Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, faiza said:

hi, my case has been in AP since 4.5 months now for CR1, and there has been no update since past 3 months before that i had 5 updates in 1 month. what should I do. Is it normal if there is no update for so long and also my status has been ready since beginning hasnt changed. 

I don’t think there is any trend. It’s how your case is being handled. We got 7 updAtes after the interview last year in September. The updates died on 18 oct. after that we had 2 updates this month and since January 10, no updates again. 

1 minute ago, paki-guy said:

Updates just mean someone touched your file electronically or physically. Some people got visas after frequent updates while some got it with single or few updates . I can give you an estimate wait time, if you provide more details about your case like Interview  date , DS-5535 email, 221 g etc.

I had my interview on 4th September , after the interview the consular told me that my visa has been approved and i will get a call for my passport, he also gave me the AP page with only the photos ticked on it and told me to get the photos retaken and submit them as i didnt have the accurate size, so i got the photos the same day and submitted them that day, no other documents were requested and i dint get any email for further documents .since then my status is on ready, I inquired the embassy 60 days after and they told me my case is in AP.

3 hours ago, hussain88 said:

Hi,
Does anyone knows a faster way of geting your passport back from the Islamabad embassy? I need to travel and they are replying to my emails.My case is going through AP that can take forever so I emailed them asking my passport back while AP is still going on? Also is it ok to send them multiple emails everyday does that work faster?Thanks

Are u saying they are not replying to ur inquiries? Try calling the embassy and say u just want ur passport back.

3 minutes ago, paki-guy said:

You did not receive any DS-5535 e-mail and look like you are not in true painful AP. According to my calculation you should given visa already. What status  you see on website......AP...... or ......Ready?  Did you drop your picture at embassy gate physically?  Are you a female with simple Pakistani name?  

My status is on ready since the beginning, Yes I had given the pictures same day by myself at the same place where my interview took place. Yes my husband has applied for my visa.

Just now, paki-guy said:

There is something wrong in your case. But it is a minor issue. May be your file stuck in IV Section manager desk or a lazy CO desk. Don't' worry because you are not in real AP. Tell your husband to contact his Federal senator office and ask them to follow up. Remember, there are two senator from each state. When federal senator will inquire about your case with embassy via e-mail, they will work on your file and then you will get visa in 60 days IA

Okay thank you I will do that

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

No, he was told that they don't believe in internet relationships.  He was not given any paper when he left the embassy.  We did not even know we were under AP.  But I called NVC to find out what was going on and was told our case was under AP.  

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Muzammil said:

I don’t think there is any trend. It’s how your case is being handled. We got 7 updAtes after the interview last year in September. The updates died on 18 oct. after that we had 2 updates this month and since January 10, no updates again. 

Muzammil your recent update was on its own or because you sent an inquiry?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Veseem said:

No, he was told that they don't believe in internet relationships.  He was not given any paper when he left the embassy.  We did not even know we were under AP.  But I called NVC to find out what was going on and was told our case was under AP.  

It will be in AP until they complete the paperwork for return.   Ours was in AP for about a month before the status changed to returned to NVC.   It's not uncommon for him to not get a paper.  You can see however if a congressman can notify them on your behalf to get the status.  We got a notification from the embassy through our senator of the return of our petition but they won't give you much information as to why.

Internet relationship won't be the only reason for the refusal that coupled with how many visits you have had among other things.  You'll need to document the interview and come up with a plan for your next course of action.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi again!!!  Our case was updated again on 01/23.  It still says READY.  I called NVC to get more info.  They told me we are still under AP.  Not sure what to think now.  

Hi friends.

ADMINISTRATION PROCESSING. 

On 17 i had interview and requested to provide my son birth certificate which i submitted back.today they updated my case status and i got email at same time with tons of requirements. I am confused again where my case is going and why they asking much stuff again on email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.