Aster

October 2017 filing cases

134 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone !

we filed our I-130 in October and got the NOA1 on October 12th 2017. Now we’re being processed at the Texas service center. 

I’m just getting so nervous and tired of waiting! So I’d love to hear if/when some of you get it approved (the NOA2)?! 

Happy waiting :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, Beast333 said:

Hey Guys My P.D 10 OCT TSC

Waiting for NOA 2

I hope oct filers would be getting approval after 15 ApriL.

Good LuCk feLLows keep updated each other

I hope so too, I try not to think about it. we need to check what month they are processing at the moment for NOA 2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello, October filers. 

My husband and I filed our I-130 and our PD is 10/27/2017 routed to the beloved Nebraska service center. Once we received the I-797C confirming receipt of the I-130 I immediately filed the I-129F which is the petition for your spouse to come over while waiting for the I-130 to be processed. The I-129F was received on 11/16/2017. Now everyday since then I checked that status of our case and always received the message that the case number entered was invalid. I called Uscis and was told that it is normal to not see the status online and all was well with our case. So I stopped checking. Here recently I received a letter stating that my petition for the I-129F was denied due to the approval of the I-130 I was like what!!!!!! I had not received any information stating that the I-130 was approved, so I went online and checked the status of the I-130 and sure enough it said approved and that our information was being sent to NVC. Approval date 02/23/2018.  I cant begin to express how excited this has made me and my husband. Were finally seeing some progress.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, coco#1 said:

I hope so too, I try not to think about it. we need to check what month they are processing at the moment for NOA 2

Yeah Coco august filers are getting approval from  texas now.

And as a estimate after 15 march sep filers would be getting approval and afterwards from mid apriL to mid may is the time for oct filers

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Emberly said:

Hello, October filers. 

My husband and I filed our I-130 and our PD is 10/27/2017 routed to the beloved Nebraska service center. Once we received the I-797C confirming receipt of the I-130 I immediately filed the I-129F which is the petition for your spouse to come over while waiting for the I-130 to be processed. The I-129F was received on 11/16/2017. Now everyday since then I checked that status of our case and always received the message that the case number entered was invalid. I called Uscis and was told that it is normal to not see the status online and all was well with our case. So I stopped checking. Here recently I received a letter stating that my petition for the I-129F was denied due to the approval of the I-130 I was like what!!!!!! I had not received any information stating that the I-130 was approved, so I went online and checked the status of the I-130 and sure enough it said approved and that our information was being sent to NVC. Approval date 02/23/2018.  I cant begin to express how excited this has made me and my husband. Were finally seeing some progress.

OMG!

Congrats!

27 OCT approval and on nebraksa which is much slower in such a less time is really a great thing!

My p.D 10 OCT tsc and still just case status showed its received.

Keep updated us when you received NOA 2 showing approval.

Secondly 129-F is rarely processed nowadays and mainly they process ir1-Cr1 nowadays

You must be first in oct to got approval.

Edited by Beast333

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am getting excited now too, We are at Potomac which started processing August cases so hopefully just a couple months and we will be starting the next phase of the journey!  Good Luck all, lets keep everyone updated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you so much Beast333,  I am aware that the I-129F is in most cases not approved, but what I did see was that there was a pattern of the people who filed the I-129F were processed quickly because the I-129F could not be denied if the I-130 was not approved so we took our chances and filled it out, there was no extra cost involved so we didn't have anything to lose. I'm truly grateful, this journey is not easy. I wish everyone here a speedy process. Let the approvals begin to grow.

Edited by Emberly

Timeline
12 hours ago, Emberly said:

Thank you so much Beast333,  I am aware that the I-129F is in most cases not approved, but what I did see was that there was a pattern of the people who filed the I-129F were processed quickly because the I-129F could not be denied if the I-130 was not approved so we took our chances and filled it out, there was no extra cost involved so we didn't have anything to lose. I'm truly grateful, this journey is not easy. I wish everyone here a speedy process. Let the approvals begin to grow.

Yeah Emberly the same thing i am thinking is that applying i129-F is a good thing during Ir1 procedure as it is processed earlier.

I also consult my lawyer in earlier days regarding this when i received Noa 1 but he suggested me to not go for it as its just a waste of time.

Good Luck for your NVC process.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everyone, from sunny California

I just called the USCIS and asking how long more would it take get approved my I-130 petition. I talked with the agent, I didn't wait long in the line. Agent asked me wheather I'm citizen or green card holder. She said, right now they are processing November 21, 2016 for the permanent residents. Does it really effect if you are citizen or permanent resident?

I got nervous because I'm a Permanent Resident. Is all of you Citizen here? Because all the people getting approved, according to the forum. JUN and JuLY  filers are getting approved allready. What should be my reference? 

I-130 filed: 10/30/2017

PD: 10/30/2017

NOA-1 received (California): 11/07/2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 3/5/2018 at 9:02 PM, CO_Tonya said:

I am getting excited now too, We are at Potomac which started processing August cases so hopefully just a couple months and we will be starting the next phase of the journey!  Good Luck all, lets keep everyone updated.

Potomac is processing mid September now... it's getting so close! 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 3/16/2018 at 3:44 PM, keep_up said:

Hello everyone, from sunny California

I just called the USCIS and asking how long more would it take get approved my I-130 petition. I talked with the agent, I didn't wait long in the line. Agent asked me wheather I'm citizen or green card holder. She said, right now they are processing November 21, 2016 for the permanent residents. Does it really effect if you are citizen or permanent resident?

I got nervous because I'm a Permanent Resident. Is all of you Citizen here? Because all the people getting approved, according to the forum. JUN and JuLY  filers are getting approved allready. What should be my reference? 

Any thoughts? 

I-130 filed: 10/30/2017

PD: 10/30/2017

NOA-1 received (California): 11/07/2017

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Beast333 said:

I have Seen 2 people from same mine p.d 10 Oct tsc getting rfe 1 week ago.

Good then people are forgetting to update their timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.