (1/17) and am most worried about the local office not having the I-751 application. In your case did you know in advance what the status of that was?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, DeKi said:

Hi, @Ambassador87 - I see you just updated your timeline. Congratulations on the approval!

If you have the chance, could you share more about your interview experience? I have mine tomorrow (1/17) and am most worried about the local office not having the I-751 application. In your case did you know in advance what the status of that was?

yes it was a combined interview with i751 and n400 together, i got a noticed like a week before my interview notifying me it will be a combo interview. The interview was pretty easy and the interviewer went through my paperwork and all that fun stuff and approved my i751 before telling my wife to leave for me to take the N400 test. 

Q1 if the president and vice president can longer serve who become the president?

Q2 how many justices do we have in the supreme court?

Q3 name one branch of government?

Q4 when is the last day we send our federal income tax?

Q5 name one state that border canada?

Q6 the political party of the president?

After that we went to written test where he told me to write "We Pay Taxes"

lastly reading test and i passed everything. I was seating in his office when i got text message alert that my both cases has been approved.

1 hour ago, Ambassador87 said:

yes it was a combined interview with i751 and n400 together, i got a noticed like a week before my interview notifying me it will be a combo interview. The interview was pretty easy and the interviewer went through my paperwork and all that fun stuff and approved my i751 before telling my wife to leave for me to take the N400 test. 

Q1 if the president and vice president can longer serve who become the president?

lastly reading test and i passed everything. I was seating in his office when i got text message alert that my both cases has been approved.

Thanks for sharing. I am worried about the combo aspect -- I haven't received any information about my I-751. It's interesting you did. 

And congratulations again!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, Ambassador87 said:

Congrats bro ... I can't wait to get off this process especially when my local office have 22 months processing times :(

On 1/13/2019 at 7:51 AM, hsp_1221 said:

Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

I had similar situation but I wish my interviewer would help me more. 

My I-751 is pending and I have been invited for N400 interview. When officer met me for an interview she said they wont be able to take my interview because my I751 is still pending. And I was back in waiting game.

Wow Are you serious ? What office ? I’m sorry to hear it. Hopefully your I751 will be approved soon. 

I just got my 10 year GC in the mail today. But there is any new from my N400. The status is still “we scheduled your interview”. My interview was January 9. 

Hello🤗

Just to list myself here as a I751 filer + I applied for N400. 3 year marriage based, 1 child. 

Dec 6, 2017 - I751 received 

Dec 26, 2017 - biometrics done

March 26, 2018 - case received to local office

Jan 2, 2019 - applied for N400 online

Jan 23, 2019 - I’m going for biometrics.

California proc.center, N400 field office: San Bernandino, CA

I want to be one of those “is it normal to have N400 interview this early” people on this forum 😃🙃🎉

Has anyone heard if the Boston field office (Lawrence specifically) is doing combo interviews?  My husband has his N-400 next week but he still has an open I751.  I checked other peoples timelines who had the N400 at Boston but it looks like none of the recent people had active ROC at the same time.  I just hope we will finally be done with this process!

Edited by A_K

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.