2,950 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2018 at 9:33 AM, orange010 said:

The N-445 was uploaded to my online account, the Oath Ceremony is scheduled for 01/15/19. Also, I called USCIS this morning and the officer confirmed that the I751 was approved on 12/27, no RFE or interview. Looks like it's actually happening...I'm almost done :)

Congrats!  You're almost across the finish line.

On 12/27/2018 at 11:37 AM, Cocoza said:

Hey, did you get anything in the mail about this yet?

I got my letter  few days ago. It says my I-751 was transferred to NBC for a further processing. Nothing about combining it with my N-400 though...

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Inna&Chris said:

I got my letter  few days ago. It says my I-751 was transferred to NBC for a further processing. Nothing about combining it with my N-400 though...

Ignore the update. My 751 approval update went backwards to 751 being transferred to a new office which wasn't true. I got naturalized on 5/23, and it is still saying that now as we speak. Only the adjudicator will determine whether there is going to be a combo interview, but the conventional wisdom is to assume there is going to be one and be prepared.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think the question is whether one's objective is to be naturalized in as short amount of time as possible. If that's the case, then filing for N-400 as soon as the window opens is the best course of action regardless of the delay it may cause to i751 processing.

On 12/27/2018 at 9:37 AM, Cocoza said:

I have not as well. Could it be a glitch again? I see quite a number of people got the transfer notification

Hey Any update there? I got a letter from immigration today in the mail, but i can’t see what is about yet! Did you get your letter ? 

1 hour ago, Husbandandwife said:

Hey Any update there? I got a letter from immigration today in the mail, but i can’t see what is about yet! Did you get your letter ? 

Oh, Yeah. I got mine on Saturday. It was the transfer notice.

On 12/30/2018 at 10:55 AM, mrcp2017 said:

do you guys recommend filing for n400 with pending i751?does it delay the whole proceed too long depending upon local office processing of n400 timeline like some offices take way over more than 12 months to approve n400?

I ipply for i-751 on july 2017 and nothing since getting the extention letter.(no biometrics taken or rfe) at all. 

Apply for n400 this past October 21, biometrics taken on november14, interview has been scheduled for February 1st.! 

Idk was gonna happened with my roc, might be combined interview who knows.! Hope that.! 

On 12/29/2018 at 10:04 AM, Shanshanjamrock said:

Take all your original doc you submit with your n-400,  I just make copy of each just incase they wanted to keep something and it turn out she wanted them.good luck!   

Great info. Thanks!

event.png

event.png
3-18-2014 - Mailed I-129F
3-24-2014 - NOA1 (email)
9-2-2014 - NOA2 (email)
9-16-2014 - NVC Received
9-17-21014 - NVC Case #
9-19-2014 - Belize Embassy Received electronically
10-15-2014 - Notice that Packet 3 was ready.
10-17-2014 - Fiance picked up both Packet 3 and Packet 4
11-11-2014 - Interview!! **Embassy cancelled because they remembered it was Veteran's day :wacko:
11-18-2014 - Interview!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi guys,

Please give me some advices on my case. I am truly stressful and stuck on this journey. I filed I-751 in February 2017 and my case was received and processed by USCIS on 03/08/2017. I have been waiting for the approval of I-751 for a long time without hearing any response from USCIS till April 2018 since my case was totally eligible to submit N-400. Therefore, I submitted the application N400 and got the bio test on 04/20/2018. Per some petitions from this website, if anyone submits in the combo of I-751 and N-400, his case should be processed much faster. However, till now ( pending 21 months), my status has not still had any change. I made a several calls to USCIS; they always said that "your case is being reviewed and you need to wait more". Even I submitted the request ticket for outside normal processing time around 2-3 weeks ago, but nothing changed later. I am super worried now since all of my friends' cases got the green card as well as a citizen interview. From your experience, what should I do for it now? 

Any of your advice is much appreciated. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just filed N400 online while ROC is still pending.

Hopefully it all goes well.

I-751 (ROC) Approved

08.18.2018 I-751 extended for 18 months (through October 2019)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with N-400) approved

N-400 Approved

01.01.2019 Qualified for N-400 application

01.02.2019 Filed N-400 Online

01.22.2019 Biometrics Appointment

03.18.2019 Interview Scheduled (USCIS text notification & appointment letter online)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with ROC) approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
36 minutes ago, mrcp2017 said:

on average how long does process takes i mean for the approval of combined i751 and n400 when you file for n400 with already pending i751?

There is not any clear information about how long to process the combo of I751 and N400. I read many different sources and realized that everything is very vague since some cases are processed on time, but some others are very slow ( as my case has pending over 22 months for I751 and 8 months for N400)

Hello! 😁

I have I-751 pending in CSC since Dec 6 2017 (based on marriage). My case status is frozen since March 5th showing they received my case to local office.

I applied for N400 yesterday online (I could have done it since Nov 2017), and I belong to San Bernandino USCIS field office which shows N400 processing time from 5.5 months to 14 months.

Today, the status online says they have received it and sending me NOA + estimated waiting time is 11 months (it doesn't mention I751 combined).

Reading different experiences here, it seems that this online updating somehow doesn't follow what happened with real timings.

Does anyone have experience with combo LA ft San Bernandino lately?

Muchas thanks 🤗

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.