Amit&Julie

Where to meet up w/ fiance outside India?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:15 PM, Amit&Julie said:

@patientguyinlove Don't get me wrong, I would much rather go to India. ^_^ The only problem is I've already traveled there twice in 2017 on e-Tourist Visas, and from what I understand, US Citizens are only allowed 2 e-TVs per calendar year. I could apply for a 6-month tourist visa, but this process alone can take a few months and I've read horrible things about the company that handles them losing passports and such. Not a risk I want to take before attending the fiance interview. :) 

I'll look into Cambodia and keep China Eastern in mind for the interview. Thanks!  

I just thought I would mention, I have a 10 year tourist visa and had completed that process in 2 weeks, there was no expediting either.  The process is quite quick.  You actually process through a company called Cox and King. I received text updates each day telling me where my passport and visa was in the process....  The cost was about $150 which included a return FedEx.

Happy Travels!

CM

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

@Mrs.C.M. That's very interesting. Was this recently that you got the tourist visa through Cox & King in such a short timeframe?

Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 12:24 PM, Amit&Julie said:

@Mrs.C.M. That's very interesting. Was this recently that you got the tourist visa through Cox & King in such a short timeframe?

Yes I recently did mine this past August :) I have a 10 year/multiple entry

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mrs.C.M. said:

Yes I recently did mine this past August :) I have a 10 year/multiple entry

Oh, wow! That's encouraging. I might give it another try. Thanks for the info! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Flights to Bangkok have been cheap recently. Around 500USD round trip.

pa·tient  - able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Europe would be good. We went to Paris together form India and then she went back to India from Paris and i took a flight to USA. So europe where the flight time is 7-10 hrs either from India or USA would be ideal. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, vkrishn said:

Europe would be good. We went to Paris together form India and then she went back to India from Paris and i took a flight to USA. So europe where the flight time is 7-10 hrs either from India or USA would be ideal. 

Yeah, we're actually looking at Spain right now because it's right in the middle. Did your wife have any trouble getting a visa to go to France? I'm hoping that evidence of our pending K1 case, US Embassy interview in Delhi, etc. will help convince any European officials that he has no intentions to stay there.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Amit&Julie said:

Yeah, we're actually looking at Spain right now because it's right in the middle. Did your wife have any trouble getting a visa to go to France? I'm hoping that evidence of our pending K1 case, US Embassy interview in Delhi, etc. will help convince any European officials that he has no intentions to stay there.

No. She had no issue getting a Schengen visa from France consulate in Chennai (Actually Pondicherry). At that point we did not even submit our I-130 for F2A case.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, vkrishn said:

No. She had no issue getting a Schengen visa from France consulate in Chennai (Actually Pondicherry). At that point we did not even submit our I-130 for F2A case.

Oh, wow! Cool. Hopefully he'll have an easy time with Spanish consulate also. Thanks for your feedback!

• 2 months later...

@Amit&Julie 

Did you find any alternate that worked? I'm in a very similar situation... But he's working in Dubai (from India) and it's VERY expensive to stay in Dubai, so looking for an Indian friendly location to meet in the mean time... halfway between and not crazy expensive (if that's even possible 😉)

Thanks in advance ! 

Jela (USC, Missouri) & Ben (East Indian in Dubai)  :wub:

Adjusting Status from Conditional Green Card after K1 Visa:
4-20-21 Sent 751 packet (via USPS overnight)

4-21-21 Received by USCIS (Signed by T. Wright)

5-7-21   Receipt date on our 797 (extending GC for 18 months) {we included G-1145, got a text, but no email - for those curious.}

5-8-21   Received Text message from USCIS with receipt number, Assigning service center SRC. (@12:35pm) 

5-10-21  Check cashed/cleared our bank

5-13-21  Hard copy of 797 Received in postal mail

5-17-21 Received email notice update from USCIS account that on 17th they used his previous biometrics for 751.

5-21-21 Biometrics letter received in postal mail.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Ben & Jela said:

@Amit&Julie 

Did you find any alternate that worked? I'm in a very similar situation... But he's working in Dubai (from India) and it's VERY expensive to stay in Dubai, so looking for an Indian friendly location to meet in the mean time... halfway between and not crazy expensive (if that's even possible 😉)

Thanks in advance ! 

Our Plan A was to try to meet up in Spain since it was halfway (though not particularly cheap!). We thought our pending K1 visa case with the US would assure the Spanish government that he had strong enough ties to India to make him return...nope! Schengen Visa denied. :( Plan B was Thailand, because costs once we got there were cheap. Not halfway, and definitely a loooong journey for me to make, but it was a very cool place and I'd definitely go back! 

I found this Wikipedia page very helpful in looking for options: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Indian_citizens Unfortunately, there aren't many places with "easy" requirements for Indian citizens that are conveniently located and cheap, too. Best wishes, and do let us know what works out for you.

Timeline

We met in Nepal very cheap, then we met in Sri lanka, that was also cheap, then in Malaysia, and last visit was for Thailand. 
Nepal needs no Visa for Indian citizens, and rest of them has either easy online visa or visa on arrival.

Thank you @DeepInLove

I was hoping to find something a bit closer to USA 🙂  If not, India works fine.  

Thank you also @Amit&Julie

I'm thinking the same would happen for us, as he's tried for visitor visa and was denied as well.  Let's see, fingers crossed we are able to meet soon 😊

Jela (USC, Missouri) & Ben (East Indian in Dubai)  :wub:

Adjusting Status from Conditional Green Card after K1 Visa:
4-20-21 Sent 751 packet (via USPS overnight)

4-21-21 Received by USCIS (Signed by T. Wright)

5-7-21   Receipt date on our 797 (extending GC for 18 months) {we included G-1145, got a text, but no email - for those curious.}

5-8-21   Received Text message from USCIS with receipt number, Assigning service center SRC. (@12:35pm) 

5-10-21  Check cashed/cleared our bank

5-13-21  Hard copy of 797 Received in postal mail

5-17-21 Received email notice update from USCIS account that on 17th they used his previous biometrics for 751.

5-21-21 Biometrics letter received in postal mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I would go to the Middle East. UAE or Qatar are safe countries. Lots to see. You can get cheap hostels if you're on a budget. It's very easy for Indians to get visas there. Emirates, Qatar Airways and Etihad fly (pretty cheap) there from the USA and India. You can look at places in Africa too...Kenya or South Africa. If you're fiance hasn't traveled a lot, getting a tourist visa to any western country is going to be harder (Eg: the Schengen visa).

Edited by SMcNally

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.