2,950 posts in this topic

We just received a text and email from USCIS informing us that my wife's N400 interview has been scheduled. We have not received the actual letter yet but it is about 11 months from when we sent in the N400. It will be a combo interview (I-751 and N400).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
49 minutes ago, frontgear said:

We just received a text and email from USCIS informing us that my wife's N400 interview has been scheduled. We have not received the actual letter yet but it is about 11 months from when we sent in the N400. It will be a combo interview (I-751 and N400).

Congratulations in advance!!

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
14 hours ago, et19 said:

It has been 2 months since my combo I-751 and N-400 interview with no update.

Do you think it's wise for me to contact my congressperson and senator to apply pressure? Or should I just keep waiting it out?

You got nothing to lose, I would if I were you.

19 hours ago, et19 said:

Do you think it's wise for me to contact my congressperson and senator to apply pressure? Or should I just keep waiting it out?

Did they approve your ROC?

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Filed for I-751 in September 20, 2017

Filed N-400 in March 25, 2019

Bio appt for N-400 was yesterday, April 18, 2019

Scheduled interview for I-751 with spouse is on April 25, 2019 (next week)

Any chance of that interview turning into a combo interview for both I-751 and N-400? What do you guys think?

Timeline
20 hours ago, et19 said:

5 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

You got nothing to lose, I would if I were you.

15 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

Did they approve your ROC?

@et19, what did they say at the end of your combo interview? As @corvusheart is asking as well, did they approve the ROC?

I agree with @Zombie69. Nothing to lose here by contacting your representatives.

No updates on the online case status checking site as well?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, MK108 said:

Filed for I-751 in September 20, 2017

Filed N-400 in March 25, 2019

Bio appt for N-400 was yesterday, April 18, 2019

Scheduled interview for I-751 with spouse is on April 25, 2019 (next week)

Any chance of that interview turning into a combo interview for both I-751 and N-400? What do you guys think?

I have read people having theirs turned into a combo interview . I don't know if it is local USCIS office or not that decides how they conduct their interviews.  From my own experience at the San Jose USCIS office and from two other people I have heard of , our interviews for N400 had to be rescheduled within 90 days since the I 751 has not yet been adjudicated.  The rescheduled interview was specifically a combination I 751 and N400. Bring your spouse just in case.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/17/2019 at 8:30 PM, luckyef said:

Anyone from atl ga ,that apply n400 this year?I apply n400 ,I have a pending 175.

i applied n 400 on dec 17 2018 with pending I 751 applied on dec 18 2017

Edited by J1991

Timeline
2 minutes ago, geff44 said:

I have read people having theirs turned into a combo interview . I don't know if it is local USCIS office or not that decides how they conduct their interviews.  From my own experience at the San Jose USCIS office and from two other people I have heard of , our interviews for N400 had to be rescheduled within 90 days since the I 751 has not yet been adjudicated.  The rescheduled interview was specifically a combination I 751 and N400. Bring your spouse just in case.

My upcoming interview is scheduled for I-751 only as I had not applied for N-400(yet) when the letter arrived. The interview letter itself was addressed to my spouse so we're definitely going together. 😅

21 hours ago, et19 said:

Same here. Haven't contacted anyone yet...don't think that will can do anything until 120 passed...What's your local office?

1 hour ago, MK108 said:

My upcoming interview is scheduled for I-751 only as I had not applied for N-400(yet) when the letter arrived. The interview letter itself was addressed to my spouse so we're definitely going together. 😅

Wish you best of luck on your interview! Please share the details once it’s done. Not too many people have I-751 interviews, or maybe they just don’t talk about it. I’m super interested in your interview, as I’m in the same situation.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, vvp said:

Wish you best of luck on your interview! Please share the details once it’s done. Not too many people have I-751 interviews, or maybe they just don’t talk about it. I’m super interested in your interview, as I’m in the same situation.

Thank you! 🥰

Yes, I will be sharing the interview experience. I understand what you mean, I tried to find posts(on visajourney) from anyone who is going through the same situation. No luck, but I was really happy to find this thread. The experiences here are similar if not the same ☺️

2 minutes ago, MK108 said:

Thank you! 🥰

Yes, I will be sharing the interview experience. I understand what you mean, I tried to find posts(on visajourney) from anyone who is going through the same situation. No luck, but I was really happy to find this thread. The experiences here are similar if not the same ☺️

One more question: what is your current status on the USCIS tracker for i751? And was it updated once they schedule the interview? I saw some cases who sit in “case was transferred to schedule an interview” for months, but it’s rare. Others (like me) only saw it briefly and within day or so it was switched to “case was transferred and the new office has jurisdiction”. How about your situation?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.