aussiewench

A few more questions, DCF Sydney

226 posts in this topic

:dance: I got my visa two days ago!

I'm REALLY curious to know what is in that A4 sized envelope they give you to take on board with you to be opened only by US Customs officials? I guess it's just copies of your documentation you submitted?

Sept 2005 engaged in USA, Dec 2005 married in Australia ;)

Apr 2006 completed DCF in Sydney, May 2006 emigrated to USA, Aug 2006 started new job

Jul 2007 finally had wedding, Dec 2007 moved into our first house

Jun 2008 our son is born, now just waiting for I-751...

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Congrats!!! We wanted to know too - but DONT OPEN IT :) :) They sure tell you THAT enough do'nt they?

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:dance: I got my visa two days ago!

I'm REALLY curious to know what is in that A4 sized envelope they give you to take on board with you to be opened only by US Customs officials? I guess it's just copies of your documentation you submitted?

vvil,

Congratulations!!!

You can google "Mysterious Brown Envelope" for an idea of what's in there---MBE used to be the name of the fiance FAQ page ;)

It contains all the docs and applications that you've submitted for the petition + visa application and will be your Permanent Record once you get to the US. It will be sent to Missouris for storage until you file something that they'll need it for (I-751, N-400).

congrats again, and travel safely!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Thanks all!

Hehe yeah I figured it was just that. I've been so nervy with everything it's almost annoying to have yet another thing to hold onto. BE OVER ALREADY!

I fly out on the 8th May (I did "defy" them and booked a cheaper fare before I got the visa). Just 2 and a bit more weeks of work... and one dentist appointment :( But probably a few drinkies too. :D

I'm Will by the way, hence the vvill :)

Apr 2006 completed DCF in Sydney, May 2006 emigrated to USA, Aug 2006 started new job

• 3 weeks later...

Damm I missed it when I lost this thread somehow........

Congratulations vvill :dance::dance: Hope you had a safe fight yesterday..you would be on US soil by now. All the best to you.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Thank you for reviving this thread Lorelle...

Mellie and Sean have left me alone!! So I'm glad you are still here.

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

you're welcome :P It just seemed cruel for it to be left to drift into the abyss lol

I wont be around here for a while after the 19th....Im moving out of here and in with my older son and his wife until I leave for the US and they dont have internet access crazy6no.gif Guess I will be making a few trips to the library hahahaha damm....gonna have the DT's by the time I get fulltime access again in the US.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

yep that ........and frustrated to boot lol :innocent:

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Damm I missed it when I lost this thread somehow........

Congratulations vvill :dance::dance: Hope you had a safe fight yesterday..you would be on US soil by now. All the best to you.

Thank you! Yes I had a safe flight (if not packed with people and uncomfortable), and got thru customs in reasonable time. (They made me wait til the officer had processed everyone else in the queue :( )

I'm now with my wife in Blacksburg, VA. A bit different to old Sydney town.

Actually, quick question (tho I will go check the other forums and google it now), do I need to apply for a SSN now? Or is it somehow processed along automatically with other things...

Timeline

1. CONGRATS on getting here. I can't beleive you are in Blacksburg!! I went to college not far from there. MY college is a HUGE rival with Va tech! I've spent many a drunken night in Blacksburg.

2. SS# - I say it's quicker just to go into the office. You should be fine...the stupid woman here wouldn't give it to Stewart until he had his green card, but most you only need your passport visa and stamp. Others who have waited..have waited ages. Just go ahead your self in and get it done.

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

1. CONGRATS on getting here. I can't beleive you are in Blacksburg!! I went to college not far from there. MY college is a HUGE rival with Va tech! I've spent many a drunken night in Blacksburg.

2. SS# - I say it's quicker just to go into the office. You should be fine...the stupid woman here wouldn't give it to Stewart until he had his green card, but most you only need your passport visa and stamp. Others who have waited..have waited ages. Just go ahead your self in and get it done.

1. You went to UVA? Another pirate?! My wife is graduating from VT this weekend, then we're heading back to the north/eastern part of VA. Small world, huh :D

2. Cool thanks karo, I'll probably do that. I think on the DS-230 there's somewhere where you say you want the SSN card but I forget right now and my copy of the document is back at my in-law's place.

Timeline

YEAH for your wife! That's awesome. Yeah Stewart checked that box too - and we never heard ANYTHING so we finally just took things into our own hands. He had his SS within DAYS.

He's settled in really well! I'm sure you'll do the same! He has a job and is going to school. We're just so darn happy to be together :) I know you are too - we actualyl are going back to Oz for xmas again as his sister is getting married! I swear I've been to more Australian weddings than American ones :)

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Actually, quick question (tho I will go check the other forums and google it now), do I need to apply for a SSN now? Or is it somehow processed along automatically with other things...

OMG, where's that head-exploding smilie? :whistle:

Wait 3 weeks from entry. If no sign of your already-applied-for SS card, go to your SSA office and re-apply in person.

The cards most often show up exactly as expected.

Check the Guide and posts from mdyoung for info on "EAE/Enumeration At Entry" which explains the process of applying via DS-230 II.

re Welcome :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

I thought I'd jump on this thread to say hello to everybody and to add more support! I'm sure I'm going to need it at the end of this year. It's so quiet here at work. I'm a radiography tech (aka Xray Tech) and my days just can't go fast enough. I work at a small clinic and hardly shoot any patients. At the main hospital that I'm a part of, we would shoot non-stop... I like being here... gives me more time to research info on this Visa stuff... if it weren't for AussieWench, I would have never heard of/looked into, DCF. And of course Karo has been quite a help also, otherwise I'd still be a bit lost :huh:

Anyway, glad to be in the company of good people...

Keep up the support, every little bit helps! :thumbs:

Edited by David A.

04 January 2004 : Met Stephanie in Las Vegas.

15 May 2006 : Joined visajourney

16 September 2006: Got married in Las Vegas.

03 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for certificate of name change.

12 October 2006 : Stephanie recieved certificate of name change.

16 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for NPC, recieves a couple weeks later.

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

27 December 2006 : Received RFE in the mail, returned RFE same day.

24 January 2007 : New Legislation preventing approvals of I-130s at Consulate.

30 January 2007 : Final Visa Interview in Sydney.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

04 March 2007: Stephanie flies back to Australia to post her passport.

14 March 2007: Stephanie Recieves passport and visa.

18 March 2007: Stephanie is in Florida. Journey is over.

30 March 2007: Stephanie gets Social Security Card.

02 April 2007: Stephanie gets Green Card.

"what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas" - david

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.