campbell85

San Francisco Office Question (N400)

48 posts in this topic

Thanks. I wasn't sure, but I thought Next Steps may be different for those who know they are still in BC, vs those who are cleared BC and waiting for case review at their FO. It appears not. So there still is no status message anywhere that might discern whether one is still stuck in BC, or just pending at the local FO. Oh well. 

59 minutes ago, watashi said:

Were you delayed during your BC for the green card ? Also, may I know what your Next Steps status says on the following site: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do  ? If you aren't already familiar with this site, please note that this is not the same as myaccount. You need to create a separate login, enter your NBC/IOE case number to track, and then check the status. It will show the current status at the top, and two sections below for 'Case History' and 'Next Steps'. It would be very interesting to see what those two sections say. 

No, I don't have any other case with them. My next step on N 400 is the same with campbell85.  "We will prepare your case for officer review.  If we need more information, we will notify you."

Are you certain that your case is still in background check ? And yet your Next Steps says "We will prepare your case for officer review.  If we need more information, we will notify you" ? 

I asked others who know their BC is done but are pending officer review at their FO, and their status also says the same thing. So I don't know what to make of this.

Possibilities: 

* The information given to you that your case is still in BC, is wrong. It's actually done but the system they looked at is not up to date. Or they just don't want people asking 'why is this FO so slow' and blame BC

* Your case is indeed still in BC, and this status message means nothing - it applies to both those waiting in BC, and done with BC but waiting for case review and interview date. 

1 minute ago, campbell85 said:

Do you know if the Senator is a better choice than the Ombudsman? Is it a good idea to write to both at the same time? Thanks.

I heard writing to senator is a good way to resolve immigration issues, especially in California.

I was thinking the same... It might be a good idea to write to both.

Just now, watashi said:

Are you certain that your case is still in background check ? And yet your Next Steps says "We will prepare your case for officer review.  If we need more information, we will notify you" ? 

I asked others who know their BC is done but are pending officer review at their FO, and their status also says the same thing. So I don't know what to make of this.

Possibilities: 

* The information given to you that your case is still in BC, is wrong. It's actually done but the system they looked at is not up to date. Or they just don't want people asking 'why is this FO so slow' and blame BC

* Your case is indeed still in BC, and this status message means nothing - it applies to both those waiting in BC, and done with BC but waiting for case review and interview date. 

Over the phone they actually never confirmed that the case is in BC because they mentioned that they don't have the file on their hands at the moment (since it's in NBC). The last time I went for an Infopass they printed out the latest status that said something like "FBI check..." and told me that it's currently pending in BC.

2 minutes ago, watashi said:

Possibilities: 

I am sure. I went to info pass 2 weeks ago. My status has never changed after my fingerprints.

Filed: Other Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, campbell85 said:

Over the phone they actually never confirmed that the case is in BC because they mentioned that they don't have the file on their hands at the moment (since it's in NBC). The last time I went for an Infopass they printed out the latest status that said something like "FBI check..." and told me that it's currently pending in BC.

Did it take a long time for your case to clear the green card background check?

9 minutes ago, upbabyup said:

I am sure. I went to info pass 2 weeks ago. My status has never changed after my fingerprints.

Yes but if I'm not mistaken, you have been checking only myaccount, not the egov case tracker I quoted above. It's possible that in the last two weeks, your Next Steps status has changed, unless you've been tracking both sites all the while. 

Yes but if I'm not mistaken, you have been checking only myaccount, not the egov case tracker I quoted above. It's possible that in the last two weeks, your Next Steps status has changed, unless you've been tracking both sites all the while. 

I checked with your link. it's showing the same thing for me.

6 minutes ago, watashi said:

In my case the "Next Steps" have always remained exactly the same after the status had changed to "Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled" more than a year ago.

Edited by campbell85

So that just suggests that the Next Steps itself is likely bogus. And I have no idea how much credibility to attach to Infopass or L2 call status messages. 

San Francisco has a high standard deviation in processing time. Simply put, they do not have a predictable timeline. Here's some data I collected for my FO: http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/discuss/n400/10451 

Sept 2017 filers here are reporting their interview letters now - essentially right within the median expected time based on 2017 data I calculated. San Francisco N400 trackitt data on the other hand is all over the place. There are Jan 2018 filers who have done oath and Jan 2017 filers with no interview. So I'm afraid forecasting SF FO is much harder. 

21 minutes ago, watashi said:

So that just suggests that the Next Steps itself is likely bogus. And I have no idea how much credibility to attach to Infopass or L2 call status messages. 

San Francisco has a high standard deviation in processing time. Simply put, they do not have a predictable timeline. Here's some data I collected for my FO: http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/discuss/n400/10451 

Sept 2017 filers here are reporting their interview letters now - essentially right within the median expected time based on 2017 data I calculated. San Francisco N400 trackitt data on the other hand is all over the place. There are Jan 2018 filers who have done oath and Jan 2017 filers with no interview. So I'm afraid forecasting SF FO is much harder. 

Based on my understanding from this thread if the status isn't changing to "In Line for an Interview" before the 1 year anniversary from your PD, then you're essentially stuck in limbo forever until you're filing a lawsuit against USCIS. Do you think that it's an accurate representation of their internal processes?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.