Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Munazza said:

Actually I was asking from Zara whose husband got visa last month after almost an year.. I am still in AP since Feb 7th 2018 

Oops my question was also for her. I am also in AP since March 6th 2018. I see only few getting visas that also after so much waiting time :(

Hi everyone, I've been following this forum for over 8 months but have never shared my experience with being in Administrative Processing.  I have been in I130 visa journey for over 2 years.  I sponsored my husband in 2016 and everything went very smoothly up until after my husband's interview.  My husband had his interview on June 15th, 2017 and after his interview, the counselor gave him a piece of paper asking for further documents (it was basically a way to put the case in "administrative processing") and a few days after my husbands interview he received an email asking to fill out personal questions (essentially for background check).  Long story short, the embassy asked for a new medical exam on April 2018 and after a few weeks of submitting the new medical we had consistent updates (strangely we had an update on a Sunday).  However, it'll be 3 months since my husband's new medical exam and we are still waiting!  I have even contacted my senator and his personal assistant has been inquiring since November 2017 but unfortunately, it seems as though they don't have much power when it comes to all of this.  However, I do still encourage you all to involve your senators so they are aware of the problems with the immigration process and you never know it can help in some way.  I wish you all the best of luck; this is a very stressful time we are all going through but all we can do is pray and hope to get out of this dreadful process very soon! 

13 hours ago, M.R123 said:

Hi everyone, I've been following this forum for over 8 months but have never shared my experience with being in Administrative Processing.  I have been in I130 visa journey for over 2 years.  I sponsored my husband in 2016 and everything went very smoothly up until after my husband's interview.  My husband had his interview on June 15th, 2017 and after his interview, the counselor gave him a piece of paper asking for further documents (it was basically a way to put the case in "administrative processing") and a few days after my husbands interview he received an email asking to fill out personal questions (essentially for background check).  Long story short, the embassy asked for a new medical exam on April 2018 and after a few weeks of submitting the new medical we had consistent updates (strangely we had an update on a Sunday).  However, it'll be 3 months since my husband's new medical exam and we are still waiting!  I have even contacted my senator and his personal assistant has been inquiring since November 2017 but unfortunately, it seems as though they don't have much power when it comes to all of this.  However, I do still encourage you all to involve your senators so they are aware of the problems with the immigration process and you never know it can help in some way.  I wish you all the best of luck; this is a very stressful time we are all going through but all we can do is pray and hope to get out of this dreadful process very soon! 

Oh i have never heard of 3rd medical from the embassy. Hopefully you will get the visa very soon now. Wish you all the best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
17 hours ago, M.R123 said:

Hey what country did your husband have his interview in?

4 hours ago, S.S said:

Oh i have never heard of 3rd medical from the embassy. Hopefully you will get the visa very soon now. Wish you all the best.

His 2nd medical expiration date is after 2 years. Thank you!

28 minutes ago, Mia12392 said:

Hey what country did your husband have his interview in?

His interview was in Islamabad. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, M.R123 said:

His 2nd medical expiration date is after 2 years. Thank you!

His interview was in Islamabad. 

i can relate to you. The same exact thing happened to my husband. His interview was August 28, 2017 and couple days later we received a questionnaire for personal information. Ever since then we haven't heard back from the embassy, it's been 10 months and 5 days. I hoping they ask for his second medial soon.  

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
18 hours ago, M.R123 said:

I would wait until his 2nd medical is about to expire. I notice few of the case over here, they make decision almost when the 2nd medical is about to expire but again depend on the officer plus they have backlog cases, so i would wait another couples of month until your 2nd medical about to expire and lets see what they response you. Hope and pray that you get response soon. You are lucky you got 2nd medical, here are some people that never got 2nd medical and has been in AP for almost 1 year.

On 7/3/2018 at 1:17 AM, Zara jahanzaib said:

No he didn’t act his visa issue 11 june 2018 and expierd 11 july coz his medical expired 12 july 

Did your husband submit all medical reports 2nd time or he kept Xray and CD to give it later. The embassy asked me to keep the CD and Xray report to me and took just one report.

21 hours ago, Mia12392 said:

i can relate to you. The same exact thing happened to my husband. His interview was August 28, 2017 and couple days later we received a questionnaire for personal information. Ever since then we haven't heard back from the embassy, it's been 10 months and 5 days. I hoping they ask for his second medial soon.  

Hopefully, the embassy asks for your husband's second medical.  My husband received an email for second medical exactly 10 months and 10 days after his interview.   

21 hours ago, Zaib212 said:

I would wait until his 2nd medical is about to expire. I notice few of the case over here, they make decision almost when the 2nd medical is about to expire but again depend on the officer plus they have backlog cases, so i would wait another couples of month until your 2nd medical about to expire and lets see what they response you. Hope and pray that you get response soon. You are lucky you got 2nd medical, here are some people that never got 2nd medical and has been in AP for almost 1 year.

Hopefully we can all get out this stressful process and are reunited with our loved ones.  I noticed I had a lot of updates after I came back from visiting my husband in Pakistan and a month after coming back my husband received the email for a new medical.  I pray that your Senator can help speed up the process for you parents case.          

28 minutes ago, M.R123 said:

Hopefully we can all get out this stressful process and are reunited with our loved ones.  I noticed I had a lot of updates after I came back from visiting my husband in Pakistan and a month after coming back my husband received the email for a new medical.  I pray that your Senator can help speed up the process for you parents case.          

Did you inform/ email the embassy when you were about to visit Pak to meet your husband? I am asking because my husband is also about to come soon and i want him to inform the embassy. 

23 hours ago, S.S said:

Did you inform/ email the embassy when you were about to visit Pak to meet your husband? I am asking because my husband is also about to come soon and i want him to inform the embassy. 

I did inform the embassy that I was in Pakistan and would be more than happy to provide them with any information they may need and I also sent them some new pics of my husband and I as we were out and about in Pakistan.  I also informed my Senator's personal assistant that I was in Pakistan visiting my husband.  As I was traveling back to the U.S. I had consistent updates from the day I was on the flight up until 2-3 days after I got back to the States.         

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.