Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

We had the same issue the embassy asked us to get a fresh medical but the Aziz center said they needed confirmation from the embassy.  My husband was able to make the appointment anyway and confirmed that they received what they needed from the embassy the next day.   

It used to be you took with you confirmation to the appointment (i.e. interview letter or email received by embassy) but now they want to speak to the embassy directly.

I would send an inquiry specificity stating that the particular medical center you are going to, is waiting for confirmation.  Make it a very simple inquiry and straight to the point.  

Hopefully you'll hear something soon In Sha Allah!

Thats good idea from Ahmed wife. I was really happy to see your post finally ahmed bro got home safe.

Allah bring alot happines in your life .

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Ussponsorpaki said:

thank you.  in sha Allah 

I agree. I am very very hopeful that once medical is done, everything will go smoothly.  

Inshallah sister soon this nightmare will end .

Timeline
37 minutes ago, A S said:

Thats good idea from Ahmed wife. I was really happy to see your post finally ahmed bro got home safe.

Allah bring alot happines in your life .

Thanks so much Brother!  He has adjusted so well here and is so happy Alhamdulillah!

Allah knows we would not have made it through the past few years without our trust on Allah!  It became so incredibly difficult the last few months had our entire journey been like that I would have definitely relocated to Pakistan but finally our prayers were answered.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Thanks so much Brother!  He has adjusted so well here and is so happy Alhamdulillah!

Allah knows we would not have made it through the past few years without our trust on Allah!  It became so incredibly difficult the last few months had our entire journey been like that I would have definitely relocated to Pakistan but finally our prayers were answered.

sister, congrats to you and your husband.  May I ask how long it took for him to get visa once medical was done

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ussponsorpaki said:

sister, congrats to you and your husband.  May I ask how long it took for him to get visa once medical was done

It all happened so fast.  They called him on July 23rd he traveled to Islamabad for his medical on July 28th then back again for his appointment at the embassy on August 6th he received his visa at his appointment on the 6th.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

It all happened so fast.  They called him on July 23rd he traveled to Islamabad for his medical on July 28th then back again for his appointment at the embassy on August 6th he received his visa at his appointment on the 6th.  

masha Allah,  that's so exciting.  I'm really happy for you both.  glad you're together now.  wishing you lots of happiness 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I am so happy to hear that . Allah bless you both a happy future life always together .

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AOA.. I received the following email after my mom case was forward to counselor on August 11 and got the message on August 28. Did anyone received the same message from embassy?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your immigrant visa is refused in accordance with Presidential Proclamation 10014 titled “Suspending Entry of Immigrants Who Present Risk to the U.S. Labor Market During the Economic Recovery Following the COVID-19 Outbreak.” 

Proclamation 10014 will expire December 31, 2020, unless extended.  As a result, there is no action for you at this moment.  The U.S. Embassy will contact you directly with instructions after the proclamation expires.  You may check the status of your case at https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zaib212 said:

AOA.. I received the following email after my mom case was forward to counselor on August 11 and got the message on August 28. Did anyone received the same message from embassy?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your immigrant visa is refused in accordance with Presidential Proclamation 10014 titled “Suspending Entry of Immigrants Who Present Risk to the U.S. Labor Market During the Economic Recovery Following the COVID-19 Outbreak.” 

Proclamation 10014 will expire December 31, 2020, unless extended.  As a result, there is no action for you at this moment.  The U.S. Embassy will contact you directly with instructions after the proclamation expires.  You may check the status of your case at https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker.

There are certain types of visas that are suspended until  the end of the year.  Meaning the visa process is on hold until the suspension is lifted.  

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

There are certain types of visas that are suspended until  the end of the year.  Meaning the visa process is on hold until the suspension is lifted.  

that make sense.. thanks so much for your reply. now more wait..🙄

Timeline
On 8/23/2020 at 2:58 AM, Thunder93 said:

Has anyone heard any update from the embassy about reopening? We were DQ’d in May and still no interview in sight 😕 

Same. No update.

Timeline

Random update regarding K-1 visas on the website! K-visas high priority!? 😕

"Important Notice for K visa applicants affected by COVID-19

Last Updated: August 31, 2020

Effective August 28, as it becomes safe to resume more consular operations at each U.S. mission, posts are authorized to give K visa cases high priority.  Applicants should check the website of their nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate for updates on what services that post is currently able to offer. The I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) is typically valid for four months; however, consular officers may revalidate the I-129F petition in four month increments.  For most cases impacted by the suspension of routine visa services or COVID-19 travel restrictions it will not be necessary to file a new I-129F petition."

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/important-notice-for-k-visa-applicants-affected-by-covid-19.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.