2,950 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, holidaywkhcx said:

It depends on your local office when interview for N400 can be scheduled.. Once N400 is scheduled for interview, that's the time when i751 will be adjudicated..

15 hours ago, AlfNel23 said:

I am still waiting and I applied July 2017 for I751 and June 2018 for N400 , I made a service request and they gave me the same answer, my local office processing time for N400 is 13.5 to 23 months.

thank you, guys. I was told that I need to call them back next month to get new updates. Philly Office is processing N-400 and I-751 is being reviewed by Texas office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:47 PM, et19 said:

Just a quick update from my case:

• I filed for I-751 in 2/2017
  • I filed for N-400 in 2/2018
  • We had a combo interview last month

With that timeline, I have two questions:

1. Since it has been a month without any updates, is there anything I can do to speed it along / status check?
  2. Does anyone know the steps to reach the tier 2 officer directly by calling in the standard 1 (800) 375-5283 number?

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:52 PM, Zombie69 said:

To answer your questions with my experience, unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to speed up the processing time, it is totally up to USCIS. To reach a tier 2 officer, you have to talk to a regular representative and ask to be transferred to a tier 2 officer. I would take a grain of salt about what tier 2 officers say because with my experience, whatever they tell you usually turn out to be false. Good luck.

I agree with Zombie, there is not much you can do.  When you left your interview did they give you anything related to recommended for approval related to the N400?  For us it was a little over a month of nothing, then the I751 NOA approval showed up in the mail, then the N400 status was changed and oath was soon scheduled.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Case Status Online changed for N400 (applied online on Jan 2, biometrics on Jan 23 2019, local office San Bernandino CA):
"On April 4, 2019, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOE9463***. We will mail you an interview notice".

Status on myUSCIS hasn't changed since Jan 23rd, 2019. Maybe it will when they mail the notice (which should show up in the "documents" section).

My I751 still pending without changes since March 2018.

47 minutes ago, Dzenana said:

Case Status Online changed for N400 (applied online on Jan 2, biometrics on Jan 23 2019, local office San Bernandino CA):
"On April 4, 2019, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOE9463***. We will mail you an interview notice".

Status on myUSCIS hasn't changed since Jan 23rd, 2019. Maybe it will when they mail the notice (which should show up in the "documents" section).

My I751 still pending without changes since March 2018.

congrats! I have a similar timeline to yours.

6 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

I agree with Zombie, there is not much you can do.  When you left your interview did they give you anything related to recommended for approval related to the N400?  For us it was a little over a month of nothing, then the I751 NOA approval showed up in the mail, then the N400 status was changed and oath was soon scheduled.

Good Luck!

I did get an "approval" letter for the English/civics portion of N400. However, decision couldn't be made because of pending I-751. For I-751, I got a notice of continuance. It's good to hear that you still got approved after a month of waiting. I am onto the 1.5 month of waiting now so I will try to wait another 2 months before I contact my congress person and seek other venues.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Billett said:

So, I just had my combo interview I-751+ N-400 in West Palm Beach office.

we had a 1:15 appointment and we were there at 12:50 and the officer called us within 5 minutes of sitting.

As soon as I saw him I told him I brought my hubby with me and he said it was ok because it was 2 cases so I was happy it was going to be a combo interview.

The officer was so nice it didn't even felt like an interview, he only asked us if we are still living in the same house and joked that he assume we were still married. He asked if we had anything new to add so I gave him last 3 months of bank statements, car insurance, electric bills and our 2018 tax.

After that my husband and the IO passed their time talking about watch's and cars and my husband didn't know that I still needed to answer the question for citizenship and told the IO that we was keeping him to long and we were going to leave lol.

Then the IO said that he was going to approve our I-751 and asked me if I study, I said so,so.

He asked me the No and Yes questions first and then asked me to read and write "where is the capital of the US"

write: The Capital is in Washington D.C"

he asked me 6 questions and stop there because I got them all right and hand me the N-652 where he checked approved and then congratulate me!

I smile to my hubby and told him that I was just approved to become a citizen and he tanked the IO.

we said our good byes and told him thank you for making us feel like it wasn't a interview.

My status show "Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed"

I'm so happy and relieve of this long process, but finally got here.

Thanks Visa Journey for always guide me.

This website has helped me trough this process from the beginning and I'm thankful to all of you, and wish everyone the best of luck on their process.😘

Congrats

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 hours ago, Billett said:

So, I just had my combo interview I-751+ N-400 in West Palm Beach office.

we had a 1:15 appointment and we were there at 12:50 and the officer called us within 5 minutes of sitting.

As soon as I saw him I told him I brought my hubby with me and he said it was ok because it was 2 cases so I was happy it was going to be a combo interview.

The officer was so nice it didn't even felt like an interview, he only asked us if we are still living in the same house and joked that he assume we were still married. He asked if we had anything new to add so I gave him last 3 months of bank statements, car insurance, electric bills and our 2018 tax.

After that my husband and the IO passed their time talking about watch's and cars and my husband didn't know that I still needed to answer the question for citizenship and told the IO that we was keeping him to long and we were going to leave lol.

Then the IO said that he was going to approve our I-751 and asked me if I study, I said so,so.

He asked me the No and Yes questions first and then asked me to read and write "where is the capital of the US"

write: The Capital is in Washington D.C"

he asked me 6 questions and stop there because I got them all right and hand me the N-652 where he checked approved and then congratulate me!

I smile to my hubby and told him that I was just approved to become a citizen and he tanked the IO.

we said our good byes and told him thank you for making us feel like it wasn't a interview.

My status show "Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed"

I'm so happy and relieve of this long process, but finally got here.

Thanks Visa Journey for always guide me.

This website has helped me trough this process from the beginning and I'm thankful to all of you, and wish everyone the best of luck on their process.😘

Congratulations. Sometimes there are in fact humans that could be found in USCIS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 4/2/2019 at 7:43 AM, GoodbyeGirl said:

Try another option, like 'notice wasn't received' and use the query box to explain why you're getting in touch. It worked for me! :)

I have an upcoming interview for I751 but nothing has been mentioned about N400 so I thought about calling and speaking to Tier 2 officer to confirm if it is going to combine interview.

So I soke to call center rep and she asked me everything and said that my both application (I 751 and N400) are under regular processing time so that's not the valid reason to speak to Tier 2 so I explained in detail and kind of told her that I would really like to speak to Tier 2 and she put me on hold for 1 minute came back and said she will be transferring me and I left call back number but never got any call back from Tier 2

This happens with me twice. 

(Mod Action)

One duplicate post removed.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

I'm so glad to have found this thread!

A quick snapshot of my case

1. Filed for ROC on Sept 2017

2. March 2018, moved to a different state with spouse. Moved one more time within the new state. Changed address each time.

3. Received RFE Letter on Jan 2019

4. Moved once again, immediately after receiving RFE letter (Bought a house together; joint mortgage)

5. Sent RFE response end of Feb 2019. Following that, I finally saw an update on the case status mentioning my case was moved to the Local USCIS office. *eyeroll* Better late than never.

6. Received I-751 interview letter late March 2019 scheduled for Apr 25, 2019.

7. Applied for N-400 online immediately after receiving interview letter (I had already begun filling out the application online almost a year ago, lol)

8. March 30, received notice online for bio appointment for N-400 scheduled for Apr 15, 2019.

9. Sent a message online to an IO through the Inbox feature requesting to reschedule bio appointment as I would be visiting my parents (whom I hadn't seen for almost 5 years).

10. Received a response in less than 24 hours that my bio appointment was rescheduled to Apr 18, 2019. I wasn't expecting it to be rescheduled within days of the initial date but turned out perfectly!

Now, since the bio appointment for N-400 is only a week before the ROC interview date, I'm not sure if it is going to be a combo interview but I'm prepared nonetheless. I'll post updates here soon.

Anyone know where I can find sample interview questions for ROC? Hubby likes to guess answers so I want him to practice some questions with me so he's comfortable saying "I don't know" or "I don't remember" to questions like when is your anniversary or wife's birthday etc. Lol, hubby had forgotten the date we got married 3 days after we got married. So, I don't expect him to remember it now either. 😂 I usually pencil it in on our fridge calendar with hearts and stars around it so that he definitely sees it on the month it falls on. 😅

Edited by MK108

16 hours ago, MK108 said:

I'm so glad to have found this thread!

A quick snapshot of my case

1. Filed for ROC on Sept 2017

2. March 2018, moved to a different state with spouse. Moved one more time within the new state. Changed address each time.

3. Received RFE Letter on Jan 2019

4. Moved once again, immediately after receiving RFE letter (Bought a house together; joint mortgage)

5. Sent RFE response end of Feb 2019. Following that, I finally saw an update on the case status mentioning my case was moved to the Local USCIS office. *eyeroll* Better late than never.

6. Received I-751 interview letter late March 2019 scheduled for Apr 25, 2019.

7. Applied for N-400 online immediately after receiving interview letter (I had already begun filling out the application online almost a year ago, lol)

8. March 30, received notice online for bio appointment for N-400 scheduled for Apr 15, 2019.

9. Sent a message online to an IO through the Inbox feature requesting to reschedule bio appointment as I would be visiting my parents (whom I hadn't seen for almost 5 years).

10. Received a response in less than 24 hours that my bio appointment was rescheduled to Apr 18, 2019. I wasn't expecting it to be rescheduled within days of the initial date but turned out perfectly!

Now, since the bio appointment for N-400 is only a week before the ROC interview date, I'm not sure if it is going to be a combo interview but I'm prepared nonetheless. I'll post updates here soon.

Anyone know where I can find sample interview questions for ROC? Hubby likes to guess answers so I want him to practice some questions with me so he's comfortable saying "I don't know" or "I don't remember" to questions like when is your anniversary or wife's birthday etc. Lol, hubby had forgotten the date we got married 3 days after we got married. So, I don't expect him to remember it now either. 😂 I usually pencil it in on our fridge calendar with hearts and stars around it so that he definitely sees it on the month it falls on. 😅

Could you please tell us what the RFE was for and what you submitted? (Edit - Nevermind, I saw on another thread what you submitted. You got an RFE because you didnt have joint bank accounts - that IS THE main evidence they are looking for).

I don't think it is likely that you'll get a combo interview since you filed N400 so recently. 

Edited by TheKingmaker

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
3 minutes ago, TheKingmaker said:

Could you please tell us what the RFE was for and what you submitted?

I don't think it is likely that you'll get a combo interview since you filed N400 so recently. 

The RFE letter wanted more documents showing financial co-mingling and also apparently the tax documents we sent in were incomplete.

As I we had moved twice after applying for the ROC, they were curious as to whether we still owned the condo whose mortgage statement I had sent in. Only my husband's name was on the statement but I wanted to show that my husband owns the place and I live there as well with subsequent bills with my name on it.

When we sent in documents for ROC, we didn't have any joint account or utilities. So, I did my best to show them I get bills in my name to the same address. Or if the bills are in husband's name, I'm paying them out of my account and such.

They also listed out the documents they "received". It was barely 40% of what I actually sent it. Made me think, between Sept 2017 (when I sent in the ROC) and Dec 2018(when they first reviewed it) some documents got lost. It was disappointing to learn of such inefficiency but sadly, not surprising.

Regardless, I was more than happy to provide them with all the new documents I had gathered.

With my RFE response, I sent in

1. Joint Mortgage closing disclosure (we had just closed on a house so no mortgage statement at that time)

2. Joint Escrow schedule

3. Joint lease agreement from the apartment we were living at before buying the house

4. Joint notice to vacate from that apartment

5. Joint utility bills from three companies for the rental apartment address

6. Joint credit card statement

7. Beneficiary listing of my husband's life insurance and 401k showing me as the primary 100% beneficiary

8. Beneficiary listing of my 401k showing my husband as the primary 100% beneficiary

9. Tax transcripts for the past three years with our individual W2s as backup(USCIS was specific on this one). We have been filing tax jointly as a married couple since 2014.

10. Current ID at the time (with rental apartment address) for both of us

11. Joint utility bills for one company with new address. (Even though I had specified that both our names need to be on the bill, the utility companies still sent in the first bills with only one name, SMH)

As we had just moved to a new house, a lot of the documents we submitted had the address for the rental apartment and a few had the new address. I assume that can be quite confusing.

Heck, my husband went through the process himself and when I made him read the 4 page cover letter, he was still slightly confused.

I was bummed out that we were called for the interview but not surprised. Oh well, I have updated utilities bills with both of our names and also updated IDs with our current address now.

Also, they want a lot more stuff for the interview so as I open moving boxes, I find potential evidences 😂 They'll have their hands full at the interview. I'm taking a 2" binder full of cooies of whatever they asked and more.

I don't see how they can say that this isn't enough proof of financial co-mingling.

Husband's patience with USCIS is running thin at this point. I'm just about ready to be done with all this too.

You may find these sites helpful for typical ROC interview questions and reasons why some cases are called for interview. Good luck!

https://mypathtocitizenship.com/removal-of-conditions-interview-questions-how-to-get-approved-for-the-10-year-green-card/

https://citizenpath.com/avoiding-i-751-interview/

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

pls delete. Sorry!

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.