Pryda

We met only once in person (casablanca consulate)

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello 

Me and my fiancee met only once in person through our whole relationship of over a year the visit was only for one week however we did alot of things together traveled everywhere and took plenty of photos together and with the family ! Is it yet still possible for us to apply for the k1 visa and still get an approval ? Did anyone get a visa approval from casablanca consulate with only one meeting in person! We also have proof of ongoing relationship of more than a year (mails, gifts, conversations...)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Pryda said:

Hello 

Me and my fiancee met only once in person through our whole relationship of over a year the visit was only for one week however we did alot of things together traveled everywhere and took plenty of photos together and with the family ! Is it yet still possible for us to apply for the k1 visa and still get an approval ? Did anyone get a visa approval from casablanca consulate with only one meeting in person! We also have proof of ongoing relationship of more than a year (mails, gifts, conversations...)

If this is someone you want to marry and spend your life with, why don't you meet few more times before taking next steps? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

embassy timeline:   5 and 6 years ago they were only giving out visas for a few K1 

2 years ago they were approving more

Now: they are back to denying most again  (look on morocco portal page to see accepted visas)

i made 5 visits and they were all 1 to 3 months

your chances are really not strong

i do not discourage the relationship but you need a lot more face time to be approved in Casa and CR1 (after u spend more time together) is best way to go in our country

incha allah 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Agree more time together, see how it goes.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I did not get approved with one visit through Casa. Many people don't but a lot of people try. When my fiance had his interview there were 7 other males there,  no one was approved. 

If you want to talk, msg me and I'll send you my whatsapp number.  15 months and two more visits later in going back to get married next month.  We purposely waited and had more visits to have a better chance of success with CR1 instead of getting married 2nd visit (those usually aren't successful either unless you're in country for 3-4 months plus)  

There's a Facebook group for women with Moroccan fiance and one in darija for the Moroccan fiance, most of the talk is about long AP etc. 

Again, msg me if you want to talk. 

Timeline

if you want to know what happens here is an example:

and this is NVC case number / application was made in 2013

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Administrative Processing
Immigrant Visa Case Number: CSB2014xxxxxxxxx 01 CSB
Case Created: 17-Jun-2014
Case Last Updated: 29-Sep-2017

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached. 
For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Is it possible? Yes

Is it likely? No

I do know a handful of couples who have been approved in Casablanca with just one visit, but they had very few red flags, and were around the same age. If you have any sort of age gap bigger than 5 years, I really really recommend more than 1 visit. I myself made 5 visits to Morocco, but I think even at least 2 is a big help in the interview. They also very strongly consider the contents of the I-129F packet. If you have a well organized, convincing packet, your interview is more likely to be smooth, still there is really never a guarantee in Casablanca. Good luck.

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline

here u say know financee for 1 year  / other post u made says 2 years 

anyway, need honest timelines to help each other 

and 1 one week visit will not get a visa

u seriously need a lot more time together

and financee must see u within 2 years of the interview 

you can even meet in a foreign country like France or Italy if u r able to get tourist visa for Europe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would recommend more visits.  I did not do the K1.  We did the Cr1.  But I made three trips over three years.  One for three months, one for two months and one for two weeks.  Besides having a better chance for approval, you get the chance to really know the person you are marrying.  I think that helps a lot in his adjustment to the USA.  We didn't really have to adjust to each other because we had spent so much time together already.  And also, we were approved at the interview and he had his visa two weeks later. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Here's my two cents.....

I began talking to my algerian fiance last July....we physically met in Germany over Christmas....I met his friends, he met my sister....we traveled to Prague together. It was a great week. I filed the I 129f at the end of January. And then I found this site. The Algiers embassy is also a tough embassy  (albeit not as difficult as Casa from what I have read). If I had found this site BEFORE I filed the K1....I would have done things much differently....I would have visited him at least once more before filing. I visited him in March (after filing) and I plan on being there for the interview...but....at this point  (9 months in....his interview is in a couple of weeks), I feel like I have been trying to play catch up..... 

Listen to what the people here are telling you....visit each other....spend more time together before you file. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

casa is one of the toughest embassy. And in Spouse visa many things comes to play.

DONT RUSH INTO DECISION FOR 1 WEEK OF ROMANCE AND SEEING EACH OTHER.  It's life not a god damm dress rehearsal and with marriage many people and many relationship are connected. 

MY TWO CENTS KNOW EACH OTHER VERY WELL BEFORE MARRIAGE IRRESPECTIVE OF WHATEVER COUNTRY YOU ARE FROM 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
10 hours ago, Abdeslam said:

i think you really need more visite , i know some one on facebook who recently got denied a K1 visa in the algerian embassy even after 2x visite  of 2 weeks each ,  his interview went well , no red flag and still the CO told him that he failed to prove a genuine relationship

Was this an arranged marriage?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.