Aping26

Waiting for NoA2 but wants to visit fiance and apply for B1 visa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Disagree with the above post.  Many people visit during this process.  So many that VJ created and entire thread called "yes you can visit".  I suggest you start there and begin compiling your strong ties to present to the consulate.

good luck.  

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

4 minutes ago, canadian_wife said:

Disagree with the above post.  Many people visit during this process.  So many that VJ created and entire thread called "yes you can visit".  I suggest you start there and begin compiling your strong ties to present to the consulate.

good luck.  

Really? So u think I have a chance of getting a tourist visa while waiting for the K1? 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Aping26 said:

Really? So u think I have a chance of getting a tourist visa while waiting for the K1? 

It really is country dependent.  My wife was denied a B visa at the window during our process (a few years ago) before she was able to utter a word..........LOL....like "Hello good morning, we reviewed this case and no you are not getting this visa today". 

It's not the money, but the time really.  They could have just sent out a "thanks for the payment but don't bother" email.

As Canadians seem to be empowered to load up fleets of trucks, cross over, and build whole communities / start families while they are in the immigration process I believe I would take a Canadian experience with a grain of salt.  That's just me.

Applying and being denied does not hurt your case.  Might be worth it to give it a shot.  Bring lots of reasons that you have to come back.  More than owning a home and holding a good job.  My wife had that LOL.  Didn't even earn the benefit of being able to verbally ask.  Good luck!

43 minutes ago, Aping26 said:

It depends. We don't know the totality of your circumstances.

Here is a link to the thread that @canadian_wife mentioned....

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Aping26 said:

Hi I just want to ask. I am waiting for my NOA2 but I would want to visit my fiance in the US.

would it be fine or how is the chance of getting a Tourist visa when I have a pending K1 visa application? 

Thanks guys. 

If you already had a visa and a good entry record never overstayed etc. I would say yes why not!

However getting a visa from zero would be hard. Also depending on your country and even on the poe. 

You can give it a shot as b2 is not too expensive however that will also leave a record that says you were rejected a visa before. Which you will be writing on your forms for k-1.

I am sorry for not being able to give good news

I was once denied when I applied for a visa (before my fiance applied for the K1) in dubai. If I will give this a try then this application will be my second. I am a filipino and I have been able to acquire a schengen visa (never been to the US though) 

I wish my second application will be a good sign to pursue my life in America. I am still thinking. I dont know. I really dont know. I am unemployed and my only reason is that i am going to visit my fiance and that will be a surprise. I wish the consul will grant me a visa. :( 

36 minutes ago, Aping26 said:

I was once denied when I applied for a visa (before my fiance applied for the K1) in dubai. If I will give this a try then this application will be my second. I am a filipino and I have been able to acquire a schengen visa (never been to the US though) 

I wish my second application will be a good sign to pursue my life in America. I am still thinking. I dont know. I really dont know. I am unemployed and my only reason is that i am going to visit my fiance and that will be a surprise. I wish the consul will grant me a visa. :( 

sorry.  u have zero chance at visitor visa.

u file k1 with immigration intent.

u unemployed - bad

u young filipino with one deny visa - bad

Edited by BuiQuang

You're unlikely to get a tourist visa given your stated circumstances. It won't hurt your K-1 process (just be sure to note the refusal on the DS-160, and if asked). The only way to know is to try...the embassies are always looking for a $160 donation. ;)

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
19 hours ago, Aping26 said:

Thats what we did. We met in Europe last february. But i would want to hopefully surprise him by visiting him. I thought there is a chance since the embassy would know that i am really coming back to process my K1. Sigh. I thought I am gonna see him. Tsk. 

Having a k-1 in process shows immigrant intent. You can apply for a b1/b2 but you need to be honest and tell them you're waiting on a k-1, so be prepared for a denial.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.