Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Zaib212 said:

I would send them inquiry just to let them know that i did submit documents just FYI.. if they see it then they may response you to wait 60 days, and don't you submit the documents through courier service with original sig? or they advise you to submit through website?

The CO did not say me to courier that document..They advice me to submit that document on ceac website..actually they gave me a white paper and mark with red pen ..it is mention on that white paper that u have to upload that document on ceac website only...Do you have any idea how much time they take..beacause i didnot know that they check my case or not ...because there is no case status update on my case..

8 hours ago, arrhythmia said:

Hi Silverhawk,

thanks for your reply, last week on Friday we received another vague email saying your passport is being returned. We went to their Dropbox center. They sent my wife’s passport with another 221g form asking for the same document which we already submitted 3 weeks ago. The document collection center employee was also confused. We had an extra original copy (luckily my wife had asked for 2 of them) of PCC which we submitted along with her passport right then. The employee asked me to send email to support at the consulate. Today I received a phone call from the consulate apologizing for the error and explaining that they don’t need new PCC. They also send an email. Since then my status went from READY back to AP. This is so confusing and annoying. What does this mean? Any idea ? 

hi arrhy,

can you explain in a bit more detail with clarity; did they denied spouse visa outright, or still considering and processing case? if i was on your side, i should have called embassy to figure out in black/white that "your given response is unclear so please advise what is your final decision, YEA or NAE? which is not clear from your communique". so better seek clarity and let know.

members,

there are many changes (or developments) going on with executive orders of mr. trump in immigration and naturalization process. does anybody keeping close eye on these developments or changes? as how it could affect? has anybody consulted with lawyers or legal attorneys (to avoid unnecessary pitfalls) in immigration process till smooth transition to naturalization. please share your knowledge, experience and insight that might save dime / time for readers. we all are destined to same country (but don't have much knowledge about their laws) so some of you might have thorough knowledge as living there or with access to lawyer that explained actual intent of law with much clarity, that could help us all to understand and obey. so please share and be active,  a wise said:

share your knowledge it is a way to achieve immortality. - dalai lama

Edited by silverhawk
improved continuity

34 minutes ago, arrhythmia said:

Hi Silverhawk,

My wife’s visa was never denied it was refused for administrative processing 221g. But they never asked for any documents. When they called me they said they have all the necessary paperwork and don’t need any more paperwork. I was concerned because after the call the status changed from Ready back to AP. Today morning I checked and I couldn’t believe it my status is changed to Issued . I am so excited Alhamdulillah 😀😀😀😀😀 I called to check and they said yes your visa was issued! Now have to wait for the passport to be returned do you guys know how much time it takes for passport to be returned after stamping with all the other paperwork?

Finally the journey has come to an end. We filed her petition in November 2016 so almost 20 months total. Our AP was for 3.5 months initially then stayed Ready after they requested fresh Police clearance and passport for a month until yesterday when It turned to AP and now Issued! Praise be to the Almighty!  now booking tickets .

D0A83EFC-8C6C-417F-80EC-04C65B9B16B2.jpeg

hi arrhythmia, heartiest congratulations! whenever i read that somebody in forum getting status changed "issued" from "administrative processing / ready" feel that their wait is over and patience well rewarded. some people get visa issued in matter of days, some in matter of months and some in years which is fairly not in out control. good luck to long journey ahead, wishing prosperity and higher luck towards naturalization. best :)

Edited by silverhawk

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 hours ago, Babar s said:

The CO did not say me to courier that document..They advice me to submit that document on ceac website..actually they gave me a white paper and mark with red pen ..it is mention on that white paper that u have to upload that document on ceac website only...Do you have any idea how much time they take..beacause i didnot know that they check my case or not ...because there is no case status update on my case..

oh ok then things must be changes now. because before i had to sent it through courier. once you submit documents it take up to 60 days to review so now give them at least 2 months. hope you get response sooner. wait 2 months then follow up with them.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
18 hours ago, numlian said:

Thankx.my younger brothers were on AP for almost 2 years.then status changed from AP to Refused,then embassy requested for updated documents.they submitted all requested docs and embassy has changed their date twice but still status is Refused.waiting for Issued status .....

hope they issue your bro visa once soon they review documents and meet criteria.  good luck

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Zaib212 said:

hope they issue your bro visa once soon they review documents and meet criteria.  good luck

Hope so..... Normally how long they take to review?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 24/07/2018 at 3:42 PM, Zaib212 said:

Dear zaib plz send me us Islamabad email id.I know about inquiry form.but I need their email id.if u got any plz send to me.thankx

On 7/6/2018 at 12:15 AM, M.R123 said:

They did reply back but with their auto-generated response stating: "Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case.  Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws.  We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience." 

JazakAllah for your kind prayers :).  May Allah help us all get through these hard times and may we all be reunited with our loved ones, Ameen.  I will keep you all updated on the progress of my case.    

Hey any updates on your case.. did you get the visa?

3 hours ago, S.S said:

Hey any updates on your case.. did you get the visa?

Hi, the last update I had was on the 18th of July and unfortunately still no visa; August 15th will mark a year and two months since AP and it's almost four months since my husband's second medical. It's almost 2.5 years since I filed I130 to sponsor my husband.

Any updates on your end?  

2 minutes ago, M.R123 said:

Hi, the last update I had was on the 18th of July and unfortunately still no visa; August 15th will mark a year and two months since AP and it's almost four months since my husband's second medical. It's almost 2.5 years since I filed I130 to sponsor my husband.

Any updates on your end?  

No updates.. not even a change in date.. it alteady took us 2 years after 1-130. I dont know know how long will it take now after submitting  DS5535. My medical is going to expire in August.

33 minutes ago, S.S said:

No updates.. not even a change in date.. it alteady took us 2 years after 1-130. I dont know know how long will it take now after submitting  DS5535. My medical is going to expire in August.

Unfortunately, we are all helpless at this point in time 😥, there are no words (other than ISSUE) that could ease our pain.  The embassy asked for 2nd medical four months after my husband's first medical expired.  I would suggest to contact the embassy and just remind them (even if it doesn't matter to them) that your medical is about to expire, I did exactly that and I also contacted my Senators Case Manager to keep him up to date with everything.  All we can do is make every effort in our power and leave the rest up to Allah.     

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.