Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Unfortunately with this forum (especially with the some of the heavy posters) they run with information they hear in the forum and push Repeat.  

Please feel free to set us straight then, if those are not factors in the long and common APs for Pakistani applicants.  Or are you saying there are not disproportionate rates of AP amongst Pakistanis?

31 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Please feel free to set us straight then, if those are not factors in the long and common APs for Pakistani applicants.  Or are you saying there are not disproportionate rates of AP amongst Pakistanis?

You’re from New Zealand. Why are you posting on a forum for Pakistanis lol 

9 minutes ago, Thunder93 said:

You’re from New Zealand. Why are you posting on a forum for Pakistanis lol 

I'm not from New Zealand.  I'm free to post in any forum on Visa Journey, as is everyone.  🙂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Interesting.  Then why are so many Pakistanis in prolonged AP, as compared with other applicants?   What is your theory?  Just bad luck?  So am I incorrect that the state department does not require a PCC from Pakistani applicants, because the systems in place cannot be trusted?  

No one has a 'right' to immigrate to the US.  USCs and LPRS have the 'right' to petition for certain family members.  

It's not bad luck. USCIS needs to revisit how they process cases from Pakistan because the system has changed. The reasoning they use (and apparently what youre using) doesn't make sense. I worked at a security firm as a software developer. There is absolutely no way it takes a year to process a background check for an individual from any country. Call it bad luck or whatever you want but it's just not right. What you need to stop doing is regurgitating the same unhelpful information over and over in different forums. It's not constructive in any way. 

10 hours ago, Ikhan said:

It's not bad luck. USCIS needs to revisit how they process cases from Pakistan because the system has changed. The reasoning they use (and apparently what youre using) doesn't make sense. I worked at a security firm as a software developer. There is absolutely no way it takes a year to process a background check for an individual from any country. Call it bad luck or whatever you want but it's just not right. What you need to stop doing is regurgitating the same unhelpful information over and over in different forums. It's not constructive in any way. 

It’s not the USCIS process.  It’s department of state.   And the info is repeated by me and others because so many come here inquiring about the same things over and over again, rather than reading the forums and doing their own research.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

The fact of the matter is No-one knows the answer as to why someone goes into AP or what they do to a case in the black hole..No-one.  Its just all a guess you won't get actual details of it anywhere.  Any of those items could be a factor but they are also factors in other countries and are definitely disproportionate.    I think sometimes we have become so desensitized that we make excuses as to why things are happening. 

One thing that is correct is that Islamabad does not require police certificates but not just because they don't trust documentation that can be brought in but because they have their own access.  Pakistan does have a centralized system, ones CNIC is linked to everything as our Social Security numbers are and Islamabad has complete access to NADRA and a close relationship with Pakistani intelligence.  They run your information before your first interview and already have the information on your CNIC card and your FRC (family registration certificate).  I know this because they already had all this information available at my husbands very first interview only to ask for it again (ds-5535 in written form a year later).  I know they did nothing with the information provided on the ds-5535 one because they already had 90% of this information over a year before they asked for it but because if they had looked into anything my husband would have be notified (Pakistanis are big on gossip and anyone questioning anyone would have caused talk).  I'm most certain the checks (if any) are done within the beneficiaries country and is not out of the embassies hands. 

I have seen many Pakistanis get their visas after the interview.  I'm not sure why Cousin marriages was mentioned because they usually do not have an issue getting a visa or AP unless they are in a state that it is illegal but most get the visa after interview.  I have also seen young men married to older women get a visa with no AP, Afgani nationals  (one who's wife previously had a child out of wedlock) get their visa in two weeks.  So it is apparent these factors are not a reason but perhaps an excuse.

As mentioned by another Polygamy is not common.. I know of one old man that is involved in one.  I've heard stories of Men who go back and marry (which is still not common but yes has it has happened)  So it could be something to look into if they feel that is a possibility in that beneficiaries future but it's not the NEW wife because I've seen them get their visas too!

There are other Asian counties that have a high cases of visa fraud but no issue getting visas there.

Terrorism...although Pakistan unfortunately is one of the top countries affected by terrorism (many from foreigners inside their country).  USA terrorism biggest culprits are US citizens.. of them permanent residents involved in terrorism maybe 3 were connected to Pakistan.  Large amounts of terrorism in the name of Islam stem from converts more than muslim born.

From all the years I have watched mostly Pakistani cases I can say there is no rhyme or reason.  I see some get visas and wonder how the heck they got them and others waiting years with no understanding as to why.   The embassy seems extremely understaffed and makes many mistakes.  My husband was thought to have been an adoptee and another time a follow to join case.  The person who is conducting the interview literally looks over the file just before the appointment at the window (although data was generated before the person conducing the interviewer doesn't see it until the interview is about to start) they are rushed to make a decision causing them to sometimes pass the file to someone else and/or put in AP.  I know this because I watched a women paging through our file for almost an hour at our second interview asking questions to her coworkers before handing it off to someone else.  Once in AP it seems to sit until someone gets around to it. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, jamesbond123 said:

Did they request remedical from you? When did your medical expire?

Yes they did.  it expired in June.  I filed wom in april

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Ussponsorpaki said:

Yes they did.  it expired in June.  I filed wom in april

My expired last 2 wks ago. It was regular interview though.

Did you already take your medical? It should be there online in 1-2 wks

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Nidz said:

I didn't get u ? What does it means

my wife interview was approved & CO said congrats.  No additional docs needed. They sent us email questioner next day. Which is same as DS 5535 

it’s for background check in applicant

Edited by jamesbond123

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.