2,950 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, HUSHHUSHFAST said:

I am in a kinda crazy situation, where I filled for I751 in August 2016, but never had my case adjudicated so I had to apply for N400 when I became eligible in Aug 2017. They never updated my N400 for one year and a half till last week when they said that my "case has been transfered to my local field office". I do not even know the impact of that. My n400 still shows pending interview, and I am thinking they are going to adjudicate both at the same time, but I do not know. Does anyone have any ideas?

Don’t worry they might working on giving you a schedule for your n400 interview soon. And hopefully they will approved both application at the same time. I wish you luck. ... where is your field office? Mine is in Denver CO

35 minutes ago, Jebee said:

Hi, we had similar situation. I filed N400 while my roc is still pending. My Roc was file back in October of 2016. And on October 2017 I decided to file n400. When I went to my interview in February 14 2018 the officer told me CSC sent my ROC to my local field office as soon as they found out I filed for n400. I passed my interview that time but unfortunately he cannot made a desicion yet because he has to review my roc before he will approve me.             Feb 20 my n400 was approved and they placed me in line for oath. March 2 my status was updated I was scheduled for oath and today I am able to view and print my oath for March 20th 2018. Until now I haven’t heard from my roc and the status online still remain the same which is fees were waived. I hope you’ll get an interview soon. 

Thank you very much. I am just curious, which service center did you? I applied from NE in Aug 2017 and I am still yet to get an interview notice. ALso, you said fee waived, does this mean that you got your I751 fee back?

1 minute ago, HUSHHUSHFAST said:

Thank you very much. I am just curious, which service center did you? I applied from NE in Aug 2017 and I am still yet to get an interview notice. ALso, you said fee waived, does this mean that you got your I751 fee back?

I’m in Denver. I’m not sure about the fees were waived since I didn’t request for that. It might just a uscis’s mistake so don’t know. I had a feeling you will be getting your interview soon. May I ask what is your status online right now?

5 hours ago, Jebee said:

I’m in Denver. I’m not sure about the fees were waived since I didn’t request for that. It might just a uscis’s mistake so don’t know. I had a feeling you will be getting your interview soon. May I ask what is your status online right now?

5 hours ago, Jebee said:

Yeah yours was pretty fast. My status has been online for interview scheduling since October 2017.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
8 hours ago, HUSHHUSHFAST said:

My case is paper based: I filled for I-751 aroundmid August 2016. My I-751 has still not been adjudicated up till this day, and I applied for N400 while waiting. My N400 has been pending interview scheduling since Oct 2017; I have not heard any word from them since. From the 250 calls I placed to them, I was able to gather that, that they moved my I751 to the national benefit center because I applied for citizenship. And just a couple of days ago, I just got information, that my case(I751) has not been transferred to my local USCIS field office.

Honestly, I do not know what this means, if it also means that my N400 was transferred to my local field office too for both cases to adjudicated. Now I am in a limbo. I have been waiting on two applications, one from 2016, and the other one since last year without any  major updates and the USCIS officers never give you any update of any kind, just waste your time mostly. Anyway, I am done ranting. Is any one in the same boat?

The update your got about your 751 probably means nothing, everyone who is waiting for 751 all getting the same thing, I would not look too deep into it, I would just focus on when you are going to get your interview date for 400.

8 hours ago, HUSHHUSHFAST said:

I am in a kinda crazy situation, where I filled for I751 in August 2016, but never had my case adjudicated so I had to apply for N400 when I became eligible in Aug 2017. They never updated my N400 for one year and a half till last week when they said that my "case has been transfered to my local field office". I do not even know the impact of that. My n400 still shows pending interview, and I am thinking they are going to adjudicate both at the same time, but I do not know. Does anyone have any ideas?

I am in the same boat. They have most likely merged your two applications. I got a letter a few months ago confirming officially that my 751 and 400 will be adjudicated at the same time. My interview was scheduled 6 months into my having filed for 400. My interview will be in 3 weeks(on the 26th). It also depends on the field office, some offices are faster than the other. You did the right thing if your goal is 400. You probably won't get your 751 approved until the interview or shortly after the interview, along with the approval of 400. Do not worry, it will be your turn.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
8 hours ago, Jebee said:

Hi, we had similar situation. I filed N400 while my roc is still pending. My Roc was file back in October of 2016. And on October 2017 I decided to file n400. When I went to my interview in February 14 2018 the officer told me CSC sent my ROC to my local field office as soon as they found out I filed for n400. I passed my interview that time but unfortunately he cannot made a desicion yet because he has to review my roc before he will approve me.             Feb 20 my n400 was approved and they placed me in line for oath. March 2 my status was updated I was scheduled for oath and today I am able to view and print my oath for March 20th 2018. Until now I haven’t heard from my roc and the status online still remain the same which is fees were waived. I hope you’ll get an interview soon. 

Congratulations. I think that may happen to me too, but sometimes they do approve two applications on the spot, so anyway, I am glad it is over for you. My interview is in 3 weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Guys,

I have a headache question.I filled my i751 feb 2017 and still pending. I submit my n400 and the estimate time is 9 months. I filled in Dec 2017.

I got my stamp i551 for 6 months, it valids till July this year. I need to apply for Schengen visa this June. Anyone has any experience applying for Schengen visa with their i551? 

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife received a notice online that she has been scheduled for her N400 interview.  We still haven't received the mail notice yet to tell us when, but we were a bit surprised that it happened so quickly considering we just filed her N400 in January 2018. 

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Hi everyone. I'm another filer with both I-751 and N400 in process.

I filed ROC in January 2017 and have heard absolutely nothing since biometrics. I filed N400 in January 2018 and have my interview scheduled for April 3rd. I'm thinking of trying to speak to someone before then to find out wth is happening with my ROC so hopefully they can combine the interviews.

It's reassuring to see others going through the same thing!

1/11/18  N-400 Filed online

36 minutes ago, soapface said:

I filed ROC in January 2017 and have heard absolutely nothing since biometrics. I filed N400 in January 2018 and have my interview scheduled for April 3rd. I'm thinking of trying to speak to someone before then to find out wth is happening with my ROC so hopefully they can combine the interviews.

I had the same situation you’re in. I didn’t inquire about my ROC. I went to my interview and passed. Officer told me he cannot approved my n400 that day because he has to review my ROC first. After 5 days from the day of my interview I was approved and they put me on the queue for oath taking. I will be having my On on the 20th of this month. Good luck 

1 hour ago, Jebee said:

I had the same situation you’re in. I didn’t inquire about my ROC. I went to my interview and passed. Officer told me he cannot approved my n400 that day because he has to review my ROC first. After 5 days from the day of my interview I was approved and they put me on the queue for oath taking. I will be having my On on the 20th of this month. Good luck 

Congratulations! I checked the online status of my ROC and it looks as if it has been transferred to my local office. Fingers crossed they can review it before/during my N400 interview but if not it's no big deal. I can deal with a 5 day delay. Thank you for sharing!

1/11/18  N-400 Filed online

27 minutes ago, soapface said:

Congratulations! I checked the online status of my ROC and it looks as if it has been transferred to my local office. Fingers crossed they can review it before/during my N400 interview but if not it's no big deal. I can deal with a 5 day delay. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks. I submitted mine on 10/23/2017. Biometrics 11/16/2017. Interview scheduled 01/10/2018 (status never went in line). Interview 02/14/2018. Approved and in line for oath 02/20/2018. Oath scheduled 03/02/2018. Oath Ceremony 03/20/2018.

34 minutes ago, soapface said:

There are some that are lucky enough to get an approval on both on their interview too. In my case my officer said he didn’t review my file ahead that’s the reason why I didn’t get approve that day on my interview. Hopefully your will get an approval on your interview instead of waiting. It’d be nice. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I am currently have my I-751 and N-400 pending, I received my interview notice on 2/26/2018 for and interview on 3/27/2018 here in Salt Lake City. I somehow received my I-751 interview notice yesterday directly from the field office for the same time appointment with my N-400 which is normal for a combo interview. But on the I-751 interview notice, they asked me to bring an interpreter that is not a family member who speak both my native language and English which I think that's odd since I speak English lol. My spouse is in the Air Force, so I have no way to find a person that speaks my native language, also I don't even need an interpreter, that is just too funny when I saw that. Anyway, I am looking forward to have this long journey done! 

Timeline
16 hours ago, soapface said:

Most likely they will combine your 751 with 400 for the same day adjudication. Your goal is 400 anyway. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.