Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
18 hours ago, Zohaib01 said:

I and my family members have been waiting for an update on our case from last 8 months now. Its first time H1B. There has not a single update on our case since the date of our appointment/interview. Our interview was only few seconds long, VO asked two questions and then he said you will receive an email with more information and retained our passports. I have not received any email and I am tired of getting the same standard reply from the Consulate. We lived there for one year on J1 visa and came back to apply for H1B and then got stuck here. Not sure what to do..

Yes it has been in AP since start.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Zaib212 said:

w salaam.. i got 2 update on 11/27 and 11/28. what about you

i e-mailed them yesterday regarding the queationaire ds5535 they sent. so i got the reply down below then i had an update 2day without emailing them or anything.....

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Our record indicates that your submitted documents were received, reviewed and found to be acceptable in support of your visa application.  However, the administrative processing on your visa application is still pending.  Once it is done, our office will contact you. 

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

SN

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, rafiq akhtar said:

i e-mailed them yesterday regarding the queationaire ds5535 they sent. so i got the reply down below then i had an update 2day without emailing them or anything.....

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Our record indicates that your submitted documents were received, reviewed and found to be acceptable in support of your visa application.  However, the administrative processing on your visa application is still pending.  Once it is done, our office will contact you. 

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

SN

They never ask me to submit ds5535, and that's good that they accepted and i hope that you hear some good news soon.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Nushu said:

Agreed. It was just a stupid idea that popped up in my mind although there are groups on whatsapp for this already since whatsapp is just another platform.

Any idea how long does this AP process takes? 

that's ok. AP can take days to weeks to months. what docs you submitted to them?

Timeline
Just now, rafiq akhtar said:

@Zaib212 when was ur interview?

thats the thing i dont get if they accepted and passed the ds5535 why is it still in AP and what r they waiting 

1 minute ago, Nushu said:

They didnt ask me for anything yet.

Had interview on 15th November 2017 and my case was updated on 27th and 29th but the caption just says READY and not ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING.

that's some good news for you.. then you should wait, because that's mean your visa is in process. i am waiting since June 14 and other people waiting for more than 5 months. and you are lucky here than us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 11/29/2017 at 7:50 PM, Zaib212 said:

that's some good news for you.. then you should wait, because that's mean your visa is in process. i am waiting since June 14 and other people waiting for more than 5 months. and you are lucky here than us.

Zaib tell me, how many time your Case updated itself?

Timeline
On 11/29/2017 at 9:48 AM, Nushu said:

They didnt ask me for anything yet.

Had interview on 15th November 2017 and my case was updated on 27th and 29th but the caption just says READY and not ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING.

thats good thats mean its in process.

Timeline
19 hours ago, SDMDZFRV said:

Zaib tell me, how many time your Case updated itself?

Specially my father was update 2 times in Nov, 3 times in Oct, 4 times in Sep.

On 11/29/2017 at 9:44 AM, rafiq akhtar said:

@Zaib212 when was ur interview?

thats the thing i dont get if they accepted and passed the ds5535 why is it still in AP and what r they waiting 

i understand but you need to respect their system or process and now a days its taking longer so be patient my friend.

HELLO AND SALAM GUYS,

I JOIN THIS FORUM TODAY. I AM SAME BOAT MEMBER TOO. MY INTERVIEW WAS HELD IN ISLAMABAD ON 6TH NOV 2017. I HAD ALMOST EVERYTHING (DOCUMENTS) WHICH VO ASKED DURING INTERVIEW. AT END HE SAID TO ME WE WILL SEND YOU EMAIL WITH FEW QUESTIONS MOSTLY KNOW AS (DS - 5535) FORM. BUT ITS WAS IN EMAIL FORMAT WHICH I RECEIVED BY EMAIL AFTER 5 DAYS OF INTERVIEW. I FILLED SAME DAY OF RECEIVING AND NOW ITS NEAR TO BE MONTH. BUT CAN SEE HERE EVERYONE STUCK WITHING 4 ,5 OR MORE MONTHS. I HAVEN'T GOT ANY DATE CHANGE EXCEPT WHEN I EMAIL OR CONTACT THEM. I PRAY WE GET OUT FROM THIS SITUATION ASAP.

THE BEST WAY TO RELEASE OUR STRESS IS TO MAKE OUR SELF BUSY  , PRAY FOR EACH OTHER AND BE IN TOUCH WITH UPDATES.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.