Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Nushu said:

I need to travel for business so i asked them to return my passport. Is that okay? They will ask me back for it if they approve it right?

you can ask them, what was their response.i think they will ask you to submit your passport again once they are ready to issue you visa

Timeline
53 minutes ago, newton said:

my wife got her visa issued on 7th

Congrat!..thats great new and so happy for you.. how long she was in AP> and did they ask for new medical?

19 minutes ago, Zaib212 said:

Congrat!..thats great new and so happy for you.. how long she was in AP> and did they ask for new medical?

she was in AP for a few weeks. the interview was in Jan and they asked for this years tax return (IRS was not accepting tax returns then so I don't know why they asked for it) and they emailed the additional information questionnaire a few hours after the interview. If I remember correctly the case was updated 5 or 6 times and it went into issued. (updates even happened during the weekend). it was mentioned on ceac website that she will get it 2 days after it is approved and she got it on the 2nd day (contacted by the courier). Even after picking it up the status is still issued.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, newton said:

she was in AP for a few weeks. the interview was in Jan and they asked for this years tax return (IRS was not accepting tax returns then so I don't know why they asked for it) and they emailed the additional information questionnaire a few hours after the interview. If I remember correctly the case was updated 5 or 6 times and it went into issued. (updates even happened during the weekend). it was mentioned on ceac website that she will get it 2 days after it is approved and she got it on the 2nd day (contacted by the courier). Even after picking it up the status is still issued.

wow that was very fast process. my parents have been stuck for almost 8 months and so other people are stuck for 9 months and more but still under AP. you were lucky..

9 minutes ago, Zaib212 said:

wow that was very fast process. my parents have been stuck for almost 8 months and so other people are stuck for 9 months and more but still under AP. you were lucky..

what I understand from my friends here who have been applicants and petitioners, the more red flags there are in the DS5535 or the questionnaire the longer AP takes; any attorney can tell you about common red flags. Also under the current administration, sadly, fiances and parents AP is taking long.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.