Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, dera1234 said:

My mother's brother is our petitioner for family immigration who is a US citizen. We interviewed at the Islamabad embassy in December of 2018. A week after the interview, they send an email asking me to fill DS 5535 for myself. They only asked me to fill up the form although I have been in USA for a while now. Now I am already in US since 2015 on F-1 visa. I graduated last month and now going to be working here in USA on OPT card.
There has been a few updates on our case since interview but nothing substantial. Our medical has expired last month too. I have following questions:

1. Does asking senator to check on our case will help increasing the speed?  No.
2. Now since I am not in college anymore and will be starting working, will i not be considered a dependent child and removed from getting visa through my mom's case? Should I enroll in Masters to get into school again? Would you be doing that just to get a visa?  F-1 is a nonimmigrant visa.
3. Should I ask embassy if my parents visa is approved they should send their passports back while I am undergoing Administrative processing? The consulate will let them know what to do.
4. Anyone who interviewed in Dec in Islamabad got their visa recently? Any advice?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 5/31/2019 at 12:31 AM, Ali70 said:

about three weeks after 2nd medical.

May I ask when they asked for second medical and how many updates you saw after you had submitted second medical before u saw issued. Did u see issued right after the updates or after few weeks?

1 minute ago, Zaras said:

May I ask when they asked for second medical and how many updates you saw after you had submitted second medical before u saw issued. Did u see issued right after the updates or after few weeks?

case stayed on administrative processing for 9 months after first interview and then received email by Islamabad consulate to  submit second medical, we seen the case updated two times in a two week period after submitting second medical and when it updated third time the status on visa tracking website showing "visa issued " instead of administrative processing. 

On 6/1/2019 at 4:43 AM, Momo7 said:

I have been in AP since 9 months now. Not necessary that you get Ds 5535. My interview was on 4th September 2018 n since then i received  no email of ds form or any other requirements. Now on 2nd may i had received  email for second medical.

any updates of your case ? I hope some good news InshAllah

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ali70 said:

yes received passport and arriving in USA this week.

Congratulation good news. May ALLAH bless you and success. Ameen

2 minutes ago, Momo7 said:

Not yet my case was last updated 29th may, and its been 6 weeks now since I submitted my second medical .

InshAllah keep faith and keep praying, you will hesr good news, each case and inquiries are different. Our passport kept at interview that was a good sign, how about yours is your passport kept at interview?

Timeline
On 6/17/2019 at 5:03 PM, Ali70 said:

case stayed on administrative processing for 9 months after first interview and then received email by Islamabad consulate to  submit second medical, we seen the case updated two times in a two week period after submitting second medical and when it updated third time the status on visa tracking website showing "visa issued " instead of administrative processing. 

What time of the day does the visa generally change to issued? I am also asking this question from others who have received their visas? Is it early morning or in the late hours?

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Zaras said:

What time of the day does the visa generally change to issued? I am also asking this question from others who have received their visas? Is it early morning or in the late hours?

morning for us around 10 or 11 am

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.