Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Meryemabbasi said:

salam, Can I ask what do you think were the reasons for your AP? any red flags in ur case? 

best wishes. 

Walakum Salam, I don't know exactly what reasons but which I thought some might be like My wife changed religion Christian to Islam and other Age gab also more then 10 years. Other I don't know. 

Timeline

Salam everyone, My husband's IV for CR1 was on March 3, 2020 in Islamabad. CO said IV was fine, and gave 221 g for administrative processing with second option ticked. No additional docs requested.  No DS5535 questionairre. He did keep passport and original birth/ marriage cert /nika nama. He did not say visa was approved. 

My husband has traveled  in the past outside of pakistan so I guess background checks are needed. 

Status says refused but I had several dates updated on March 4, March 5, March 10, March 13.  Is that a good sign?

Anyone have any experience with CR1/IR1 AP with no additional docs required,  and with history of travel, what is the average wait time?

Thanks. 

9 hours ago, Meryemabbasi said:

Salam everyone, My husband's IV for CR1 was on March 3, 2020 in Islamabad. CO said IV was fine, and gave 221 g for administrative processing with second option ticked. No additional docs requested.  No DS5535 questionairre. He did keep passport and original birth/ marriage cert /nika nama. He did not say visa was approved. 

My husband has traveled  in the past outside of pakistan so I guess background checks are needed. 

Status says refused but I had several dates updated on March 4, March 5, March 10, March 13.  Is that a good sign?

Anyone have any experience with CR1/IR1 AP with no additional docs required,  and with history of travel, what is the average wait time?

Thanks. 

^Seems like it will be issued soon.

Also, waiting on AP after a request of documents.

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Adeal said:

Interview date for was March 20 just got an email few hours ago that all interviews have been canceled starting March 17. Again the waiting game begins. I called the embassy and double checked.

Till when ? They didn’t tell you that ??

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Adeal said:

No time frame. Maybe two weeks or more that is my guess. 

i think untill the situation regrading the crona virus is not cleared or under control

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys. My fiancé had his K1 interview in October. They didn’t need any documents. We submitted the DS5540 once they sent it to us and then our status changed from immigrant to non immigrant in December. And then we have been stuck in the application received. We had one date update in January. This morning my fiancée received a call from the embassy in Islamabad.. the person asked him if they issued his visa would he be able to travel before March 26. And we said yes.. and he said great thank you. And hung up.The date also updated to today’s date. 
anyone have a similar experience?

6 minutes ago, AandH said:

Hey guys. My fiancé had his K1 interview in October. They didn’t need any documents. We submitted the DS5540 once they sent it to us and then our status changed from immigrant to non immigrant in December. And then we have been stuck in the application received. We had one date update in January. This morning my fiancée received a call from the embassy in Islamabad.. the person asked him if they issued his visa would he be able to travel before March 26. And we said yes.. and he said great thank you. And hung up.The date also updated to today’s date. 

Most likely the visa will be issued. Please update and keep checking status.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, AandH said:

I’m truly hoping it does!! I will InshaAllah 

Yes, the reason they asked if you can travel before March 26 is because after that the medical will be expiring.  Visa is near masha Allah:)

Timeline
1 hour ago, AandH said:

Interview date ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.