2,704 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Buhr said:

I’m so sorry that happened to you two. I myself get anxious every time I cross the border to see my fiancé because I always think they’ll come up with a reason to deny my entry and cancel my visa.

Is it an option for you to go visit him in England?

I wish I could however I don't acquire enough vacation to go and we're planning one long extended trip next Christmas (2019) so I have to save my vacation time up. He is technically self employed that's why he does all the visiting.

14 hours ago, L and E said:

I'm glad he can stay... Very scary situation for you, I can only imagine. Unfortunately any non USC coming into the US is viewed as "guilty until proven innocent" unlike the principle we deem very important as USC's which is to be innocent until proven guilty... doesn't sit right with me, and sounds pretty darn terrible from the sounds of the few stories shared here. Well, all is well... Rest, enjoy your time and be happy! Really sounds like you guys deserve it (L)

Thanks hon! It's sad to say but it's true. They acted like he was a drug lord or something. I know they're just doing their job I understand completely. It just sucks because he's such a good person.

14 hours ago, Christy&J said:

alright ! I kinda have situation now.

First of all I am sorry to hear all the stress that happened to you Britani.

now this concern me lot and lot ! back in 2017 I visited James every months for 7 days. That time I had my Indonesian citizenship and passport but since December 2017 I am a German citizenship with German passport, I applied for ESTA and it's easy pissy to get it.

James just got back to the State 3 days ago :) now we are planning to fly me to the state for his 40 Bday ( I know he is old ----ahmm I meant not old he is Vintage xD ) for like a week.

My POE will be Charlotte ( this is military flight so this is the cheapest they can get me xD )

need to get some advice if I would have any difficulties as I travelled too many times to the States ( I don't count my time travel to US for work ) - or should I just wait until I get my K1 visa ?

thank you thank you

You will be fine. The only reason he got stopped is because he was in the US last year 7 months out of 12. The way the officer explained it to me and him is because of him being here more than his home country that could be considered living here illegally. We had no idea. We thought as long as he leaves within 90 days of each visit all is good and he did say that was taken into consideration of them allowing him to stay this time because he had no criminal history, no actual overstays, and was basically ignorant to this guideline and my crying on the phone probably helped...who knows. I lost it. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ralf2017 said:

Thanks @Naes So the table you posted shows that they are working on August as well. correct? or are these expedited apps?

Expedited. 

And for the rfe and updates part is mostly name/ date updates and some rfes.

Unless a month shows 10 movements in a day, it is not started.

Edited by Naes

Just now, Naes said:

Expedited. 

And for the rfe and updates part is mostly name/ date updates and some rfes.

I assume RFE's can happen right away when they get the case papers (NOA1 date) OR later on when they actually review the paperwork. right? I just want to make sure I'm reading the table correct and know what "touched" means. Sorry for multiple questions :)

Timeline
Just now, Ralf2017 said:

I assume RFE's can happen right away when they get the case papers (NOA1 date) OR later on when they actually review the paperwork. right? I just want to make sure I'm reading the table correct and know what "touched" means. Sorry for multiple questions :)

Exactly. You can ask as many as you like it is ok :)

Touched has; rfe sent, received, name updates, date of birth updates, document mail etc. basically every status that would be considered "pending for review" but that is not "case received" (which are virgins). Rfe can occur anytime at the process. for most it happens when they are reviewing the paperwork. 

When you see a month getting real attention there will be at least 10 movements a day and/or early dates will get approvals (at least 2-3 but this wouldn't even matter)

We are still in July. They did not even go through the month yet. and June is also standing yet. But hopefully as they are a little bit strong on July they will also move smoothly to August in early February.

@Naes

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So, I just wanted to put this out there to see if anyone had any thoughts... I see a lot of people posting about visiting their SOs and this will help them during the interview portion of the process as it will show their ongoing relationship. My personal situation is that right after my last visit to CO (Feb 2017) I was banned from international travel due rule changes to a disciplinary program i have to be a part of for my state licensure for my job. REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY terrible situation for us since we have been forced to be apart for so long ( I get out of this hell end of June this year and it would be really difficult for him to get a tourist visa, plus he needs to work). We have made it this far and our love is strong and patient... My concern is that when he gets to his interview the officer will doubt us because I haven't come to visit him. Also, he was previously married and has a son and they have been separated since Nov 2014 but only sept 2017 got their divorce (she wrote us a notarized letter stating he has paid child support to her since their separation) . All this was hard enough for ME to swallow, but I've made my peace with it. I'm just worried about his interview :/ 

Timeline
3 hours ago, L and E said:

So, I just wanted to put this out there to see if anyone had any thoughts... I see a lot of people posting about visiting their SOs and this will help them during the interview portion of the process as it will show their ongoing relationship. My personal situation is that right after my last visit to CO (Feb 2017) I was banned from international travel due rule changes to a disciplinary program i have to be a part of for my state licensure for my job. REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY terrible situation for us since we have been forced to be apart for so long ( I get out of this hell end of June this year and it would be really difficult for him to get a tourist visa, plus he needs to work). We have made it this far and our love is strong and patient... My concern is that when he gets to his interview the officer will doubt us because I haven't come to visit him. Also, he was previously married and has a son and they have been separated since Nov 2014 but only sept 2017 got their divorce (she wrote us a notarized letter stating he has paid child support to her since their separation) . All this was hard enough for ME to swallow, but I've made my peace with it. I'm just worried about his interview :/ 

Well normally I say you don't need to go. 

Some embassies don't even let the citizen in so that's not a big deal. But as he looks like he just got divorced. He needs to explain it clearly.

but even in that case I don't know if you being there would change anything. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Naes said:

Well normally I say you don't need to go. 

Some embassies don't even let the citizen in so that's not a big deal. But as he looks like he just got divorced. He needs to explain it clearly.

but even in that case I don't know if you being there would change anything. 

Thanks @Naes

I guess I just have a ton of guilt that I can't go see him all this time. And I have been worried about the divorce thing since day 1... We have a lawyer and she basically said the same thing. He needs to explain it clearly. We will practice thoroughly but I know he just needs to tell his truth. I trust him I just pray that the officer isn't cynical or in a bad mood. My friends and family think we have nothing to worry about because we have a bonafide relationship but I just get so nervous because this is OUR lives on the line. I don't even want to imagine a reality where after all this time we aren't approved. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey everyone, 

late night thinking always gets me and I can’t fall asleep til I think it out. Does anyone know if needing a sponsor for the fiancé to move causes delays/trouble for the process. We’re going through rapidvisa and they’re very helpful with making sure we do everything ASAP but I just want to know wether to expect trouble and delays for needing a co sponsor. Thanks 

Edited by Tpienkowski

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Tpienkowski said:

Hey everyone, 

late night thinking always gets me and I can’t fall asleep til I think it out. Does anyone know if needing a sponsor for the fiancé to move causes delays/trouble for the process. We’re going through rapidvisa and they’re very helpful with making sure we do everything ASAP but I just want to know wether to expect trouble and delays for needing a co sponsor. Thanks 

No. It doesn't affect that way.

just don't forget to check if your embassy accepts a co-sponsor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.