Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Just now, paki-guy said:

Before I answerer your question I need one information regarding your student visa. Then I can give you the correct answerer. How long ago you got your student visa?  Did they putt you in AP after student visa interview? If yes how long you were in AP?

I got my F1 student visa 3 ago and its still valid as I'm in final year of my college.Meanwhile our F31 petition got approved so I came back to Pakistan for interview.Our interview was on 12th dec 2018 and they emailed me ds5535 on 17th decemeber.Its been in processing since a month now.Thanks

5 minutes ago, paki-guy said:

You mean 3 years ago? right. Were you in AP 3 years ago for student visa? This is very important to know if you were in AP 3 years ago for student visa.

When I applied for F1 visa I was in AP for 3 months before I received my sudent visa.Now for F31 visa I have been AP for 1 month.I went to US 3 years ago to pursue my college while our family immigration was in process but our case wasn't approved until a year ago and we got a call for interview 1 month ago for F31

Edited by hussain88

1 hour ago, Luvs2Travel said:

You have to give more information what's checked/not checked on the paper you got. If CO highlighted "Evidence of economic solvency" then most probably he/she must have checked whether you need a co-sponsor. If CO checked "Administrative Processing" then it can take days/months or even years. Try to upload your docs as soon as you can.

How to submit all of my document's? Can you please tell me yhe details? My second question is Do i need to submit orignal documents to embassy or they take color copies as well? 

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Moon.boy said:

How to submit all of my document's? Can you please tell me yhe details? My second question is Do i need to submit orignal documents to embassy or they take color copies as well? 

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk/pk-iv-221ginfo.asp

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk/pk-niv-documentsubmissioninfo.asp

Remove your case number from top of the 221g document that CO gave you and upload here. People here have gone through this process and they can help you determine which docs you need to send.

Edited by Luvs2Travel

1 hour ago, Luvs2Travel said:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk/pk-iv-221ginfo.asp

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk/pk-niv-documentsubmissioninfo.asp

Remove your case number from top of the 221g document that CO gave you and upload here. People here have gone through this process and they can help you determine which docs you need to send.

Thanks for reply.

I dont have a scanner atm and i am posting a half page of 221(g) form. They checked on birthcertificate and mentioned child. On other side they didnt check mark anything .the confusion is that evidence of economic solvency is hilghlighted with yellow mark,so do i have to submit the paper highlighted by yellow mark as well? Or i have to only submite the paper with check sign? Detailed information would be appreciated.

20190117_225434.pdf

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Moon.boy said:

Thanks for reply.

I dont have a scanner atm and i am posting a half page of 221(g) form. They checked on birthcertificate and mentioned child. On other side they didnt check mark anything .the confusion is that evidence of economic solvency is hilghlighted with yellow mark,so do i have to submit the paper highlighted by yellow mark as well? Or i have to only submite the paper with check sign? Detailed information would be appreciated.

20190117_225434.pdf

Sure no problem. It's weird that nothing is checked under "Evidence of Economic Solvency". You should log into https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx using your case number and receipt number and see if there are any further instructions there. Is your petitioner sponsoring your or there is a co-sponsor. If sponsor files joint return, sometimes I864-A is also needed from sponsor's spouse. As far as birth certificate is concerned, I believe you will have to send the original one after following instructions from usatravedocs. Colored photocopy will not work. It will be returned to you along with your passport.

The embassy has my husband's passport. His passport will expire in August. And from what I know, one should have at least 6 months before the expiration date in order to get a visa. Should I contact Islamabad embassy in February? Like how would we renew the passport? Thank you in advance!

16 hours ago, Luvs2Travel said:

Sure no problem. It's weird that nothing is checked under "Evidence of Economic Solvency". You should log into https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx using your case number and receipt number and see if there are any further instructions there. Is your petitioner sponsoring your or there is a co-sponsor. If sponsor files joint return, sometimes I864-A is also needed from sponsor's spouse. As far as birth certificate is concerned, I believe you will have to send the original one after following instructions from usatravedocs. Colored photocopy will not work. It will be returned to you along with your passport.

Thank you so much. I will update by time when i have some more information.

14 hours ago, paki-guy said:

You just need to upload your son's birth certificate as directed and may be send the original via Amex if instructed. I reviewed your 221 (g) and many others and notice that they always highlighted both paragraph right and left top. You don't need to worry about financial documents. Nothing is checked on  right paragraph.

just upload birth certificate and send the original if instructed. You will get visa on 2/28/19 or before IA.

Thanks for reply Sir.

How to upload birth certificate online any link ?

2 hours ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

The embassy has my husband's passport. His passport will expire in August. And from what I know, one should have at least 6 months before the expiration date in order to get a visa. Should I contact Islamabad embassy in February? Like how would we renew the passport? Thank you in advance!

He can request to embassy to have his passport back. He must go to passport office on urgent base and make a new one and paste both passport together. On visa approval embassy would ask for passport back. Its simple process must make a new passport as soon as possible.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Moon.boy said:

Thanks for reply Sir.

How to upload birth certificate online any link ?

You are welcome. I don't think you can upload the birth certificate. I could be wrong. According to usatraveldocs, here is the process. Looks like you are in Peshawar. Go visit Visa Services Department,
PIA Main Office, #33, The Mall, Arbab Road, Peshawar. They can also help you further.

Step 1

Click here to print a Document Submission Letter. Print 2 copies. Complete the checklist manually.

Step 2

Go to the nearest Collection Centre. Take your 221(g) submission slip, the 221(g) letter given to you at the Embassy or Consulate, and all documents requested in your 221(g) letter.

Step 3

Drop-off your documents and the 221(g) submission slip at the Collection Centre. Collection Centre will acknowledge the 221(g) submission slip for you to keep for your records.

Step 4

Collection Centre delivers your documents to the Embassy or Consulate.

Step 5

Collection Centre returns your documents and your passport to you at your chosen document delivery pickup location. If issued, your passport will contain your visa. You may also receive a new 221(g) letter

24 minutes ago, Luvs2Travel said:

You are welcome. I don't think you can upload the birth certificate. I could be wrong. According to usatraveldocs, here is the process. Looks like you are in Peshawar. Go visit Visa Services Department,
PIA Main Office, #33, The Mall, Arbab Road, Peshawar. They can also help you further.

Step 1

Click here to print a Document Submission Letter. Print 2 copies. Complete the checklist manually.

Step 2

Go to the nearest Collection Centre. Take your 221(g) submission slip, the 221(g) letter given to you at the Embassy or Consulate, and all documents requested in your 221(g) letter.

Step 3

Drop-off your documents and the 221(g) submission slip at the Collection Centre. Collection Centre will acknowledge the 221(g) submission slip for you to keep for your records.

Step 4

Collection Centre delivers your documents to the Embassy or Consulate.

Step 5

Collection Centre returns your documents and your passport to you at your chosen document delivery pickup location. If issued, your passport will contain your visa. You may also receive a new 221(g) letter

Bundle of thanks for providing detailed information.

Hello friends.

I checked my status today on 19 jan it was showing 12 january on case udpate and VISA ISSUED i become so excited for a while,then after a few seconds later i login back to case tracking and then it has changed back to addministrative process and last updated shown 18 january 2019.

Was it a glitch? 

35 minutes ago, Moon.boy said:

Hello friends.

I checked my status today on 19 jan it was showing 12 january on case udpate and VISA ISSUED i become so excited for a while,then after a few seconds later i login back to case tracking and then it has changed back to addministrative process and last updated shown 18 january 2019.

Was it a glitch? 

Sorry my bad i enterd wrong case number. Pardon 🤣🤣

Hi,
Does anyone knows a faster way of geting your passport back from the Islamabad embassy? I need to travel and they are replying to my emails.My case is going through AP that can take forever so I emailed them asking my passport back while AP is still going on? Also is it ok to send them multiple emails everyday does that work faster?Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.