aussiewench

A few more questions, DCF Sydney

226 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I hate work. I really really do.

Hey Sean, how long did it take before Natalia got her SSN??

pssst, mellie, come over here....

(If I hear you ask this before three weeks have passed, I'm coming over there with a willow switch!)

:P

There is a recent thread with interesting info about this from mdyoung--this week. You can search on EAA (Ennumeration At Entry) or MES (forget what that's for).

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks dear!! Im not being angsty about it, was just curious!!! :D We're more than prepared to wait for it, just wasnt sure how long it actually took!! Im not stressing at the mailbox for QUITE a while yet!!!

February 13, 2006:VISA APPROVED!!!!

November 18, 2006: Mia Grace is born

May 30, 2008: 10 year Greencard approved

Thanks dear!! Im not being angsty about it, was just curious!!! :D We're more than prepared to wait for it, just wasnt sure how long it actually took!! Im not stressing at the mailbox for QUITE a while yet!!!

Here you go Mellie.....just in case you get angsty ;)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2500

(If I hear you ask this before three weeks have passed, I'm coming over there with a willow switch!)

If she does...can I watch...can I :yes: I not seen a good woopin' in ever so long :P

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

HAHAHA!!! Id let you watch. :P

Thanks for the link!! Will read it later!

And I didnt get the pictures in my email!! Im sorry it took me so long to answer your question!

HAHAHA!!! Id let you watch. :P

Thanks for the link!! Will read it later!

And I didnt get the pictures in my email!! Im sorry it took me so long to answer your question!

yayyyyyyy I get to watch :dance:

awwwwwwww wonder what happen with the pics. Can you PM me your email addy just in case I got it wrong and some stranger got em instead. If its hotmail I should probably send you only couple at a time....wait for you to download it....delete the email then so I can send more????? They are big pics.....left em like that cause you can do photo prints off them then without losing any quality.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

No worries Mellie :) (See, I'm practicing!)

NO news here. I was late to work today - but I came in with Starbucks coffee in my hand - i'm sure they did NOT appreciate that I couldn't make it to work on time, but I had time to stop for coffee.

Oh well.

Mellie - I know you are SUPER swamped but will you let us know when you post your experience or...if you don't do that...when you get a chance (ANY time....no rush for 21 days ) let me know those details!

I'm nervous too - even though I KNOW KNOW KNOW I shouldn't be!!

Thank you so much!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

No worries!!!

Well... it was all very simple and straightforward really! Our appointment was at 8am, so we got there at about 7:15ish.... lol. You cant go up to the 10th floor until 7:30 (the elevator wont let you). Once you get up there, you sit in front of the door for about 10 minutes and wait till they open and then you go through round one of security. Then you sit in these chairs and wait until the 59th floor opens up. Go to the bathroom before you go up if you have to because there are no bathrooms on the consulate floor. Then they let groups of about 5-8 people go up at a time, and right after you get off the elevator you go through security again. If you have a cell phone or a camera with you, they take it and hold it until you are finished with your "interview." Then you go through a metal detector, very much like you were at an airport, and are directed to the consulate room. When you walk in, you walk straight ahead to the machine, push the "immigrant visa" button, and sit down and wait for your number to be called. We were number 001. :) Hehehehehe.....

Anyways, it took Rose about 10 minutes before she was actually AT that window. Then the little screen said it was our turn. Now, having read stories about Rose, I was a little scared at first when I saw her. And I cant explain why, but I just KNEW it was here. She does look kinda scary.... but she is actually VERY sweet!!! As long as you have all the paperwork that you need, its all in order, have copies of everything underneath the original, and nothing is in plastic sleeves or binders when you go up there, you will be fine!! Make sure when you see her, your wearing your happy face!! Also, make sure that as soon as you sit down, you have your papers out, in hand, and ready to go. While your doing that if you have time, catch the view out the window in the back. BEAUT!!!

She called us up, and first we had to give her the I130 and I864 (thus sealing that we did NOT have to send it in before hand .. whew!) Then she took the rest of the documentation. Make sure its all in the exact order as it says on the instructions that it tells you on the sheet they send with the interview letter!! If not, she may send you back to your seat (it happened to the guy behind us, he was NOT happy, and then had to pick a new number and start all over again.) Then told us to go and pay the visa fees at another window, and then sit down and wait while she went through our paperwork. She would call us back and we would show her our reciept saying we paid and then she would let us know about the paperwork. So, my checking account took a US$570 wallop and we went and sat down. And we sat. And sat. And sat some more. And I was seriously starting to think that something was wrong when our number was called again. It took about 20 minutes in between the time that we sat down to when we were called again.

She said that everything was in order, filled out correctly, and that I didnt even NEED the cosponser paperwork that I had. Though she commended me for having it along just in case, because she said that you never know what might happen and you can NEVER be too prepared!! :) She then actually launched into about a 15 minute conversation with us about the teaching system in America and how it all works compared to the Australian system. She said she was just curious, wanted to know, and then wished us luck and sent us to sit down and wait to be called for our interview. She assured us she thought that there would be no problems. So we sat for about 5/10 minutes and we were called up to a WINDOW (I thought it would be all scary and across a desk or whatever for some reason) for our interview. First Scotts finerprints were scanned. Then he had to swear to the oath on the bottom of the second DS form that had to be signed. Then came the interview....

1. When were you married?

2. Where did you get married?

3. What type of work do you do sir?

4. And ma'am, what do you do?

He then said.. "Well, everything looks fine here. You can come pick your Visa up between 3:30 and 4 tomorrow afternoon."

Mellie: "Thats it?"

Consulate: "Yep, we will see you tomorrow."

Mellie: "So its approved?"

Consulate : "Yes, everything was perfect"

Mellie turns away stunned. :D

We left the building at 9:10am. And returned the next day to pick up our very expensive, well earned, hard to get sticker in Scotts passport.

As far as POE goes, we went through LA. We went through the American Citizen line, and when we handed him the big brown envelope, we were directed to some chairs in a waiting area. We were called up and the officer started going through our paperwork and told us to go get our luggage and then come back. We got our luggage, I went to the loo, (heehee) and then we went back. Scott had to sign a form, we were given some instructions on lifting conditions in two years, and then Scott was told "Welcome to America Sir. Your wife is beautiful and I wish the two of you the best of luck. You are a very great couple".

:) The end!!!

Trust me Caroline, you have NOTHING to worry about!!! :) Its a piece of cake!! Though I DID feel like I was going to vomit that morning and was shaking harder than I ever have before!! Its like everyone says. After its all said and done, you sit there and wonder why you worried so much!!

Timeline

Tonight I will post up some wedding pics!! Probably in off topic though, so watch for them!

Hey Mellie, what we did for our SSN was check the box on that one form, which says it will automatically be generated...but I didn't trust that, and so we went to the local office one week after Natalia arrived, and had a nice chat with the lady and got a number ordered through her. She was able to give us the number the next day, and then in one week the card showed up. Soooooo, if you're really anxious, go to your local office and see if they can expedite the process.

I love my job.

Timeline
Hey Mellie, what we did for our SSN was check the box on that one form, which says it will automatically be generated...but I didn't trust that, and so we went to the local office one week after Natalia arrived, and had a nice chat with the lady and got a number ordered through her. She was able to give us the number the next day, and then in one week the card showed up. Soooooo, if you're really anxious, go to your local office and see if they can expedite the process.

Thanks for the info!! I might try that, so that we can get Scott on the bank accounts and such. Theres so much you CANT do without a ssn.... uugghh....

1. When were you married?

2. Where did you get married?

3. What type of work do you do sir?

4. And ma'am, what do you do?

He then said.. "Well, everything looks fine here. You can come pick your Visa up between 3:30 and 4 tomorrow afternoon."

Mellie: "Thats it?"

Consulate: "Yep, we will see you tomorrow."

Mellie: "So its approved?"

Consulate : "Yes, everything was perfect"

Mellie turns away stunned. :D

I loved that part! I too just stood there for a minute, as the young fella was writing stuff down on our forms, and I ask him, so, are we, um, approved? And he says yeah congrats. Then you just kinda stand there stunned. You at least turned away and walked off. I stood there for like twenty minutes, just stunned. Ok maybe 20 seconds. Anyways, it was great. When he says that you get to act all excited in front of the other people and give your spouse a big hug and kiss. Fun times!

Congrats Mellie. Tell Scott welcome to America, and it's time for him to start watching some Packers football!

I love my job.

Timeline

OMG ok - that's good.

Sounds so much less traumatizing then I feel it is :)

I hope stewart didn't lose that "instruction" letter....you never know.

I have all the paperwork ready - just have to make copies and have my 1-864 notarized but that's all

You are the best mellie - thank you SO SO MUCH

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Your very very welcome ma'am!! It was a breeze. I know how you feel though, I was REALLY worried till we were done!

Sean... the packers are done for a while now!! Its time to start Aussie Rules!! SO SO EXCITED!!!! :D :D :D :D

I reckon he will get into the Packers though once that starts. And my dads out to get him stuck into baseball... ugh...

Timeline

OOoh yeah AFL starts now. Stewart is going to a game on Saturday I think...Geelong vs. ?? someone I don't know.

Who does Scott cheer for? Stewart is a DIEHARD Essendon fan :)

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Port Power, all the way baby!! Going for the Crows in that family is like having a deathwish.. lol

First game is on Saturday!!! :D Im so excited!! I love watching AFL. If you go to AFL.com.au you can get a season pass for about 60 bucks I think it is, and you can watch all the games. They put them online 24 hours after the final siren, and you can watch any game from the last 3 years, each game thats been played for all of the seasons. Kick butt stuff really!

And just as a sidenote, im trying to change my name on everything to my married name... WHAT A PAIN IN THE #######!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.