2,950 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Julia2018 said:

So if I go on the n400 interview, they will tell me to leave after 2 hours driving there and 2 hours driving back? Is there anyway to contact them to fix it just 1 day or i751 first so I dont have to get a ride there for nothing?

bring your spouse with you on the day for N400 interview and ask the IO if they can do a combo interview for i751 & n400. If they tell you no, then you will have to come back later for i751 as n400 will not be approved if i751 is still pending.

@100billionX1will Just chiming in to commiserate. I have my combi interview tomorrow and if it got cancelled at this point, I'd be gutted. Best of luck and I hope this gets sorted for you quickly.

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

On 3/9/2019 at 8:55 PM, LizB0322 said:

This can happen but not always. I filed for i751 January 2018 and I applied for citizenship this year in January. Yesterday I got an approval letter for my green card from the CSC dated 03/05/2019. Both websites haven’t updated at all and my case was never transferred. Who knows how USCIS handles each case. I have seen many cases like what you mention, who get joint interviews. Hopefully everyone will hear good news soon! 🤞🏼

Congratulations on your I751 approval. Did you get the approval without having an in person interview for it ?

21 minutes ago, kc0716 said:

Congratulations on your I751 approval. Did you get the approval without having an in person interview for it ?

Thank you, kc0716! 🙂.. yes I got the approval without interview, no case transferred, no RFE, and case never changed online until today that my card was mailed on Friday and it also says the USPS tracking number. Hopefully you will hear good news too! Now I’m just waiting for n400 interview date. 

1 minute ago, LizB0322 said:

Thank you, kc0716! 🙂.. yes I got the approval without interview, no case transferred, no RFE, and case never changed online until today that my card was mailed on Friday and it also says the USPS tracking number. Hopefully you will hear good news too! Now I’m just waiting for n400 interview date. 

That's nice, good for you Liz! You're supporting docs on the 751 must've been very thorough. Did you, for example, submit ALL the bank statements for each month, since the marriage, or just a select most recent 3-6 months ?

23 minutes ago, kc0716 said:

That's nice, good for you Liz! You're supporting docs on the 751 must've been very thorough. Did you, for example, submit ALL the bank statements for each month, since the marriage, or just a select most recent 3-6 months ?

Thank you! 🙂.. I sent a lot of different type of  proofs.  I always think is better to have more and no less 😬. For bank statements, I only send 3 per year.. this is how my package looked like before I mailed it. I classified everything by year and label everything and added a letter in the front. Don’t lose hope! You will hear something soon 🤞🏼

AE559A52-7775-4455-B758-6532DD1B0E3C.jpeg

87EE50AD-EF28-4D60-A8FC-EE28DA4C189C.jpeg

Edited by LizB0322

1 hour ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

@100billionX1will Just chiming in to commiserate. I have my combi interview tomorrow and if it got cancelled at this point, I'd be gutted. Best of luck and I hope this gets sorted for you quickly.

I was so ready for tomorrow till I got that call. Best of luck tomorrow

Thank you!

I read here how what's happened with your case isn't that unusual, but it had never occurred to me. This whole process can be so unpredictable.  

I can only imagine how you feel, got everything crossed for you.

18 minutes ago, 100billionX1will said:

I was so ready for tomorrow till I got that call. Best of luck tomorrow

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

All went well! I posted a detailed account for anyone interested in knowing more about how the combi interview can go. :) 

Good luck everyone!

Outcome

I got my 10 years green card today and I uploaded it as additional evidence for my n400 application. I submitted the n400 application on January 9th this year, and that day, I uploaded my old green card and the extension letters. Should I send a message through the website, to let them know I uploaded today my new 10 years green card? Anyone here with a similar situation? Thanks! 

My oath ceremony is confirmed for 19 April. Got the confirmation this morning less than 24hrs after my interview yesterday. 

Finally have an end date on my immigration journey. Wooo-hoooo! 

:) :) :)

Outcome

Hello! I just sat my N400/i-751 (combi) interview yesterday and the IO asked to see my 2 year GC (I don't have the 10 year one yet). So, given that you've already uploaded the new one and the old one as evidences, I would just bring both with you to interview, along with your extension letter, and leave it at that. 

They put all your paperwork in your file, so it may be in your favour for the IO to only look at essential information. My IO adjudicated my i-751 during my interview time slot, and he made some comments about the thicker the file, the more work it is.

Hope that helps! 

12 hours ago, LizB0322 said:

I got my 10 years green card today and I uploaded it as additional evidence for my n400 application. I submitted the n400 application on January 9th this year, and that day, I uploaded my old green card and the extension letters. Should I send a message through the website, to let them know I uploaded today my new 10 years green card? Anyone here with a similar situation? Thanks! 

Outcome

6 hours ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Hello! I just sat my N400/i-751 (combi) interview yesterday and the IO asked to see my 2 year GC (I don't have the 10 year one yet). So, given that you've already uploaded the new one and the old one as evidences, I would just bring both with you to interview, along with your extension letter, and leave it at that. 

They put all your paperwork in your file, so it may be in your favour for the IO to only look at essential information. My IO adjudicated my i-751 during my interview time slot, and he made some comments about the thicker the file, the more work it is.

Hope that helps! 

Thank you! I hope they see soon that  I uploaded the new green card. It has been at ”uscis is actively reviewing your application ” since January 18th after biometrics.. I don't think they are really actively reviewing it at all 😅😅

Hello! Just an update.. My wife and I went to i751 interview yesterday with pending n400. The interview went very smoothly and officer was very nice & easygoing.. It only took 15 mins, officer said he will recommend for approval for i751 and we should be receiving a green card in 30 days. Also, he said we should receive a interview letter for n 400 soon. During the interview, he took my wife's conditional green card. As of today, online status still shows case was received at local office.. How long it takes to update online status ? Will they transfer our i751 back to Vermont for green card production ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.