2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Naes said:

No. It doesn't affect that way.

just don't forget to check if your embassy accepts a co-sponsor.

Our embassy is London and it’s my understanding they allow cosponsors. Do you know when we receive notice that we need one & when that issue is handled? Does it wait until the interview ?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tpienkowski said:

Our embassy is London and it’s my understanding they allow cosponsors. Do you know when we receive notice that we need one & when that issue is handled? Does it wait until the interview ?

As you shouldn't give info on sponsor before the interview they won't know anything till the interview.

uk allows co-sponsor, then you're just going to give it with all the other information during the interview. It is not that rare so no worries.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Naes said:

As you shouldn't give info on sponsor before the interview they won't know anything till the interview.

uk allows co-sponsor, then you're just going to give it with all the other information during the interview. It is not that rare so no worries.

Oh okay, I was under the impression it was a seperate situation and more like a RFE in a way. Thank god it isn’t anymore time consuming or hassling 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Tpienkowski said:

Oh okay, I was under the impression it was a seperate situation and more like a RFE in a way. Thank god it isn’t anymore time consuming or hassling 

Nope.

you give both affidavit of supports at the interview.

(petitioner and co-sponsor at the same time at the interview- I also heard in U.K. They don't care about the main sponsor if there's a co-sponsor and they say main sponsor doesn't need to provide I-134 but I would still have one just in case)

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

Nope.

you give both affidavit of supports at the interview.

(petitioner and co-sponsor at the same time at the interview- I also heard in U.K. They don't care about the main sponsor if there's a co-sponsor and they say main sponsor doesn't need to provide I-134 but I would still have one just in case)

Meaning I would just mail the paperwork to my fiancé for him to bring it to the interview ? (Sorry if that sounds stupid )

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tpienkowski said:

Meaning I would just mail the paperwork to my fiancé for him to bring it to the interview ? (Sorry if that sounds stupid )

(Nothing sounds stupid here)

yep that's how it should be. I would still check around if there's anything different for U.K. Embassy. Try the portal for specific country or check how others do.

but regularly I-134 is taken to the interview with all other proofs attached to it such as tax returns.

We've passed the 100th day and still waiting. I check back this forum after my 120th day. I read all the comments through my email. Thanks guys. I will be alright.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

Just joined the forum. I'm an early October filer as well. Had one quick question. I see that my last update / touched date is 10/10/17. For those that haven't processed any changes are you seeing similar dates in October? I'm just trying to figure things out. If approvals are mid July right now, when do we expect to see the next update / touch? Maybe a month before USCIS is processing October filers?

Thanks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Is there a recommended iOS USCIS case tracking app?

I saw the one from @Naes in the Google Play store, but wondered if there was one for the iPhone that people recommend.

10/03/2017 I-129F sent

10/05/2017 - I-129F delivered

10/10/2017 - NOA1 

03/29/2018 - NOA2 

04/17/2018 NVC case received

04/19/2018 - NVC case number assigned

05/16/2018 - In Transit to Consulate

05/18/2018 - Ready at Consulate

06/18/2018 - Medical

07/03/2018 - Interview

07/19/2018 - VOH

07/27/2018 - POE

Post NOA2 Information For Brazil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SilentLight said:

Hi all,

Just joined the forum. I'm an early October filer as well. Had one quick question. I see that my last update / touched date is 10/10/17. For those that haven't processed any changes are you seeing similar dates in October? I'm just trying to figure things out. If approvals are mid July right now, when do we expect to see the next update / touch? Maybe a month before USCIS is processing October filers?

Thanks. 

Our case status shows 10/11/17 as the last touched date as well, so your date seems perfectly normal to me.

10/03/2017 I-129F sent

10/05/2017 - I-129F delivered

10/10/2017 - NOA1 

03/29/2018 - NOA2 

04/17/2018 NVC case received

04/19/2018 - NVC case number assigned

05/16/2018 - In Transit to Consulate

05/18/2018 - Ready at Consulate

06/18/2018 - Medical

07/03/2018 - Interview

07/19/2018 - VOH

07/27/2018 - POE

Post NOA2 Information For Brazil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, Mgdtime97 said:

Our case status shows 10/11/17 as the last touched date as well, so your date seems perfectly normal to me.

Thanks. Guess that means we'll possibly see an update in March. The actual application review/investigation has to take a couple of weeks right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
43 minutes ago, SilentLight said:

Thanks. Guess that means we'll possibly see an update in March. The actual application review/investigation has to take a couple of weeks right?

I don't think anyone has made any estimations for us October filers yet but what i can say is that July started 2nd week of Jan? and there are predictions that they will start August in the  2nd week of February. At this rate seems like they might start touching October late-March to April? Thats me being conservative.. I'm hoping they speed up even more and start October in mid March. If you put your dates in right our VJ timeline looks pretty accurate (hopefully). My petition was received Oct 10 and my timeline says it may be adjudicated between April 25-29... hang on! only a couple months to go :D

Edited by L and E

52 minutes ago, Mgdtime97 said:

I saw the one from @Naes in the Google Play store, but wondered if there was one for the iPhone that people recommend.

Case Tracker is the app I use on iPhone.  I like it better than the other USCIS apps.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/case-tracker-for-uscis/id921827126?platform=iphone&preserveScrollPosition=true#platform/iphone

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mgdtime97 said:

I use iPhone, case tracker.. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, SilentLight said:

I'm September 15 and I hope I barely see an update in march.. did something change when I was sleeping last night?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.