Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, 

My husband finally got his visa. Alhamdulillah 

Visa was issued 1/14/2020  

First  interview November 6th, 2018 and my husband was given DS 5535 and put on Ap. I then filed a WOM  end of September 2019 and that’s when embassy asked my husband to redo his medical and resubmit DS260 online. Also my husband old expired passport was sent back in beginning of December 2019 to renew. Then Mid December 2019 my husband revived an email to come in for reoath and finger prints on Jan 14,2020. 

Janurary 14,2020 visa issued and they kept passport and said they will mail it with visa within 10-12 days. 

Janurary 16, 2020 status online changed to issued 

Janurary 21, 2020 passport ready for pick up. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
46 minutes ago, MIra3 said:

Hey everyone, 

First  interview November 6th, 2018 and my husband was given DS 5535 and put on Ap. I then filed a WOM  end of September 2019 and that’s when embassy asked my husband to redo his medical and resubmit DS260 online. Also my husband old expired passport was sent back in beginning of December 2019 to renew. Then Mid December 2019 my husband revived an email to come in for reoath and finger prints on Jan 14,2020. 

Janurary 14,2020 visa issued and they kept passport and said they will mail it with visa within 10-12 days. 

What’s WOM?
And cr1 category ? 

45 minutes ago, MIra3 said:

Hey everyone, 

Congratulations!

Whom did you contact for WOM and how much they charge if you don't mind me asking. 

I have been in AP since Jan 2018. Case CR1. I went for WOM 8 months ago and my lawyer still has not started case yet he is just keep writing letters.  And as per him, you will get visa soon.  My case last updated 22jan 2020 without inquiry. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Sam1257 said:

Ok, does the case have recent updates ? When are you in AP since?

It varies case to case. 221g white form is what you received right?

Yes im in ap since oct 2019 . Last update was ok 14 jan 2020

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sam1257 said:

How many updates so far? Have you sent inquiries ? What documents were you missing?

11 dec (without inquiry)

6 jan (With inquiry)

10 jan (with inquiry)

14 jan (without inquiry)

they asked me my husband’s domicile, And AOS

40 minutes ago, Neemo said:

11 dec (without inquiry)

6 jan (With inquiry)

10 jan (with inquiry)

14 jan (without inquiry)

they asked me my husband’s domicile, And AOS

I just had one update in November, submitted 3 inquiries in total and have not received any response. Have you received response? The document that were asked, did you submit them on CEAC or courier?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Sam1257 said:

I just had one update in November, submitted 3 inquiries in total and have not received any response. Have you received response? The document that were asked, did you submit them on CEAC or courier?

Yes i did receive a mail in response. 
i submitted them thru courier

6 hours ago, Sam1257 said:

Your interview date ?!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sam1257 said:

Did the CO advise you to submit it through just courier or upload it on CEAC? It was October 19th, when was your interview? Do you know why they may not respond to inquiries?

She asked me to upload it on ceac portal. I did it but at the same time i sent it thru courier as well.  My interview was on 23oct.

some times they do respond sometimes they dont. They only gave me response to my first inquiry after that when i did they didn’t respond so I stopped sending them inquires
when was your last update? Did u send them any inquiry recently? Whenever i send them inquiry someone always open my case

24 minutes ago, Neemo said:

She asked me to upload it on ceac portal. I did it but at the same time i sent it thru courier as well.  My interview was on 23oct.

some times they do respond sometimes they dont. They only gave me response to my first inquiry after that when i did they didn’t respond so I stopped sending them inquires
when was your last update? Did u send them any inquiry recently? Whenever i send them inquiry someone always open my case

I was told to submit one additional document on CEAC which I did and not submit it thru courier also. Is that something I should do? Last Update was in November. Yes, did send them twice and didn’t get a response. Too many updates is not good also. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.