Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
48 minutes ago, silverhawk said:

Hello @Ahmed&Freda & Everyone,

Hope you are doing well and everything is fine at your side. I need an expert opinion that, how long it takes when USCIS reaffirmed cases at their side and returned to NVC. Do they (USCIS) directly send case to original consular post (in our case Islamabad) or is it routed through NVC and then Islamabad.

Please you, or anyone that have first hand knowledge, about this process can comment, much appreciated.

Best,

It will go through NVC before getting back to Islamabad but won't be there long.  It took about 4 months from reaffirmation to interview.  USCIS and NVC moved quickly but Islamabad took a while before the interview was scheduled.

11 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

It will go through NVC before getting back to Islamabad but won't be there long.  It took about 4 months from reaffirmation to interview.  USCIS and NVC moved quickly but Islamabad took a while before the interview was scheduled.

Thank you @Ahmed&Freda for prompt response, so how long Islamabad took to schedule interview once case was reaffirmed by USCIS. Was that interview intensive as first interview or a simple one to know if anything is changed meanwhile. Also how long it took them to issue visa after second interview. Actually our cases are F2B and first interview conducted possibly by fraud officers, so seeking information as heads up for ahead and necessary.

Timeline
5 hours ago, silverhawk said:

Thank you @Ahmed&Freda for prompt response, so how long Islamabad took to schedule interview once case was reaffirmed by USCIS. Was that interview intensive as first interview or a simple one to know if anything is changed meanwhile. Also how long it took them to issue visa after second interview. Actually our cases are F2B and first interview conducted possibly by fraud officers, so seeking information as heads up for ahead and necessary.

I think it took about 2 months.  The second interview was fine ( nothing like our first) but we were given the questionnaire and placed in Administration Processing for a year and 10 months before having a 3rd interview where the visa was given at the appointment.

14 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I think it took about 2 months.  The second interview was fine ( nothing like our first) but we were given the questionnaire and placed in Administration Processing for a year and 10 months before having a 3rd interview where the visa was given at the appointment.

You mean there was a third interview as well and then after that they gave you visa. also, who interview first second and third interview a fruad officer or or consular officer.

Timeline

I'm having the biggest problem in getting my husband's remedical done.  He got the email for the remedical.  he went to get it done and his file wasn't open at hospital.  the staff called embassy and the embassy told him that my husband has to redo his ds260.  he did all that.   still it's not open.  we call hospital every week to check but no change and we also emailed the embassy twice about this issue.  any suggestions?

Timeline
23 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

My husband's case was reaffirmed Aug 13, 2019 and he got interview Dec 10, 2019

Timeline
5 hours ago, silverhawk said:

You mean there was a third interview as well and then after that they gave you visa. also, who interview first second and third interview a fruad officer or or consular officer.

I'm not sure who the fraud officers are but the first interview was in one of the rooms with 3 officers.  The second and third were conducted at the window.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ussponsorpaki said:

I'm having the biggest problem in getting my husband's remedical done.  He got the email for the remedical.  he went to get it done and his file wasn't open at hospital.  the staff called embassy and the embassy told him that my husband has to redo his ds260.  he did all that.   still it's not open.  we call hospital every week to check but no change and we also emailed the embassy twice about this issue.  any suggestions?

Where are you getting the medical done. Lahore or islamabad?

Timeline
Just now, Ussponsorpaki said:

karachi 

Oh okay. Yeah it was a struggle for my fiancé in Lahore. We emailed them for 2 weeks consistently and they eventually replied.. they’re just rest slow 😖

we submitted the 2nd medical on the 1st of September. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, AandH said:

Oh okay. Yeah it was a struggle for my fiancé in Lahore. We emailed them for 2 weeks consistently and they eventually replied.. they’re just rest slow 😖

we submitted the 2nd medical on the 1st of September. 

oh ok.  I will send another email.  we got the remedical email july 24 and we submitted the ds260 on Aug 7th.  since then we've emailed twice.  I will submit another email 

14 minutes ago, Ussponsorpaki said:

oh ok.  I will send another email.  we got the remedical email july 24 and we submitted the ds260 on Aug 7th.  since then we've emailed twice.  I will submit another email 

Do you or anyone else mind sharing why their case was sent for AP? Just the thought of it and reading how long it takes for them to process scares me. 

Want to do my best to prevent that from happening. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Thunder93 said:

Do you or anyone else mind sharing why their case was sent for AP? Just the thought of it and reading how long it takes for them to process scares me. 

My case was such.  it was my second marriage, and initially at interview they said i was missing a document to prove my first divorce.  i was also present at interview, which was a big mistake.   they say no one should go to interview but the applicant.  anyways,  they returned the case to uscis.  then it came back for second interview and they said they want more wedding pics, again divorce docs, which we already had at interview and my travel history to pakistan.   

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Thunder93 said:

So AP can happen to any case regardless of the circumstance. You could have a perfectly clear case and yet they may still have additional processing to do. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ussponsorpaki said:

My case was such.  it was my second marriage, and initially at interview they said i was missing a document to prove my first divorce.  i was also present at interview, which was a big mistake.   they say no one should go to interview but the applicant.  anyways,  they returned the case to uscis.  then it came back for second interview and they said they want more wedding pics, again divorce docs, which we already had at interview and my travel history to pakistan.   

1 hour ago, Ussponsorpaki said:

We got the email around August 13 for 2nd medical. Then we got response around August 24. Scheduled a medical on August 26 and then it got submitted by the 1st. And DS email came on the 2nd. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.