2,950 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, wbeem said:

You should be well within your timeframe to submit an inquiry on your case by now. Or see if you can set up an InfoPass appointment 

CSC's currently processing cases with receipt date December 7, 2017. I can't inquire about mine since it's still within processing time. It sucks to be be kept in the dark for this long.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
54 minutes ago, drmo said:

Hey guys,

I filed my I-751 on 11/9/2017 (and my N-400 on 11/10/2018).   My I-751 status has been "Case was received at my local office" since 3/4/2018.   Also my N-400 status changed to "Case was transferred to another field office for review" on 5/17/2019 (I don't know the reason!).   When I went to my local office for my infopass to get a new stamp,  they told me they don't have my file!   I'm wondering if anyone has similar experience or knows what I can do to find out what's going on with my application at this point?

Thanks!

You can always contact USCIS and see what they say. What you are describing happened to me as well although when I got the stamp, I forgot to ask for an update (silly me). I decided to contact USCIS over the phone, and a month later I got a letter saying the I751 is still "under review"... so literally they didn't say anything new. I submitted my I751 in April 2017 and the N400 in August 2018... AND I FINALLY had my combo interview May 2019... two years and one month after the I751 submission. So, if your timeline is similar to mine, you will probably receive an interview notice in the next three or four months. Good luck!

Timeline
34 minutes ago, mz_066 said:

there is anyone familiar to N-14 form, what this means? and how this will impact the case?

Does this answer your question?

https://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/naturalization-the-n-14-form

3 minutes ago, LeoFromBR said:

Yes, thanks. I'm wondering if someone has the same experience? I haven't header about N-14 at all. 

Need the advice i have completed the N-400 online application .Still waiting for the actual green card .

Do i submit the application with attaching the approval notice ??

Can i attach online later the copy of green card 

please advice will it delay the process if i attach the approval notice instead of actual green card copy.  

Thanks 

Roc Filled 06/12/2018

Bio Metrics 07/12/2018

Timeline
26 minutes ago, mz_066 said:

Yes, thanks. I'm wondering if someone has the same experience? I haven't header about N-14 at all. 

If you use the VJ search box, there are actually several discussions about the N-14 form. Check it out. The first 4 or 5 results are sponsored ads, but if you scroll down to VJ links, you will see forum pages:

https://www.visajourney.com/sitesearch/?cx=partner-pub-3407508467788263%3A9725800110&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=n-14&sa=Search

Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, LeoFromBR said:

You can always contact USCIS and see what they say. What you are describing happened to me as well although when I got the stamp, I forgot to ask for an update (silly me). I decided to contact USCIS over the phone, and a month later I got a letter saying the I751 is still "under review"... so literally they didn't say anything new. I submitted my I751 in April 2017 and the N400 in August 2018... AND I FINALLY had my combo interview May 2019... two years and one month after the I751 submission. So, if your timeline is similar to mine, you will probably receive an interview notice in the next three or four months. Good luck!

Yes, I have contacted USCIS multiple times but I haven't got any informative response. I am also currently living in the valley san fernando but will probably be moving to another state some time soon because I have been unemployed for a while and my wife is seeking job on the east coast to be closer to her family. I imagine moving would cause things move even slower? Do you have any idea about that?

Timeline
3 hours ago, drmo said:

I'm wondering if anyone has similar experience or knows what I can do to find out what's going on with my application at this point?

I know the wait sucks a lot, but there's much to tell you from USCIS's perspective. Usually, they are either taking care of another case, or they are working on yours and doing their thing. If they start telling everyone the step-by-step, like "Waiting for FBI fingerprint verification" or "Reading bank statements before moving to lease agreement," then everything is gonna take WAAAAY longer for EVERYBODY.

If you case is within processing times and you've contacted them to make sure it's not lost or anything weird, then you just gotta wait. Sorry it sucks. I know.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, drmo said:

Yes, I have contacted USCIS multiple times but I haven't got any informative response. I am also currently living in the valley san fernando but will probably be moving to another state some time soon because I have been unemployed for a while and my wife is seeking job on the east coast to be closer to her family. I imagine moving would cause things move even slower? Do you have any idea about that?

I do not have first hand experience with a move while an application is ongoing, but based on others' reports,  yes, moving will cause delays.

2 hours ago, LeoFromBR said:

If you use the VJ search box, there are actually several discussions about the N-14 form. Check it out. The first 4 or 5 results are sponsored ads, but if you scroll down to VJ links, you will see forum pages:

https://www.visajourney.com/sitesearch/?cx=partner-pub-3407508467788263%3A9725800110&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=n-14&sa=Search

Hope this helps!

Thanks. 

16 hours ago, et19 said:

I had a combo interview a while back and got approved for I-751 recently (status switched to "card is being produced").

Does anyone have experience with and know how long after that you can get approved for N-400 and then timeline for oath ceremony??

Congratulations,

So, did you get you approval after the interview? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Today we went in with our infopass appointment for 2nd I-551 stamp. N-400 still pending on I-751 to adjudicate. Its been over a year since our combo interview. The agent who gave us the new I-551 stamp told us that our file is pending on a 9208 shelf waiting for am interview to be scheduled. He told us that on a NI (non-interview) day the FO agents process the pending files. Basically told us to continue playing the waiting game. One positive sign is that the estimated processing time for N-400 shows July 2019 ( 1 month), not sure how reliable that is but hopefully we hear something in coming weeks. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
22 hours ago, New Yorker 82 said:

Need the advice i have completed the N-400 online application .Still waiting for the actual green card .

Do i submit the application with attaching the approval notice ??

Can i attach online later the copy of green card 

please advice will it delay the process if i attach the approval notice instead of actual green card copy.  

Thanks 

I'd wait for the GC. It's a matter of days.  We got our approval notice in the mail this week and today the cards arrived without any notification or update to reflect it on either of the USCIS websites.  

It's just not worth the risk for the sake of a few days.  We were also tempted to go ahead and file but decided to just hold our patience for a few days and submit what they ask for the first time round to avoid further delays. 

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.