aussiewench

A few more questions, DCF Sydney

226 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

You can put em in the off topic post!! That would be a good place for them me thinks!!!

Thanks guys!! Ok, Im REALLY logging off now... I think... :D

February 13, 2006:VISA APPROVED!!!!

November 18, 2006: Mia Grace is born

May 30, 2008: 10 year Greencard approved

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can put em in the off topic post!! That would be a good place for them me thinks!!!

Thanks guys!! Ok, Im REALLY logging off now... I think... :D

:thumbs: done

Have fun.....I hope to catch up again with you guys on Friday when you fly out.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

AWESOME! What a great way to start off a week. Good on ya, I need to go read the offtopic post, but I'm sure it says it was a breeze. Congrats and time to start the rest of your life...with no visa worries!

I love my job.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow don't I feel like the odd girl out now. I need some other non-approved DCF people in here to keep me company.

Hopefully Ill be joining your ranks soon.

I can't get over your approval Mellie. I am seriously excited.

Not much to report here. 31 days left :) :) but who's counting right?

oooh and I got final approval for my morgage...my bank is about to own my new condo!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Kick ### Karo, you are now a **...wner. Ha. Good investment, that condo will be. Hopefully you can make some serious money when you sell it to move back to Australia in the future.

I love my job.

Timeline

HAHA Sean :) I know I am very excited to not be throwing away rent money. Also went to the gym last night - so proud of me!! AND I'm going to night. Soccer season starts up on Sunday so I'm taking ONE WEEK (lol) to get in shape for it. I can't wait - soccer season is my favorite part of year.

It's also good that it comes now since there are NO sports in which I am interested on TV now.

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Not an Olympic fan? I'm enjoying them. Love downhill skiing.

Good on ya for excersising, wish I had the motivation. You'll be extra fit when you go back to oz!

I love my job.

Timeline

hey someone on a diff. thread was talking about a bank letter of support ???

Did you have a bank letter? do I needone? I know I need bank STATEMENTS....like to show my balance.

but a letter?

oh wait - maybe that's what they mean by statement.

hmmm

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

hey someone on a diff. thread was talking about a bank letter of support ???

Did you have a bank letter? do I needone? I know I need bank STATEMENTS....like to show my balance.

but a letter?

oh wait - maybe that's what they mean by statement.

hmmm

Hey I don't think you need one. I didn't, per se...I had a bank letter, but that is due to me working at a bank, and it said the normal "Sean works here and has worked here since 2000 and makes this amount of money and has this position" verbage. So not a support letter but an employment letter. As for bank letter of support, don't have any clue. Maybe someone didn't make enough money but knew a banker who wrote them a letter stating how their accounts are handled (a bit overboard). I wouldn't worry. But do get an employment letter. I think that's required.

Oh and Karo, Happy Valentines Day. (L)

I love my job.

Timeline

Awww thanks Sean :) :) Valentine's day is fun....but this year i'm proclaiming it a capitalistic holiday that I hate...out of jealousy of course. Once Stewart gets here, you bet your @ss I'm celebrating the hell out of it every single year!

Hey how was TN? I don't even think I asked. AND did you come up with something fantastically romantic for tonight?

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

You're welcome. Here's an idea for ya, celebrate Valentines at the half way mark this year. So 2006 Valentines for you will be August 14. Something to look forward too. Never mind that's just a silly idea.

TN was good, Beale Street rocks. We did some museum stuff, visited the ducks at the Peabody Hotel, had some good bbq, rode around their trolleys, and heard some crazy lady sing. Good times. We will definitely go back when it's warmer. And take friends.

Tonight, I am still working on it. I was thinking of a bath when she gets home, but she is dead tired from work and so I think first thing first, when she gets home I'll have some soft music playing and candles lit in the bedroom. She can take a nap. During that time I will begin to cook. I'm thinking a great steak might be a good idea. Big ol steak. And mashed potatoes. Some veggies. Ooh and we have strawberries for dessert, I need to get something to go with them. After that, oh who knows. Maybe we'll go to bed early. Ha ha. Maybe a movie.

And maybe that bath...

I love my job.

Timeline

HAHAHA I hate you :) Sounds like a plan. I'm sure natalia will love it.

As for the Peabody. I LOVE THAT HOTEL. There is one in Orlando. LOVE IT...

I'm tired today and still worried about that Bank Letter. So just to clarify - don't kill me - you just took bank STATEMENTS? right?

I hate immigration.

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

I'm tired today and still worried about that Bank Letter. So just to clarify - don't kill me - you just took bank STATEMENTS? right?

I hate immigration.

Yeah don't fret. Statements are required but you know what? they didn't even look at mine. Just have them with you, no letter needed. You'll see everything you need in the final packet they send you, which tells you the exact order to present it all as well. NO WORRIES MATE!

I love my job.

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

I hate immigration.

Yeah don't fret. Statements are required but you know what? they didn't even look at mine. Just have them with you, no letter needed. You'll see everything you need in the final packet they send you, which tells you the exact order to present it all as well. NO WORRIES MATE!

Hey you!!

The bank LETTER thing is for the I 134. You dont need it for the I 864. Like Sean, I had one because I work in a bank, and you have to take a letter from your employer.

The bank Statements thing.... I think you only need them if you are using your savings on the I864, but I took all mine anyways. Rose even said to me that I had more paperwork than what was required of me, but that she liked to see that because it meant that I was truly prepared for all possibilities. SO yea, take them with you! I took about 6 months worth and they were happy campers.

We picked up Scotts Visa yesterday. Very pretty and expensive little sticker, that one!! lol

February 13, 2006:VISA APPROVED!!!!

November 18, 2006: Mia Grace is born

May 30, 2008: 10 year Greencard approved

Statements are required but you know what? they didn't even look at mine.

Statements aren't necessarily required. It's really up to the consulate officer; statements are just one of the things you can bring to prove your finances. When we had our interview in Sydney, the only thing I submitted with my I-864 was a letter from my father's employer and his taxes (as I had no income at the time, so he was sponsoring). Of course, I had all of the other evidence (i.e. payslips, statements and whatnot) in a folder I took with me "just in case". Anyway, they didn't even want to look at any of it. The letter plus tax transcripts proved to be sufficient.

I think, like mellie said, bank statements would be more crucial if you were using a savings account to meet the required amount of funds.

however, it is always a good idea to bring more info than needed just to be safe.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.