2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 minutes ago, ramus_maximus said:

We only had 2 yrs tax returns,  few trips we took together and pics with friends and family. 

It's hard to imagine the trips would be a factor. Everyone lives how they can and want. Not everyone wants or can afford trips -- the latter has been my case. I suppose the tax returns could be a little red flag. Did you not have enough photos?

Do you have joint bank accounts, shared utility bills, auto insurance, health insurance, lease on both names?

Well, since you waited 11 months since the combo interview, I think at the anniversary mark, you could either contact a congressional liaison for help, or write to the Adjudicating Officer directly. The N-652 form you received at the end of your combo interview should have their name.

Honestly, if I'm in that situation 6 months after my combo, I will do either one of those options. I understand USCIS is overburdened, but there's only two options here: either they have all the evidence or they need more. On the bright side, you now should have a third year of  tax return by now.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, fcorona85 said:

thank you for the good wishes. my case just got updated. My I751 approved and my N400 scheduled.

How are we notified of the I-751? In addition to a letter in the mail, do we also receive any text/email notifications?

EDIT: Congrats by the way!

Edited by LeoFromBR

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
5 minutes ago, LeoFromBR said:

It's hard to imagine the trips would be a factor. Everyone lives how they can and want. Not everyone wants or can afford trips -- the latter has been my case. I suppose the tax returns could be a little red flag. Did you not have enough photos?

Do you have joint bank accounts, shared utility bills, auto insurance, health insurance, lease on both names?

Well, since you waited 11 months since the combo interview, I think at the anniversary mark, you could either contact a congressional liaison for help, or write to the Adjudicating Officer directly. The N-652 form you received at the end of your combo interview should have their name.

Honestly, if I'm in that situation 6 months after my combo, I will do either one of those options. I understand USCIS is overburdened, but there's only two options here: either they have all the evidence or they need more. On the bright side, you now should have a third year of  tax return by now.

We initially did not have a joint bank account at the time of I-751 application but was later added and an evidence was submitted to them. now we have total 5 yrs tax returns. we had shared insurances. but no utility or leases. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, LeoFromBR said:

Good to know. Presumably, they would have left a voice mail or called again to reschedule the I-751 interview.

How many days before the interview did they call to reschedule?

My wife's original N400 interview was Feb 2019.  However due to her pending I 751 they cancelled the N400 and rescheduled a combo I 751/N400 interview last April 2019.  Local USCIS office called a month before the rescheduled interview date.

Hello everyone. I've been ghosting this site since 2015 when I started this journey. Everyone's experiences have provided enough insight before now that I haven't needed to post anything for myself. We've now made it to ROC pending for almost one year and N400 eligibility opened two days ago. We will submit tomorrow when we have the last of the paperwork.

I would also like to preface that I am the US citizen and my husband is the immigrant. He has asked me to handle all the immigration paperwork. I'm just glad I don't have to take the civil test for him! I don't know half the answers really and what I do know came from watching political drama tv shows. lol

Timeline-

Fiance Visa application July 2015

Interview in Paris and Approval Jan 2016

Landed Stateside March 2016

Married and AOS April 2016

2 year Green Card received 8/6/2016

(side note: we welcomed our surprise little boy into the world Aug 2017)

ROC application June 2018- extension letter received but case pending untouched

N400 application May 2019

My (or my husband's) dilemma: Every time we try to check the case status online it says there is an error with the recipe number. I called the first time we tried to check 4 months after submitting as my husband was applying for a new job and they were skeptical about his expired green card situation. I waited on hold forever and then they answered and said everything was fine. They received the application and it is in the que. Normally I'm ok with letting it slide since online does say it will take another 4-6 months to finish with his application but this part makes me really really nervous. I'm worried that the ROC won't be transferred to the local office with the N400 since they haven't even entered it in online yet and it's just sitting in some dark corner. I'm going to call after we are done with biometrics for the N400 to see if that will help transfer the case but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience. I've looked all over online and no one has mentioned being unable to located their case status online. I think this is the first time in this journey that I've been nervous about the outcome! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
18 minutes ago, AFAL said:

Hello everyone. I've been ghosting this site since 2015 when I started this journey. Everyone's experiences have provided enough insight before now that I haven't needed to post anything for myself. We've now made it to ROC pending for almost one year and N400 eligibility opened two days ago. We will submit tomorrow when we have the last of the paperwork.

I would also like to preface that I am the US citizen and my husband is the immigrant. He has asked me to handle all the immigration paperwork. I'm just glad I don't have to take the civil test for him! I don't know half the answers really and what I do know came from watching political drama tv shows. lol

Timeline-

My (or my husband's) dilemma: Every time we try to check the case status online it says there is an error with the recipe number. I called the first time we tried to check 4 months after submitting as my husband was applying for a new job and they were skeptical about his expired green card situation. I waited on hold forever and then they answered and said everything was fine. They received the application and it is in the que. Normally I'm ok with letting it slide since online does say it will take another 4-6 months to finish with his application but this part makes me really really nervous. I'm worried that the ROC won't be transferred to the local office with the N400 since they haven't even entered it in online yet and it's just sitting in some dark corner. I'm going to call after we are done with biometrics for the N400 to see if that will help transfer the case but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience. I've looked all over online and no one has mentioned being unable to located their case status online. I think this is the first time in this journey that I've been nervous about the outcome! 

My little advice is, filling n400 while your i751 is still pending can be a blessing or a curse. 

Some People where lucky, others have been waiting for both interviews for over two years. 

Why dont you wait for i751 approval first since you already have waited a year. 

Most case of March and April 2018 are been approved. 

If you still wanna try maybe you might be one of the lucky once’s. 

But for me I filed i751 Feb 2018, and still waiting patiently since I started reading comments of both good and bad news from this forum. 

I became eligible to file n400 in Feb 2018, finished the online application. Just waiting patiently for approval for i751, before I hit the summit button. 

My job dont understand the extension letter, so I had to go for stamp in my passport, I don’t want anything to slow i751 progress down. 

Good luck. 🍀👍🏽 

Hello and welcome!

Which receipt number are you entering, as I think now you can track it all from the i-751 NOA receipt number. Do you get the same error on both sites?

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do

My advice is to try and get an Infopass appointment on the same day as your husband's N400 biometrics. The IO should be able to set you straight on your receipt number and status of your i-751 application. I wouldn't leave it to chance though, at my local office (when I did N400 biometrics), I tried to see an IO and was promptly sent to a machine in the lobby to make an appointment. LOL. 

Other options are to call USCIS and ask to speak to a tier 2, just bypass the tier 1 agent. I was going to suggest raising an online query but I'm not sure how far you'll get if your receipt number isn't recognised. 

Good luck and let us know how you get on. :) 

PS - How did your husband get you to do all the paperwork? In my situation, I'm the immigrant and I had to do it all myself. LOL!

46 minutes ago, AFAL said:

Timeline-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

22 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Hello and welcome!

Which receipt number are you entering, as I think now you can track it all from the i-751 NOA receipt number. Do you get the same error on both sites?

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do

My advice is to try and get an Infopass appointment on the same day as your husband's N400 biometrics. The IO should be able to set you straight on your receipt number and status of your i-751 application. I wouldn't leave it to chance though, at my local office (when I did N400 biometrics), I tried to see an IO and was promptly sent to a machine in the lobby to make an appointment. LOL. 

Other options are to call USCIS and ask to speak to a tier 2, just bypass the tier 1 agent. I was going to suggest raising an online query but I'm not sure how far you'll get if your receipt number isn't recognised. 

Good luck and let us know how you get on. :) 

PS - How did your husband get you to do all the paperwork? In my situation, I'm the immigrant and I had to do it all myself. LOL!

I'm using the i-751 NOA receipt number and yes, both sites give the same error. We didn't have a online account before this but with the upcoming N400 I created one to submit the application online. The agent I spoke to in December said it's because they haven't entered the case online yet and it's normal. I'm not sure how normal it is to have not entered it online 1 year later though....

We aren't likely going to the biometrics appointment but are doing a walk-in for that beforehand. We are taking our son to Europe in 2 weeks (3 week trip) to meet his relatives over there for the first time. We don;t want to wait until he's older than 2 and have to pay for another plane ticket.

Online it said biometrics would take 5 weeks so it will be right when we come back but people's timelines for our local office have been averaging 3 weeks so we will wait for the letter and then do a walk-in right before we leave if needed. I think I will try the online query after the N400 interview is scheduled if I haven't gotten anywhere with my other options first (calling, infopass appt, etc). 

Thankfully our local office is maybe 15 minutes from our house so it wouldn't be a hardship for us to go for an appt a different day from the biometrics.

I had to complete the K1 visa packet and it kind of worked that way from there. I take care of the bills, financials, taxes, paperwork, etc...He uses the excuse that I know the US and the language better but really I don't mind. Also, all the bills (except car titles and bank account) are in my name only. I'm wishing I would have at least changed the utilities to both our names but I would have to refinance the house to get his name on the mortgage. Oh well. Hopefully the joint taxes and son will be enough lol.

1 hour ago, Cross32 said:

My little advice is, filling n400 while your i751 is still pending can be a blessing or a curse. 

Some People where lucky, others have been waiting for both interviews for over two years. 

Why dont you wait for i751 approval first since you already have waited a year. 

Most case of March and April 2018 are been approved. 

If you still wanna try maybe you might be one of the lucky once’s. 

But for me I filed i751 Feb 2018, and still waiting patiently since I started reading comments of both good and bad news from this forum. 

I became eligible to file n400 in Feb 2018, finished the online application. Just waiting patiently for approval for i751, before I hit the summit button. 

My job dont understand the extension letter, so I had to go for stamp in my passport, I don’t want anything to slow i751 progress down. 

Good luck. 🍀👍🏽 

Thanks. It's better for my husband's work for him to be able to say he's an American Citizen than a Permanent Resident. He is CEO of a consulting company to help Europeans open a subsidiary office in the US and the other way around. He believes the American citizenship will add more credit to his experience in US business and culture than just permanent residence.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Julia2018 said:

I passed the test today after 2 years and 1 month waiting. Now wait for the Oath 😊

Congratulations! Now when you pass by car dealerships and see those huge-### flags -- I am sure they will have a new meaning.

Our 1751 was transferred to our local office recently, and we received a letter in our mail about I751 interview (same date/time as N400) - so we'll be having a joint interview thankfully!

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
☑I-129F Sent : 03-10-15
☑NOA1 : 03-20-15
☑NOA2 : 04-07-15
☑Received NOA2 hardcopy: 04-11-15
NVC received: 04-24-15
NVC Assigns Case #: 04-27-15
☑Case sent to embassy: 05-04-15
☑Embassy Packet 3 sent: 05-19-15
☑Medical: 07-03-15 and 09-07-15 (did two medicals to ensure fiance had enough time to get to U.S.)
☑Interview: 07-30-15
☑Visa Issued: 09-22-15!!!! [:thumbs:]

K1 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!
--------------------------------------------------------

POE TO GREEN CARD

Fiance arrived in USA (POE @ Boston Logan)!!!: 01-31-2016 :D
Court Marriage: 02-04-16
Sent AOS, EAD, AP Packet: 02-25-16 :dance:

Packet Delivered via USPS Priority & Certified: 02-27-16

Check cashed by USCIS: 03-03-16

NOA1's by text (x3): 03-03-16

NOA1 Hardcopies via Mail (x3): 03-07-16

Biometric Appt. Letter Received: 03-18-16 (scheduled for 03/31/16, Raleigh, NC)

Biometrics Appointment: 03-31-16; Raleigh, NC

☑"My Interview is Scheduled" Status Change: 04-12-16

Received hardcopy of Interview Notice: 04-16-16

EAD/AP Approval by Email: 04-26-16

I797 Approval Notice for EAD and AP: 04-30-16

Green Card Interview: 05-18-16; (APPROVED ON THE SPOT!) :D

I797 Approval Notice for Green Card: 05-23-16

Conditional Green Card Received!: 05-26-16 :dancing:

GC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

ROC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

"120 days out" letter: 01-24-18 ☑ Submitted ROC: 03-10-18 ☑ Package delivered: 03-14-18 ☑ Waived Biometrics: 05-08-18 ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 05-07-19 (automatic approval!) Card Received:

N400 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

Filing Date: 03/16/2019 NOA1: 03/16/2019 Biometrics Walk-In: 03/28/19 (originally scheduled for 04/08/19) ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 04/18/19 (automatic approval!) Oath Ceremony: 07/17/19

On 5/10/2019 at 7:04 AM, AFAL said:

Timeline-

So the day I submitted the N400, the I751 was finally recognized on the USCIS account. However, MyCaseStatus is still coming up with the same error. No matter. As long as it's coming up somewhere I'm happy! Now I can make sure it says it was transferred to local office when the time comes and if not call them. It's giving me an estimated completion time of 11 months. I don't think that is even remotely right as most people on here who went through the Tampa office had their oath 4 months after submitting application. I even saw one or two have it done and approved by 2 months! We shall see. 

Question though- how soon after your application submitted did you receive your letter with the biometrics appt? I'm hoping we receive it before we leave in less than 2 weeks so we can do the walk in or that it's scheduled after we get back. Either would work. But if it's delivered while we are away and scheduled before we come back it could be a problem...

Timeline

For people that had their combo interviews and received a result that "Naturalization could not be approved at this time", how long after the interview did you hear a reply? And where's your field office?

Hi everyone, I had my interview on May 8th and was approved on both I751 and N400. I brought my husband with me and had to answer questions pertaining to both applications. First, with the husband present, then without him. The questions were fairly easy and the interviewing officer was very nice and personable. I still felt very weird though discussing my plans for children with a government agent. 

The N400 questions were:

- when is the last day to file taxes

- name a state that borders Canada

- the name of the first 10 amendments to the constitution

- name of the Vice president.

I unfortunately do not remember the last two questions but can assure you they were all from that booklet.

Good luck to everyone! 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

June 2015 got married

AOS
September 10, 2015 mailed the AOS package
September 18, 2015 package received, checks cashed

October 15, 2015 biometrics appointment done
October 21, 2015 case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

November 14, 2015 EAD/AP Combo card is in production

November 21, 2015 EAD/AP card received

April 26, 2016 interview, card approved e-mail

June 10, 2016 card in hand

ROC

February 7, 2018 mailed the ROC package

February 12, 2018 NOA1

February 7, 2019 Case transferred to a local office to schedule an interview

May 8th, 2019 interview, card approved e-mail

Naturalization

January 29, 2019 submitted N-400 online

January 29, 2019 NOA1

February 21, 2019 biometrics appointment done

May 8th 2019 interview, case approved e-mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.