Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 hours ago, warraich02 said:

US Embassy is part of the American System.   People who work inside the Embassy are employees of the US Government who work there on rotational bases. 

You are right, we were not stuck with two years wait; our visa took more than two years (about 26 months).   I am a US Government employee, I work for DHS.  My family and I have been through extensive and exhaustive background check before I got hired on, which is part of the normal hiring process,  but it still took more than two years for our visa to be issued.  Because it was a personal matter, government ethics rules prevented me from using official channels to conduct inquiry.  But I always had faith in the system as I am part of it. 

No, I do not know everything about everything but I know more about the system than you could ever imagine.  And for that reason, I ask that you have faith in it!

You are right about people who work at the embassy. However, I am also a US Government employee, I work for the Department of Commerce. I have been through extensive background checks before I got hired as well. This has nothing to do with security checks after a certain period of time. But what you can say is that the embassy might be backlogged and therefore are delaying individuals cases. I've also heard they tend to misplace peoples files. When my husband went in for his interview, he had to wait three hours because the CO's couldn't find his file. His interview was at 9 AM and they found the file at 12:00 PM, which was lunch time and all the CO's disappeared except one who was not in a good mood. He was very rude because I guess he was hungry and couldn't take his lunch break due to THEM misplacing my husbands documents. After the interview was conducted the CO called my husband again because "they didn't get his fingerprints". I felt like that was very unprofessional of them to make a person go through all that. The system needs to step up their game. That's all I'm saying as I have witnessed all of this. 

And for you to tell me you know everything about the system then I could ever imagine. Then that is where you're wrong, buddy!  

Timeline

I don't agree that they are trying to make our lives more miserable.   The ones you should be upset with are the ones who have committed fraud from Pakistan causing the ones who are innocent to go through unfair hardships.   I believe the Embassy is doing their best to protect America but may not have the right tools/resources to do so and are dealing with government agencies that have been corrupted.  Some of these tactics may be the best option.  

As far as the CO's they are dealing with applicants on a daily basis I'm sure they get their fair share of attitudes, unprepared beneficiaries and like any job can just be having a bad day.   Sometimes dealing with people can be emotionally draining even when you love your job.

This journey has taught me alot....There are some days I am full of anger others I'm just sad and ones full of hope.  Just have faith all will be OK InshaAllah!

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I don't agree that they are trying to make our lives more miserable.   The ones you should be upset with are the ones who have committed fraud from Pakistan causing the ones who are innocent to go through unfair hardships.   I believe the Embassy is doing their best to protect America but may not have the right tools/resources to do so and are dealing with government agencies that have been corrupted.  Some of these tactics may be the best option.  

As far as the CO's they are dealing with applicants on a daily basis I'm sure they get their fair share of attitudes, unprepared beneficiaries and like any job can just be having a bad day.   Sometimes dealing with people can be emotionally draining even when you love your job.

This journey has taught me alot....There are some days I am full of anger others I'm just sad and ones full of hope.  Just have faith all will be OK InshaAllah!

Inshallah !! Love the support. How long have you been in AP? 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Mia12392 said:

Inshallah !! Love the support. How long have you been in AP? 

We were in AP since December 2017 but then the embassy returned our case to USCIS.  We received a NOIR which I submitted a rebuttal and the case was reaffirmed.  Now its on its way back to NVC.  Inshallah we'll have another interview in a few months.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 hours ago, Mia12392 said:

You are right about people who work at the embassy. However, I am also a US Government employee, I work for the Department of Commerce. I have been through extensive background checks before I got hired as well.

Thank you for your service! And I sincerely mean it!

This has nothing to do with security checks after a certain period of time.

This has everything to do with security check.  In fact, it’s a matter of national security.

But what you can say is that the embassy might be backlogged and therefore are delaying individuals cases. I've also heard they tend to misplace peoples files. When my husband went in for his interview, he had to wait three hours because the CO's couldn't find his file. His interview was at 9 AM and they found the file at 12:00 PM, which was lunch time and all the CO's disappeared except one who was not in a good mood. He was very rude because I guess he was hungry and couldn't take his lunch break due to THEM misplacing my husbands documents. After the interview was conducted the CO called my husband again because "they didn't get his fingerprints". I felt like that was very unprofessional of them to make a person go through all that. The system needs to step up their game. That's all I'm saying as I have witnessed all of this. 

People misplace documents sometimes but its not a norm.  Every month hundreds and thousands of visas are successfully processed.  If you felt the officer was rude to your husband, you should’ve asked to speak to supervisor to make a formal complaint and should’ve followed up through POC.   Your husband was called again to submit his fingerprints ß I don’t see the point you trying to make there? I mean what was the issue with walking a few steps to submit fresh fingerprints? It’s a quick and painless process.  When you arrive at the Embassy for your visa processing, you are expected to spend quite a bit of time there.  Its not like if your interview is at 9:00, you can just walk in at 8:50 and expect to that Officer is waiting on you and you are done by 9:30 or so.  That is not how it goes; you have to be realistic about time as the resources are severely limited.  There are people who have been called multiple times to submit fresh fingerprints. Nobody is claiming it is a perfect system.  There are too many moving parts to it.  

Unfortunately, and I don’t mean that in a negative way, for some people,  when they get married to US citizens in Pakistan, they often, mentally, checkout of Pakistan the moment nikkah is performed.  They are already thinking of the life ahead.  I don’t blame anybody for doing that.  But you have to be realistic, you have to allow the system to work, you have to take into account the factors that are not in your control that could effect your ability to reunite with your spouse in the United States.

And for you to tell me you know everything about the system then I could ever imagine. Then that is where you're wrong, buddy!  

Nope, I did not say I know everything about the system, I said I know more about the system then you can ever imagine.  Unless you have worked for DHS before, you cant possible know more than me.  

I don’t recall playing basketball with you or hanging out with you, for that matter, so I find it odd that you would call me a “buddy”

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 hours ago, silverhawk said:

and finally, for our much clarity, does dhs checks for criminal background of applicants, or more than that, or complete in view of provided documents including eligibility of acceptance of application. 

First of all, pardon my ignorance sir as i dont work for immigration.  DHS is huge and diverse; i work for one of the 22 components that come under DHS.  I dont know the answer to your question and even if I did, i would not comment on it beyond whats publicly available.  I hope things work out for you!

14 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

responses inline to your comments:

I don't agree that they are trying to make our lives more miserable. The ones you should be upset with are the ones who have committed fraud from Pakistan causing the ones who are innocent to go through unfair hardships. 

generalizing and assumptions are not much helpful here. if someone from here, pakistan, has done deliberate fraud with US Consular Officer so it does not implies that all applicants are fraud and misrepresenting. so lets be fair, US people are not angels either, -very society have such people so don't put stigma specifically on our nation in future.

I believe the Embassy is doing their best to protect America but may not have the right tools/resources to do so and are dealing with government agencies that have been corrupted.  Some of these tactics may be the best option.

whatever they feel is better to figure out potential threat for their society, people and national interest; they have every right to do due diligence and background checks of applicants. it should be time bound, no unlimited. immigration is life changing decision and take several years afterwards to settle down and merge with in new society.

As far as the CO's they are dealing with applicants on a daily basis I'm sure they get their fair share of attitudes, unprepared beneficiaries and like any job can just be having a bad day. Sometimes dealing with people can be emotionally draining even when you love your job.

a wise saying that, two wrongs never make one right. these days most jobs are stressful despite automation and ease of information availability. in my humble opinion it is not like that one fine day CO call applicants to appear for an interview and then jump start processing given case. before calling for an interview, they thoroughly familiarize with case, family background, applicant background, whereabouts, preliminary security background checks and prepare ahead of an interview (i.e. what need to ask while interview, discrepancies in an applicant submitted documents, preliminary intelligence gathering on applicants from independent sources, cross verification of answers) because they don't trust our any systems, people and provided documents much. so being humble wont cost much in a interview process because when emotions run high it leads to complications. i was sick and had mild fever on interview day, but CO doesn't allowed me to sit and have water to drink for considerable time, and he was so rude and upset in interview that i was feeling like a convicted criminal.

Process can be good or bad, but behavior in dealing with people and generalizing everyone as criminal, is a problem need to address,

Timeline
On 7/14/2018 at 6:26 AM, silverhawk said:

responses inline to your comments:

I don't agree that they are trying to make our lives more miserable. The ones you should be upset with are the ones who have committed fraud from Pakistan causing the ones who are innocent to go through unfair hardships. 

generalizing and assumptions are not much helpful here. if someone from here, pakistan, has done deliberate fraud with US Consular Officer so it does not implies that all applicants are fraud and misrepresenting. so lets be fair, US people are not angels either, -very society have such people so don't put stigma specifically on our nation in future.

I believe the Embassy is doing their best to protect America but may not have the right tools/resources to do so and are dealing with government agencies that have been corrupted.  Some of these tactics may be the best option.

whatever they feel is better to figure out potential threat for their society, people and national interest; they have every right to do due diligence and background checks of applicants. it should be time bound, no unlimited. immigration is life changing decision and take several years afterwards to settle down and merge with in new society.

As far as the CO's they are dealing with applicants on a daily basis I'm sure they get their fair share of attitudes, unprepared beneficiaries and like any job can just be having a bad day. Sometimes dealing with people can be emotionally draining even when you love your job.

a wise saying that, two wrongs never make one right. these days most jobs are stressful despite automation and ease of information availability. in my humble opinion it is not like that one fine day CO call applicants to appear for an interview and then jump start processing given case. before calling for an interview, they thoroughly familiarize with case, family background, applicant background, whereabouts, preliminary security background checks and prepare ahead of an interview (i.e. what need to ask while interview, discrepancies in an applicant submitted documents, preliminary intelligence gathering on applicants from independent sources, cross verification of answers) because they don't trust our any systems, people and provided documents much. so being humble wont cost much in a interview process because when emotions run high it leads to complications. i was sick and had mild fever on interview day, but CO doesn't allowed me to sit and have water to drink for considerable time, and he was so rude and upset in interview that i was feeling like a convicted criminal.

Process can be good or bad, but behavior in dealing with people and generalizing everyone as criminal, is a problem need to address,

You are correct it doesn't imply that all are, I'm married to an amazing man and have met others who are almost as amazing as him but in hindsight  there are in fact too many fraudulent cases because of these cases it affects the general consensus.  It makes the process more intense than it would otherwise need to be.

I agree but we can also go back to your first comment about generalizing....we are in fact all human.

Timeline
5 hours ago, silverhawk said:

to be, or not be... how mandamus works! who is eligible to file in which circumstances? below is a short good read.

https://www.shusterman.com/mandamus-uscis/

Although in most cases in results in a denial it has worked out to benefit those who are in AP for a year or more to get things moving, eventually get answers and the case get moving again.   

AP is like a black hole....we don't know what happens while it is in place and why it sometimes takes so long..sometimes a denial is better than hearing nothing at all.  

Its what you feel is best for your case.

I was in the process of filing a FOIA after our embassy refusal but it all happened faster than I anticipated.  We are now waiting for interview #2.

A quick update

My sister had interview on 14th March 2018 and she got 221g checked with new joint sponsor.. She mailed twice to embassy but got same reply that you need to submit new joint sponsor. Her last update on ceas was on 4th June which was itself and she kept checking meanwhile but couldn't arrange new joint sponsor.. Today on 16th July ceas shows her visa issued.... 🙂 Quite a strange thing.. Hy na 

IMG_20180716_174912.jpg

Edited by Munazza

1 hour ago, Munazza said:

A quick update

My sister had interview on 14th March 2018 and she got 221g checked with new joint sponsor.. She mailed twice to embassy but got same reply that you need to submit new joint sponsor. Her last update on ceas was on 4th June which was itself and she kept checking meanwhile but couldn't arrange new joint sponsor.. Today on 16th July ceas shows her visa issued.... 🙂 Quite a strange thing.. Hy na 

IMG_20180716_174912.jpg

congratulations, and good luck for you sister. hope that you are next in queue. don't worry and start packing your bags too. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.