Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Baigz said:

Hello v.j family..my cr1 is also in AP for over a year now...i wanted to ask that if they ask you to update your Form DS-260.Does that mean you also have to update all the financial details of the sponsor and joint sponsor with that on CEAC account, or you only have to update the form DS-260 only.Thanks

Did they actually email you to update it or did you just notice it reopened when logging into ceac?

If they asked you to update then thats all you need to do.  If they didn't email you asking for it then hold off updating until they do.

3 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Did they actually email you to update it or did you just notice it reopened when logging into ceac?

If they asked you to update then thats all you need to do.  If they didn't email you asking for it then hold off updating until they do.

Yes they only called to update the Ds -260 when i logged in the the form says reopened.They didnt ask any think about uploading the recent W2s, or joint sponsors or I-864As.However my attorney says to update all the financial details mentioned above,should i like go with the attorney or only update 260...?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Baigz said:

Yes they only called to update the Ds -260 when i logged in the the form says reopened.They didnt ask any think about uploading the recent W2s, or joint sponsors or I-864As.However my attorney says to update all the financial details mentioned above,should i like go with the attorney or only update 260...?

I would just update the DS only. Do not mess with the financial aspect of it. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Baigz said:

Our first interview was in 2017 we had two more before my husband's visa was issued in August of 2020 we were never asked to update the financials since 2017.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Baigz said:

They asked to upload another AOS..

Wow  1 yr for AOS reupload. I know another Pakistani in Sep 2020 who had AOS uploaded & they asked him to upload again. it took about 7 days to issue visa.

Edited by jamesbond123

Timeline
21 hours ago, Baigz said:

Ohhh right...🤔.Thanks this realy helps...were you asked to update the form 260 during the time...?

No we weren't but did it anyway when it reopened.  We sent a few inquiries asking if we should and they finally responded after we updated telling us not to until they asked for it...but it was too late.  We were so tired of waiting.

Timeline
On 9/24/2020 at 11:58 AM, Jorgedig said:

High fraud, cousin marriage, polygamy, no centralized criminal record keeping - Pakistan has it all.  This is why Pakistani applicants end up in the AP black hole and why denials are much more likely for Pakistanis than for applicants from other countries.

Pakistan has an extremely low percentage of people who are in a polygamous marriage (1% - 0.5%). Even among these the man has to ask the wife and it is ILLEGAL to marry someone else if an approval isnt' granted. From this low percentage are even a lower percent where they are applying to the US for spousal sponsorship, it's probably nil. 

You talk about no centralized criminal record keeping. They do have a criminal record management system, you need to look this information up yourself. What does cousin marriage have anything to do with the eligibility of a spouse? If the spouse plans on living in a state with disallowed cousin marriages then they should say so in the application. 26 states in US allow cousin marriages. Most of these spousal applications aren't even cousin marriages.

It makes no sense to put most people in administrative processing. They are playing with people's lives. I have a problem with you posting this all over the forums, trying normalize this -like it's the right thing for immigration to do. You should be advocating for family reunification, not just for pakistani but for every country. It's a basic right that every human should have. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Ikhan said:

Pakistan has an extremely low percentage of people who are in a polygamous marriage (1% - 0.5%). Even among these the man has to ask the wife and it is ILLEGAL to marry someone else if an approval isnt' granted. From this low percentage are even a lower percent where they are applying to the US for spousal sponsorship, it's probably nil. 

You talk about no centralized criminal record keeping. They do have a criminal record management system, you need to look this information up yourself. What does cousin marriage have anything to do with the eligibility of a spouse? If the spouse plans on living in a state with disallowed cousin marriages then they should say so in the application. 26 states in US allow cousin marriages. Most of these spousal applications aren't even cousin marriages.

It makes no sense to put most people in administrative processing. They are playing with people's lives. I have a problem with you posting this all over the forums, trying normalize this -like it's the right thing for immigration to do. You should be advocating for family reunification, not just for pakistani but for every country. It's a basic right that every human should have. 

Unfortunately with this forum (especially with the some of the heavy posters) they run with information they hear in the forum and push Repeat.  

3 hours ago, Ikhan said:

Interesting.  Then why are so many Pakistanis in prolonged AP, as compared with other applicants?   What is your theory?  Just bad luck?  So am I incorrect that the state department does not require a PCC from Pakistani applicants, because the systems in place cannot be trusted?  

No one has a 'right' to immigrate to the US.  USCs and LPRS have the 'right' to petition for certain family members.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.