Kathergarc

K-1 Visa supporting evidence of relationship

20 posts in this topic

Hello!!! I recently sent in my K-1 visa application and along with it I sent an entire album of pictures as evidence of my relationship... but it got returned to me saying that the  file format cannot be placed in my file to be reviewed by an officer.... what Can I do?? I called the number that they gave me but I have found NO answer to my reply! I could not get a hold of anyone! Do I just resend the pictures individually????? Please help!!

Just now, Lemonslice said:

Print the pictures on regular paper or tape them to sheets of paper. Add short descriptions. No album. 

Thank you so much!!! Do I resend them and ask them to add the pictures to my file??? Or how do I go about doing it? The paper  should be normal printer paper size right? Do you have a recommendation of how many sheets I should send?

If you are filing for a K1 visa you do not need to present evidence with the I-129F petition of a bonafide relationship. This is done at the interview at the beneficiary's home country embassy. Sending this evidence with your petition is known as 'front loading' and may or may not help if your case is particularly complicated.

What you do need to do is provide evidence that you have met in person within the last two years. This can be done by sending boarding passes, hotel reservations, the information page of your passport along with passport stamps or other hard evidence that you were both in the same place at the same time and in each others physical presence. Pictures are only used as 'secondary evidence'.

Basically, if you have sent enough evidence of meeting each other in person within the last 2 years already, the pictures aren't needed. If you do want to send them anyway you can do as suggested above and send them printed on paper or taped to a sheet of paper. You will need to wait for a 'request for additional evidence (RFE)' now unfortunately as there is no way to add to a submitted petition - so to speak. And as I have said above: if you have already sent enough evidence of meeting, you may not even get an RFE anyway.

Good luck!

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

12 minutes ago, S*UK said:

If you are filing for a K1 visa you do not need to present evidence with the I-129F petition of a bonafide relationship. This is done at the interview at the beneficiary's home country embassy. Sending this evidence with your petition is known as 'front loading' and may or may not help if your case is particularly complicated.

What you do need to do is provide evidence that you have met in person within the last two years. This can be done by sending boarding passes, hotel reservations, the information page of your passport along with passport stamps or other hard evidence that you were both in the same place at the same time and in each others physical presence. Pictures are only used as 'secondary evidence'.

Basically, if you have sent enough evidence of meeting each other in person within the last 2 years already, the pictures aren't needed. If you do want to send them anyway you can do as suggested above and send them printed on paper or taped to a sheet of paper. You will need to wait for a 'request for additional evidence (RFE)' now unfortunately as there is no way to add to a submitted petition - so to speak. And as I have said above: if you have already sent enough evidence of meeting, you may not even get an RFE anyway.

Good luck!

That relieves a lot of stress thank you so much! I sent in proof of my travels, I sent copies of my passport stamps of when I went in and out of the country during the last two years, I also attached letters signed by my partner and I stating that we do want to get married within the ninety day period I hope that will help! 

That relieves a lot of stress thank you so much! I sent in proof of my travels, I sent copies of my passport stamps of when I went in and out of the country during the last two years, I also attached letters signed by my partner and I stating that we do want to get married within the ninety day period I hope that will help! 

1 minute ago, Kathergarc said:

Obviously I cant say for sure (some officers are more lenient than others), but that seems like you should be ok in terms of proving you have met within the last 2 years. If not, an RFE isnt the worst case scenario in this process. All you can do now is sit back and wait. Its a long ride but its worth it :) 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

For sure, I am aware that every case is different although you did help me clarify a lot of the questions that I had because I was so confused and got so worried when my album got sent back. I feel that it might have been too big.. but i will definitely try resending them just in case. And again thank you so much for your help! You are awesome!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Kathergarc said:

Hello!!! I recently sent in my K-1 visa application and along with it I sent an entire album of pictures as evidence of my relationship... but it got returned to me saying that the  file format cannot be placed in my file to be reviewed by an officer.... what Can I do?? I called the number that they gave me but I have found NO answer to my reply! I could not get a hold of anyone! Do I just resend the pictures individually????? Please help!!

For one you don't need an album of pictures, 10 tops is enough. I just printed ours on color copy paper (5 from my first visit and 5 from my second visit) a description of each one and my other evidence supported my pictures including airline flight ticket stubs, hotel receipts (standing in front of hotel sign). Please don't send the entire album back to them, it isn't necessary. With the evidence you sent you should be fine with just the 10. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I remember I sent like 10-15 normal size pictures in an envelope inside our packet. Each picture had our names on the back. They don't want an album. They don't have a place to storage that in your file.

I am a bit nervous because although I sent in copies of my passport stamps for proof of travels and a letter signed by both indiciating that we plan to marry within the 90 day period, I am afraid of not having pictures of both of us together. I wanted to send the photos again the way many have told me on here but I don’t know if I should do that on my own or wait until they request it from me. I am a bit stressed :(

Timeline

Did they re send you just the album? Did they cash the check already? If you are a bit uncertain, try to call again tomorrow to USCIS customer service to see if you can get a better answer.

Timeline

If that is the case, maybe they will just send you and RFE if they need the pictures later. As long as you have the other proof like passport stamps, etc. You should be fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.