3 posts in this topic

first time using this forum. My husband is a Naturalized US citizen. His father worked for the US government outside the US when he was a young child for  4-5 Years, at that time he was residing with his father outside the US in Trinidad. His dad left After some time while he stayed in Trinidad with his mom for school and such. At summer and Christmas and throughout the year he will go over to his dad he always returned for school. He lived in the US for some time of his life from 2005 to 2010. We have two kids together we were Married after the birth of the kids . Is crba the way to go for the kids or should we just go the i130 way? Thanks in advance

10 hours ago, PeroS said:

first time using this forum. My husband is a Naturalized US citizen. His father worked for the US government outside the US when he was a young child for  4-5 Years, at that time he was residing with his father outside the US in Trinidad. His dad left After some time while he stayed in Trinidad with his mom for school and such. At summer and Christmas and throughout the year he will go over to his dad he always returned for school. He lived in the US for some time of his life from 2005 to 2010. We have two kids together we were Married after the birth of the kids . Is crba the way to go for the kids or should we just go the i130 way? Thanks in advance

hey  did  u  mean  cr1  ???  regardless of  what  you    choose you  still need   to    show    w2's  to cover    4   persons   does   he work in   the    us??   or  are   you   all  getting    a    sponser??

He is currently in the US for work. we are doing the cr1 for me but i wanted some information of physical presence  before the age of 14 for him to transmit citizenshipto our kids. I was going over the DS-2029 (CRBA) and saw  this stated on the form.

3. Evidence of the U.S. citizen parent(s)' physical presence or residence in the United States prior to the birth of the child. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to affidavits, school, employment, tax, bank, and medical records, utility bills, rent receipts, or other official public documents. Evidence of time spent abroad working for the U.S. government, U.S. Armed Forces or qualifying international organization, or as a dependent child of a person working abroad for such entities prior to the birth of the child is also acceptable in some cases.

Can we use this as presence before the age of 14 since he lived in Trinidad with his father who worked for the US government for a number of yrs in T&T.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.