Packet 4!

71 posts in this topic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That is really great news!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! you are one step closer!!!

AJ1 :thumbs::yes:

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Thanks all! :D The countdown is on! :)(L)

Wow, I just saw this thread and turned green with envy!!

Then called the State Department and they say the interview is scheduled for May 30th!!! Haven't recieved packet 4 yet, they say was mailed on the 29th!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

See - no need to be green with envy! :D We're still on pace - about a week apart from each other! :)

I'll be curious to see what you get in the mail. All we got was the letter with the interview date and nothing else -- even though they mentioned the 'enclosed' IV18 form. I'd like to know what's on that form!

Seeing as they just mailed it yesterday (Sunday?), you'll probably have it tomorrow or the next day. Will be curious to see what you get!

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the IV18 form is not required any more?

Your packet 4 sounds the same as ours - we didn't get payment instructions or anything. We had major panic at the time, but it all got sorted at the embassy the day of the interview.

90day.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Well, of course I missed this grand announcement as I was traveling the loveliness of the UK when it was made! But I'm home and sufficiently recoverered from jet lag to finally off you and Chas my congratulations!!! I'm really happy for you both and wish you all the best! Roll on June 8th! :D

someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the IV18 form is not required any more?

Your packet 4 sounds the same as ours - we didn't get payment instructions or anything. We had major panic at the time, but it all got sorted at the embassy the day of the interview.

That's good to hear! I was 95% sure that the payment slips were no longer enclosed since you now pay the day of the interview (that should really be updated on the 'embassy info' section) - but their reference to IV18 and also putting 'enc' at the bottom of the appointment letter confused us. We were way happy with just the letter, of course, but were curious about the enclosure that seems to not exist.

The 'gallery' section here has a packet 4 for fiance's, but it contains IV19 (instead of 18) and the payment slip.

Well, of course I missed this grand announcement as I was traveling the loveliness of the UK when it was made! But I'm home and sufficiently recoverered from jet lag to finally off you and Chas my congratulations!!! I'm really happy for you both and wish you all the best! Roll on June 8th! :D

Hey girlie - glad you're home!!!!! You should be posting your I 129f soon, yes? :dance::D

And thanks - we're thrilled to have our interview date. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Well, of course I missed this grand announcement as I was traveling the loveliness of the UK when it was made! But I'm home and sufficiently recoverered from jet lag to finally offer you and Chas my congratulations!!! I'm really happy for you both and wish you all the best! Roll on June 8th! :D

Hey girlie - glad you're home!!!!! You should be posting your I 129f soon, yes? :dance::D

I can't say that I'm glad to be home!! But the really exciting news is that we became officially engaged last Tuesday :luv: and should be finally posting the I129f in the next 2 weeks! I can't believe we're just about ready to begin this wonderful process!

I'm sure Chas' interview will be a breeze and you'l be rocking at the Rush concert before you know it! Glad you guys had a wonderful time together!!

Edited by julezabelle

Although the London Cabbing World will be a sadder place for losing Chas! :lol:

Uh, yep. His boss already said he will have to hire 2 drivers to replace Chas. :):star:

Well, of course I missed this grand announcement as I was traveling the loveliness of the UK when it was made! But I'm home and sufficiently recoverered from jet lag to finally offer you and Chas my congratulations!!! I'm really happy for you both and wish you all the best! Roll on June 8th! :D

I can't say that I'm glad to be home!! But the really exciting news is that we became officially engaged last Tuesday :luv: and should be finally posting the I129f in the next 2 weeks! I can't believe we're just about ready to begin this wonderful process!

I'm sure Chas' interview will be a breeze and you'l be rocking at the Rush concert before you know it! Glad you guys had a wonderful time together!!

Congratulations!!! I'll be watching for your timeline. :D

SA4userbar.jpg

So Chas and I just mailed back packet 3 on Monday (4/16). Today, we got packet 4 in the mail with an interview date of June 8th at 9 am!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

The letter was dated on Thursday. I cannot believe the fast turnaround on this - have no idea why or how we got that so quickly. But I'm not complaining!!! :D:dancing: AND today is Chas' birthday. :)(L)

Finally we can start making more firm plans instead of talking about everything in more general terms.

WHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hey Tracey - fantastic news on Packet 4. Glad you had a great trip to Blighty and here's hoping a speedy month to June 8th!

Andy(UK) & Julie(US)

02/27/2007 - mailed I-129F

03/08/2007 - received NOA1

04/16/2007 - mailed amendment for I-129F

05/24/2007 - touched!

05/24/2007 - NOA2 mailed!

05/29/2007 - NOA2 received!

06/07/2007 - NVC received

06/11/2007 - NVC mailed to London!!

06/21/2007 - police check received

06/22/2007 - Packet 3 received

06/23/2007 - packet 3 mailed

06/28/2007 - medical

08/03/2007 - Interview!!

08/03/2007 - APPROVED!!!!

08/06/2007 - Visa arrives!

09/01/2007 - Enter USA via Philadelphia

09/14/2007 - Marry

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
So Chas and I just mailed back packet 3 on Monday (4/16). Today, we got packet 4 in the mail with an interview date of June 8th at 9 am!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

The letter was dated on Thursday. I cannot believe the fast turnaround on this - have no idea why or how we got that so quickly. But I'm not complaining!!! :D:dancing: AND today is Chas' birthday. :)(L)

Finally we can start making more firm plans instead of talking about everything in more general terms.

WHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Finally I can help someone :P Regarding the payslip = We had this same issue, in fact my husband didn't notice because part of the letter said about the pay slip and another said you pay at the time of the interview. We contacted the embassy last thursday and were told to pay the embassy cashier at the time of the interview.

I was told by others in "olden" days you had to get a payslip from the embassy by sending a SASE to them asking for a payslip which you then took to Barclay's and paid, the brought the payslip to the interview - but now they just have you pay at the embassy.

I-130 Filed - Sept. 15, 2006

129-F Filed - Oct. 27, 2006

I-130/129F Approved - Jan. 10, 2007

K3/K4 Visas Approved - May 4, 2007

~~~~Hubby and Son PoE Newark - May 27, 2007~~~~

EAD filed for Hubby - June 6, 2007

EAD NOA for Hubby - June 13, 2007

AoS filed for Hubby and Son - June 15, 2007

EAD for Hubby APPROVED! WOW!!!!!! - July 19, 2007

AoS Interview for Hubby and Son in Philadelphia - Friday, September 14, 2007 - APPROVED!

10 Year Green Cards Received!!!! - October 12, 2007

Done until naturalization!

m_7dc3c15c2e1d0eafb3d8770777862202.gif

Yes, you're right Leney. That is definitely the norm now (to pay on the day of the interview).

I just updated the 'Embassy info' page to reflect this change.

SA4userbar.jpg

That's good to hear! I was 95% sure that the payment slips were no longer enclosed since you now pay the day of the interview (that should really be updated on the 'embassy info' section) - but their reference to IV18 and also putting 'enc' at the bottom of the appointment letter confused us. We were way happy with just the letter, of course, but were curious about the enclosure that seems to not exist.

The 'gallery' section here has a packet 4 for fiance's, but it contains IV19 (instead of 18) and the payment slip.

I just got my packet 4 today and all it had in it was a DS-230 part 2. No payment slip, no medical forms (I actually had my medical today).

Mike and Jill's I-130 timeline

9 Jan 2007 - sent application for police record

11 Jan 2007 - posted I-130 off

17 Jan 2007 - I-130 officially filed

22 Feb 2007 - Mike received official job offer in the US

13 Apr 2007 - I-130 approved

21 Apr 2007 - packet 3 received

23 Apr 2007 - posted packet 3 to Embassy

25 Apr 2007 - packet 3 received at Embassy PO box

30 Apr 2007 - medical in London

30 Apr 2007 - received packet 4

7 Jun 2007 - interview - visa approved :-)))

9 Jun 2007 - received visa and mystery brown envelope

30 Jun 2007 - planning to move to US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.