Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

I have been following this thread for a while now. Can someone help me figure my case out? 

Simple case from my point of view, my husband is Pakistani, we got married and applied for his visa. He’s never traveled before. His name is Hussain so idk if that might be an issue.

Interview was in sept 2018. Everything went smoothly st the interview, the CO told him to upload his nikah namma in Urdu with translation to the CEAC site. He got the 221g doc also. We uploaded the nikah namma the next day. Then he got the questionnaire in October 2018 which we also sent the next day. And then his case went to AP on the visa check site. It was last updated on Jan 25,26,30. 

I have uploaded the white paper.

please let me know what you guys think. Thank you!

FFDDF129-7A96-4D15-B2E5-ECB3AD5F691C.thumb.jpeg.6c78c5a2d1f7187deb529405d7466c97.jpeg

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, paki-guy said:

Hi All,

I'm kind a surprise and also happy because someone just got visa today after 4 months in AP, as I Predicted.

I asked that member to post his experience here, since he inbox me the news. He said yes but once he get the passport in hands.

There is a hope for everyone........

If you are not with your love one today then.....may be next year on.... Valentine Day

Love you Guys..............

Wow! Congrat!.. what a lovely gift...

8 minutes ago, paki-guy said:

Hi, Your case is not as simple as you think. His name is mixing with some bad guys. You were missing one document, but you provided on time. I can help you but I need to know what kind of work he does and his education / degree /majors?

He is a student and just finished his civil engineer diploma. Hes not working right now as he was waiting to come here. Any help is very much appreciated

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AOA, Okay Paki-Guy I was able to attach it here... Interview was on 1/16/19, female, Islamabad. No additional information requested, no emails or calls after interview. dates updated only when we inquired and we were told that case need further processing that is all. 

221g.thumb.jpg.fc2b0e37546fb09b45936d7cbd58ae91.jpg

Timeline

I honestly don't know, all I know is that it went pretty well and at the end the CO just handed her the form and said your case needs further processing and that someone will call her in a week or 2 if they need anything else. They kept all her original documents and passport. I think they pretty much must have asked her direct questions about how they met and all that, She is actually my brother-in-laws niece, this was arranged between families. engagement was in August 2017 when we went to visit Pakistan. They aren't blood related. I know Quetta is a dangerous part of Pakistan and think that might be the reason for them taking so long, but she is an 18 year old female and obviously has no criminal background. Sucks, but I guess a lot of people are stuck in AP and some for a very long time. Thanks for your help!

Timeline

Thanks Paki-Guy, She actually just sent me the questions/answers at the interview:

Why are you going and to whom are you going to in the USA? she said she is engaged and soon will marry, but before marrying she will be staying with her uncle.

Is this a love marriage or arranged? she said arrange through her uncle that lives in USA.

How old are you and your fiance? she said I'm 18 and he is 17. 

Is your fiance a student? yes he is in high school

Does he work somewhere else? He works part time at a store.

Have you guys met in person? Yes we did they came to Pakistan to attend my aunts wedding in August.

Lastly the CO made a comment to her "you both are very young" and then she kept all documents and passport and said we will contact you soon if we need anything else. she asked for the evidence and pictures, which were handed to her at the end. That's all.

Edited by R Mukhtar

On 2/12/2019 at 10:08 PM, paki-guy said:

Hi,

Since you received DS-5535 via e-mail , my prediction date for your visa date change from 02/28/19 to 12-18 months from the day you replied which was  01/29/19. Your name has to cleared from five or six different agencies. That's why you see many updates.

5 or 6 agencies ? For real bro? Kindly tell me how do you know that? 12 to 18 months? Damn thats a long time! 

They ask me to submit child birth certificate i did but then got questionnier.

Any possibility if i get visa before 12 month? Its too much long time bro.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, paki-guy said:

What a lovely interview. CO and me both are convinced. She will be one of few lucky applicants who gets K-1 visa from ISL embassy.

Keep checking their website for the updates I mentioned you before.

Thanks inshaAllah!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, paki-guy said:

No, But I have more knowledge on AP compare to a lawyer.

are you in AP as well? I have been going through this process for almost 2.5 years. I've done all my researched and spoke top lawyers for immigration. I've even received an email from the immigration section in the White house. Everyone's been telling me no one can do anything about it. The security clearance has to be complete in order for a person to receive his/her visa. AP is different for each individual and we can't guess how much time it will take for anyone. The process can take days, months or years. 

This is how my case began: My husband had his interview at the ISB embassy in Pakistan on 08/28/2017. The interview went well with no additional information required. After three days we received an email for ds5535 which we submitted the same day. We have not received any updates since than. My husband owns his own business and has never traveled outside of pakistan. He has never been in trouble with the law and I'm a US Citizen. There were no red flags in our case. The person who took the interview was happy and told us we will call you when you visa is issued. That was it. It is all on Allah to speed up the process. No one can do anything about it except wait and pray. 

Edited by Mia12392

Aasalam o Alikum All, 

I have been following this thread for a long time now. I am stuck in AP since November,14, 2018. And its been 3 months now. I am the principal applicant here and my wife is sponsoring me who is a US citizen. It all started with her being in Japan working as an english teacher so the CO told me to send the proof of domicile for her at the end of the interview with the 221(g)  paper marked with other. Then we started sending them the  proof the best way we can after consulting our attorney. As my wife is gonna leave her job soon nd will be returning to USA at the end of march . We sent the embassy the legal documents of all that for their satisfaction that she maintained her Residence in USA. But suddendly after giving the full proof of domicile,  i got the questionnaire of DS-5535 on 29th of January 2019  from.the embassy through email and I filled that questionnaire and sent back to embassy on 1st of febuary. And after that there are certain case updates on CEAC website which is from 2,4,8,12, and 15th february 2019. 

Can anyone please help me how much time it will take more as its really frustrating for both of us to get stuck in this way.  I dont know if my name is an issue as it is MUHAMMAD HASSAN KHAN.

And I was working there in UAE too as a planning engineer (I am a Civil Engineer)  from may 2017 to june 2018 and I also visited my wife in japan from July 2018  to October 2018. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, paki-guy said:

Yes your name is the real issue here. Your name is striking with some bad guys. Your wife's resident issue is a minor thing.

You have to wait until February 2020.

Sorry Bro....

How can you relate some names with bad guys.. What's the criteria?? You once said if a case with ds5535 gets updates means they are trying to get some info and if no update means still they are working but not getting anything.. Here I am confused.. Can you explain the word Info.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.