Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sam1257 said:

I was told to submit one additional document on CEAC which I did and not submit it thru courier also. Is that something I should do? Last Update was in November. Yes, did send them twice and didn’t get a response. Too many updates is not good also. 

Send them thru the courier as well . The same one that you selected for your passport pickup 

itsnot that whenever you send them inquiry they open your case and date updates.that doesn’t mean that they are working on it

13 minutes ago, Neemo said:

Send them thru the courier as well . The same one that you selected for your passport pickup 

itsnot that whenever you send them inquiry they open your case and date updates.that doesn’t mean that they are working on it

Yes I know that they don’t open or update case as by sending inquiries. Once it updates without an inquiry sent then they’re working on it or when back to back updates and status changes. The ap process for immediate relative shouldn’t take too long. It should be resolved within the first 30-60 days at max. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Sam1257 said:

Why two ticks for? That means either the application requires further documents or is on hold for more investigation. 

Thy dnt reply to us...nd no doc req..

Aprox how much tym??

On 1/28/2020 at 8:51 PM, Shakeel48 said:

Hi all my wife had interview on 13 jan everything went fine just she forgot to take the wedding pics with her. Got white slip nothing on top was ticked. Just had check on wedding pics. Sent them via courrier on same day. Case status got updated on 22nd. How long does embassy take to view documents ?

Any updates or change of case status?

On 1/29/2020 at 10:26 PM, Neemo said:

She asked me to upload it on ceac portal. I did it but at the same time i sent it thru courier as well.  My interview was on 23oct.

some times they do respond sometimes they dont. They only gave me response to my first inquiry after that when i did they didn’t respond so I stopped sending them inquires
when was your last update? Did u send them any inquiry recently? Whenever i send them inquiry someone always open my case

On CEAC portal where did you upload the documents? In civil document section under “optional document”?  

1 hour ago, Shakeel48 said:

Nothing as of now hopefully there is good news next week

Hopefully 🤞🏻

Hello,

I have been following this site and this thread for past 5 months now.But i have never posted anything.So this is my first post and here is my case.

Visa Category    F4

Interview date   24 july 2019

Status shows   Administrative processing (Stuck for 6 months now)

Here is what has happened so far.Our interview was on 24th of july 2019.It went good but was very short.Co asked few questions and at the end said everything is good from your side but we have to do some administrative processing and did not ask for any document to be submitted.But 2 days later we recieved DS5535 for 1 family memeber whoes over 20 years.She kept our passports but gave us 221g with 2nd marked ticked.Which says your case needs some administrative processing please contact us every 2 months.So overall we had about 10 to 15 updates i guess in 6 months.Latest update was on 27 November 2019 and then 6 December 2019.I have seen on their web that administrative processing is solved within 180 days (6 months) but its been 194 days but still we are stuck in Ap.I have seen some cases solved in 8 months we are also hoping to get our case solved in max 8 months.Have you guys seen any case similar to us.Please share your kind thoughts

Kind regards

Ehsan.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sam1257 said:

On CEAC portal where did you upload the documents? In civil document section under “optional document”?  

Hopefully 🤞🏻

No Under affidavit of support in additional documents 

3 hours ago, Neemo said:

No Under affidavit of support in additional documents 

Oh okay, I was asked to upload an additional document which was for my passport entry exit stamp so I uploaded it under civil documents, where there’s a note for additional documents to be reviewed? Is that the right place to upload since it wasn’t a document on Affavdait and financial evidence?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sam1257 said:

Oh okay, I was asked to upload an additional document which was for my passport entry exit stamp so I uploaded it under civil documents, where there’s a note for additional documents to be reviewed? Is that the right place to upload since it wasn’t a document on Affavdait and financial evidence?

Yes its fine. And if you are going to send it thru mail that would be good as well 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Sam1257 said:

Isn’t it too late to send it now or can I still send it? What’s the process?

You can still send it . Just go to the office of the courier service that you chose for passport pickup

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.